Arsenal's invincibles - a myth?

If anyone asked me what team, outside Rangers, I could watch again it would probably be that Arsenal era side or perhaps France at Euro 2000.

It had everything from lightning pace, skill, slick passing and no one fucked with them. If you wanted a battle you got one.

I'd agree that Chelsea in 2005-06 was probably a better all round side and the Man U side from 06-09 would take some beating too but they were no where near as entertaining as that Arsenal team.

In terms of that Arsenal era I'd probably admit the 2001-02 Arsenal side was a shade better. Perhaps because Bergkamp was still world class and Wiltord and Parlour had excellent seasons.

A team that gets beat 1-0 off Lincoln Red Imps, a pub team from Gibraltar. Then gets beaten 7-0, away to Barcelona can NOT call themselves The Invincibles. I realise it was Barcelona they were playing, but surely The Invincibles should've got a draw at the very least? They even lost 0-2 at home to them. Then they had the chance in a lifetime to beat City, at the Etihad, when City fielded a team full of youngsters, and second, or third, choice players, as they had already qualified. They fucked that up as well. In fact The Invincibles were the Unwinnables! They never won a fucking game in the CL. I remember some of their supporters in the media saying that they might pinch 2nd place off City. They're known for their thieving, but they couldn't even pinch 3rd spot off BMG. They probably did as well as they could, but their deluded supporters thought they'd a chance of getting past the group stages. The Invincibles? They even stole that title off Arsenal, who this thread was actually about. 

Sorry for digressing here, I just got angrier, and angrier, the more I remembered those cunts bragging about their shitty Invincibles..???

I can't stand the other clubs in London. Lets take a look at them. 

1) Arsenal - All the history, but no character. Now known as the latte drinking London club for the middle classes to sit and applaud quietly. 

2) Chelsea - A club built for modern football. I can't knock their away crowed, but their home support and identity have been taken over by the plastics and tourists. Only Man United are ranked higher for day trippers

3) Spurs - Good old Tottenham. As a fanbase, they're caught in a delusion of success and what they're going to achieve and it seems it's a prerequisite to sniff glue before entering White Hart Lane/Wembley for that delusion to become part of the greater Spurs psyche

4) Millwall - Nothing but respect for this mob. Can't say I like them, but they're unchanged. Millwall will always be Millwall and a reminder to football of the past

5) West Ham United - My first love. Like Millwall but now removed from our home to play in a bowl. The same people over there though and very much the same atmosphere. You can take the club out of Upton Park... Success will never come, no matter where we play.

51 minutes ago, East London Loyal said:

1) Arsenal - All the history, but no character. Now known as the latte drinking London club for the middle classes to sit and applaud quietly. 

2) Chelsea - A club built for modern football. I can't knock their away crowed, but their home support and identity have been taken over by the plastics and tourists. Only Man United are ranked higher for day trippers

3) Spurs - Good old Tottenham. As a fanbase, they're caught in a delusion of success and what they're going to achieve and it seems it's a prerequisite to sniff glue before entering White Hart Lane/Wembley for that delusion to become part of the greater Spurs psyche

4) Millwall - Nothing but respect for this mob. Can't say I like them, but they're unchanged. Millwall will always be Millwall and a reminder to football of the past

5) West Ham United - My first love. Like Millwall but now removed from our home to play in a bowl. The same people over there though and very much the same atmosphere. You can take the club out of Upton Park... Success will never come, no matter where we play.

West Ham are gash and are followed by poverty ridden east enders who dodge soap

1 hour ago, East London Loyal said:

Pipe down.

You can enjoy your derby with Millwall next season. Small club, Big club mentality.

1 hour ago, East London Loyal said:

I've always liked Arsenal as a team but the majority of their fans are middle class roasters. 

That wee Ty cunt from AFTV sums them up.

2017-08-21-12-34-04-.jpg