Time To Back The Manager.

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't understand the premise behind this thread to be honest. Regardless of who is manager I always want us to win every game and every competition. But if I'm expected to write on here that I think the present manager is the right man for the job I absolutely won't. At games I will be behind the team and at games my disdain for the manager will be irrelevant. But why should I deny my feelings on here when quite clearly I think him a complete and utter charlatan.

1 hour ago, The Dude said:

Crazy suggestion here BUT perhaps the shite we were served up last season (under both managers) was the limit of what the duds on the pitch were capable of. 

Nah, I don't believe it was their limit.

If that were the case then why were they occasionally able to turn it on in bigger games? 

They just couldn't be arsed.

12 minutes ago, OneDavidCooper said:

I don't understand the premise behind this thread to be honest. Regardless of who is manager I always want us to win every game and every competition. But if I'm expected to write on here that I think the present manager is the right man for the job I absolutely won't. At games I will be behind the team and at games my disdain for the manager will be irrelevant. But why should I deny my feelings on here when quite clearly I think him a complete and utter charlatan.

Because support the manager 

2 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

If that were the case then why were they occasionally able to turn it on in bigger games? 

Which bigger games did that squad turn it on in last season? A 1-1 draw with Celtic?

EDIT: I do agree on the couldn't be arsed bit. 

3 hours ago, K.A.I said:

Giving him until Christmas is noble but we are already out of Europe and could he put of league cup and well behind in the league by then and then we have to go through all this shit again and repeat. I think we should just act as soon as possible - first couple of league games might justify doing it.

I appreciate there's a couple of maybes in there but I don't think I'll be far wrong either - sadly.

I see what you are saying, realistically it depends on if points are dropped and if there is a gap of more than 9 points, then I totally agree he must go before Christmas along with his team and JJ.

5 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

that sounds terrible people paid good money for their season tickets, R.TV. I would prefer that they 'wasn't up to standards' than 'couldn't be arsed'. That attitude would be totally disrespecting the fans.

Just now, The Dude said:

Which bigger games did that squad turn it on in last season? A 1-1 draw with Celtic?

EDIT: I do agree on the couldn't be arsed bit. 

We'd go through spells of beating the likes of Aberdeen and Hearts out of nowhere then getting beat by teams like Dundee and Inverness. 

Then we'd hammer Hamilton, get a draw away to the taigs and for the next couple of weeks draw against complete dross teams

2 minutes ago, Sweetheart said:

that sounds terrible people paid good money for their season tickets, R.TV. I would prefer that they 'wasn't up to standards' than 'couldn't be arsed'. That attitude would be totally disrespecting the fans.

That's how I view it though.

That team would do nothing but pass the ball sideways for about 85 minutes most of the season and then urgency would appear in the last 5. They were lazy and I lost count of the amount of times I found myself saying why do we wait until so late on to actually attack.

2 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

That's how I view it though.

That team would do nothing but pass the ball sideways for about 85 minutes most of the season and then urgency would appear in the last 5. They were lazy and I lost count of the amount of times I found myself saying why do we wait until so late on to actually attack.

I can see why you view it that way, but if that's the case then their taking the pish out of fans, who have paid to see athlete's giving their best efforts. If that was the attitude of the players then they deserve their asses kicked from the club. It sickening to think our players would act like diva's after everything the club has been through and fought for.

2 minutes ago, Sweetheart said:

I can see why you view it that way, but if that's the case then their taking the pish out of fans, who have paid to see athlete's giving their best efforts. If that was the attitude of the players then they deserve their asses kicked from the club. It sickening to think our players would act like diva's after everything the club has been through and fought for.

Have you only just came out of a coma?

Just now, .Williamson. said:

Have you only just came out of a coma?

LOL, ya cheeky thing....  :p:

No. Just thought the players weren't up to standard. I was glad when Pedro raised the standard needed to play for Rangers. On paper the new team look to a better.standard.

After seeing the two worst defeats of my life as a Rangers fan in the space of a few months I am surprised he is still here. He needs to win US over. He'll get my backing when he shows me any inclination he's worthy of it and so far that has not been the case. 

1 hour ago, OneDavidCooper said:

Just as well I didn't ask you to do that.

33 minutes ago, Sweetheart said:

LOL, ya cheeky thing....  :p:

No. Just thought the players weren't up to standard. I was glad when Pedro raised the standard needed to play for Rangers. On paper the new team look to a better.standard.

Eh? Have I missed something?

Just now, Frank Harrison said:

No it doesn't :lol: 

Imho, We look in a better position this season on paper than we did last season. Pedro has weeded out the sub standard players which was needed. He's put in place a higher standard of training, one which would be expected of athletes. He's brought 9 new player in, some for key positions, They appear to be prepared to challenge the opponents,  although they've not found their flow as a team yet. I'm giving the team a chance to gel during these friendlies.

6 minutes ago, Sweetheart said:

Imho, We look in a better position this season on paper than we did last season. Pedro has weeded out the sub standard players which was needed. He's put in place a higher standard of training, one which would be expected of athletes. He's brought 9 new player in, some for key positions, They appear to be prepared to challenge the opponents,  although they've not found their flow as a team yet. I'm giving the team a chance to gel during these friendlies.

No he hasn't. 4 or 5 of them are still hanging around the first team squad. They need binned. 

2 minutes ago, Tenerife Bear said:

No he hasn't. 4 or 5 of them are still hanging around the first team squad. They need binned. 

Isn't that due to contracts, those players should know they are surplus to requirement and move on peacefully, they've done their bit for Rangers..