Done n Dusted !

THEFISH

Kilmarnock manager Jim Jefferies has revealed that Rangers are closing in on striker Steven Naismith.

Rangers have had four bids for the 20-year-old turned down, but have renewed negotiations with the Ayrshire side.

Kilmarnock are believed to be looking for £2million in total for the Scotland international, with an initial fee of £1.5million and the rest made up of performance-related incentives.

And Jefferies now believes the Ibrox club are now close to meeting Killie's demands.

Jefferies told BBC Scotland: "In writing Rangers are a bit away but there's one or two 'verbals' going back and forward through a third party.

"And it seems they're not far away. But there's nothing official yet. Whether we ever get to that stage I don't know."

I'm not for spending that either but I will say this. Steven Naismith and Kevin Thomson for £3.8million or Scott Brown for £4.4million and £25k a week? I know who's getting the better deal. Thomson was rated a better player by Hibs fans, the media and John Collins before he fell out with Hibs over his transfer request. Steven Naismith will hurt teams more than Scott Brown.