Defence

bluewhitevanman

4 minutes ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

Of course not but blaming Cardoso for both goals is comical.

Cardoso had a fresh air swipe at first and had Griffiths in his sight for second but left him to McCrorie which for me was wrong , he should have tracked him or stepped up for offside. McCrorie can clearly be seen telling Cardoso to watch Griffiths before Roberts makes the pass. While i wouldn't hang Cardoso out to dry over old firm game it can't be ignored that his mistakes are adding up and imo he is no better than Kiernan or Wilson.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, the old guard said:

I think he's been poor all season mate, reminds me of Karl svensson, and he's 4 years older than mccrorie, I expected a lot more for our money. 

I agree; it is obvious he is poor in the air, abysmal in a tackle, cannot pass with anywhere near the correct weight or accuracy. All in all looks out of his depth even in our league.

5 minutes ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

This week's scapegoat?

Must be mate.

Hodson at the first goal for me and Foderingham shouldn't be getting beat at his near post for the second.

I'm one of these strange guys that doesn't need to blame every error on 1 player though.

1 minute ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

Must be mate.

Hodson at the first goal for me and Foderingham shouldn't be getting beat at his near post for the second.

I'm one of these strange guys that doesn't need to blame every error on 1 player though.

Let's be honest mate, Cardoso has been brutal since the Motherwell game.

5 hours ago, bluewhitevanman said:

Now that we have got the fenian cunts out the road would it be worth just going for something like 

tav.   Mcrorie. A. Wilson. John.  

Wallace and alves are our injured anyway and I think that could be not to bad a defence but ideally I would change tav but couldn't think of anyone else who could play there just now. I know I'm now in for some stick here but was thinking that would have been not to bad a defence going forward. I just don't know about cardoso now 

Can John not play on either side? If so I would play him on the right instead of the headless chicken that should be there but is invariably posted missing. 

7 minutes ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

Fair enough. Bit too much of a gamble IMO but I see your point.

Thing is it's getting to the stage that it doesn't matter if its a gamble because we seem to be fighting for second now. I just think they boys know what it means to play for us they 2 will have a buzz about starting as they've both had a wee taste of it plus they will give us way way more effort than some second rate Portuguese or Mexican players because that's what they are,  Alves aside obv 

Just now, will2203 said:

Can John not play on either side? If so I would play him on the right instead of the headless chicken that should be there but is invariably posted missing. 

Elton looks predominantly left footed mate although I'm sure someone could tell us different that he could play on the right. Tav is a knob I just don't like him at all. 

6 minutes ago, bluewhitevanman said:

Thing is it's getting to the stage that it doesn't matter if its a gamble because we seem to be fighting for second now. I just think they boys know what it means to play for us they 2 will have a buzz about starting as they've both had a wee taste of it plus they will give us way way more effort than some second rate Portuguese or Mexican players because that's what they are,  Alves aside obv 

Knowing what it means to play for us and having the ability to play for us are 2 different things though as we've found out several times.

A young and inexperienced pairing at centre half could make even 2nd out of reach for us of it backfired.

31 minutes ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

Knowing what it means to play for us and having the ability to play for us are 2 different things though as we've found out several times.

A young and inexperienced pairing at centre half could make even 2nd out of reach for us of it backfired.

Well mcrorie came through his old firm game as my man of the match and loads of ppl have said he was outstanding plus Wilson has played for us and did exceptionally well. They should be put in to get to know everything about the team and all the rest of it then we might get somewhere and while I'm at it I'd put barjonas in the team before that Pena as well. It's the spl not la liga and these 3 boys would do well in our team and it's about time we went with the youngsters and cut them some slack. Seriously out if all the ones we signed I'd have Morelos only in that team and possibly candeias. 

Alnwick 

Alves     wilson.     Mcrorie  

Candeias.  Jack.     Barjonas.  Beerman. 

Dorrans. 

Morelos.     Herrera.    

Id try something like this as these 3 youngsters of ours are just waiting to be played and see how we go. We need a change and we shouldn't be so defensive at home we should be ripping teams apart 

1 hour ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

Must be mate.

I agree with this. however where was Hodson for the second. 

10 minutes ago, Boybluesy said:

I agree with this. however where was Hodson for the second. 

The second was a cluster fuck.

Windass and Dorrans both going for the same ball and losing it.

The cellic players going past Hodson as if he wasn't there 

The thumb making a fairly basic run that Mcrorie didn't see and Cardosa didn't follow. 

Griffith then hits it straight at Fod who doesnt save it

1 minute ago, cushynumber said:

The second was a cluster fuck.

Windass and Dorrans both going for the same ball and losing it.

The cellic players going past Hodson as if he wasn't there 

The thumb making a fairly basic run that Mcrorie didn't see and Cardosa didn't follow. 

Griffith then hits it straight at Fod who doesnt save it

That's a fair sum up mate, although Hodsons our second choice right back playing as our third choice left back, should still have done better though, i think a proper centre back would and should have dealt with it. 

11 minutes ago, the old guard said:

That's a fair sum up mate, although Hodsons our second choice right back playing as our third choice left back, should still have done better though, i think a proper centre back would and should have dealt with it. 

the goal was a perfect example of how good celtic are at picking up loose balls in midfield, getting it to their wide players quickly and feeding their centre-forward. Aided and abetted by poor defending from us front to back

1 minute ago, cushynumber said:

the goal was a perfect example of how good celtic are at picking up loose balls in midfield, getting it to their wide players quickly and feeding their centre-forward. Aided and abetted by poor defending from us front to back

Agreed, they looked like they had 13 players at times, funny thing is I still think it's a very slight improvement on last year, when you consider we had 7 old firm debutants and 2 players starting there first ever games, with our captain and our most experienced defender out injured and our third or maybe fourth choice left back in hodson we were always up against it, yes they were far better than us but the reasons are there, we should have had a goal or two, so there not as far ahead as they think they are. 

4 hours ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

Why are we dropping Cardoso?

He is rank and has been since day one he just can't do the basics. He continually shows attakers inside (1st goal against Hibs) and doesn't track runners (2nd goal yesterday) he gets too close and concedes  needless free kicks in dangerous areas (Partick game) and isn't a commanding presence lacks height at stature ( check the size of every other teams centre backs) no better or worse than Danny Wilson !