Follow Rangers Shareholders Limited

Virtuoso

Just now, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Yes mate. It's about strength of a united voice and proxied share holding. I'd imagine in most scenarios if you voted against the tide as an individual you'd have the same outcome as if you'd voted against the tide within this proxied shareholding. But the benefits of supporting an action can be far more impactive if your vote is within a proxied shareholding (ie calling an egm) than if you have only your own shares and don't even get to vote on that matter.

That's as I see it and I ain't no expert.

I'm interested for the first time though tbh.

Seems pretty much exact same as C1872 in that sense then.

If the majority want to vote one way and you don't then you're fucked.

No offense to anyone trying to do better like this or C1872 and I applaud them trying to make it better but these groups are becoming much of a much and it's just what group you prefer. 

11 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

Seems pretty much exact same as C1872 in that sense then.

If the majority want to vote one way and you don't then you're fucked.

No offense to anyone trying to do better like this or C1872 and I applaud them trying to make it better but these groups are becoming much of a much and it's just what group you prefer. 

Who owns the shares in 1872?

51 minutes ago, NamibianBear said:

Don't care who is endorsing it or who is behind it.

Once bitten, twice shy.  Got bitten twice; RFFF and RF so a big fat 'no chance" from me.

So was I, amongst many others as were those behind the latest initiative. You can see why they won't let it happen again.

43 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Fair enough mate though it's about a consolidation and proxy of people retaining their own shares.

"While a condition of membership is that the proxy for any existing shares is signed to Follow Rangers Shareholders Limited, ownership of the existing shares will remain with the members. When new shares are purchased, they will be held by the Company and a database will be maintained reflecting the individual member’s contribution. Along with existing shares, voting rights for these shares will be given to Follow Rangers Shareholders Limited".

luckily, all I bought in RF was a life membership.  Every share I have bought so far is in my own name and will remain that way.

i really could not care less who or what is involved with any more fan's schemes.  In my eyes, I have seen 47 years of fan's groups come and go and NONE have ever been fit for purpose.  I really though RF was going to be different when it was inaugurated but time has shown that the people starting it up were just another bunch of self-serving wankers out for themselves only.

I know that this goes against the grain of most in here trusting VB but to me, it's just another closed clique of mates.

45 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

Does that mean you'd be giving away your voting rights? 

And if the group decided to vote for x and you wanted y you'd be fucked?

27 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Yes mate. It's about strength of a united voice and proxied share holding. I'd imagine in most scenarios if you voted against the tide as an individual you'd have the same outcome as if you'd voted against the tide within this proxied shareholding. But the benefits of supporting an action can be far more impactive if your vote is within a proxied shareholding (ie calling an egm) than if you have only your own shares and don't even get to vote on that matter.

That's as I see it and I ain't no expert.

I'm interested for the first time though tbh.

I've had a look at the FR site and that might not be the case.  In the FAQ it says:

"All Follow Rangers members will be encouraged to vote. We will poll our members and vote according on the results, i.e. if 70% vote for, 20% vote against and 10% don’t know, that is how the votes will be cast. This ensures everyone’s opinion is represented, not just the majority. Members will be informed of the results of all polls and ballots, both in % and numeric format, so everyone knows the full result."

So, whatever the FR poll results are will be reflected in how they vote at any AGM etc.  So, even if you are the only person who disagrees with the majority, your opinion will still count.  Hope that helps.

£90 to join a fans group. That's pretty fucking incredible.

Joining fee of £30 - payable on submission of application.

Annual minimum subscription of £60 - payable as a one-off, or on a 12-monthly bank Standing Order.

Yearly membership fee £12 - included in initial joining fee and payable thereafter on 23rd March 2019

11 minutes ago, The Dude said:

£90 to join a fans group. That's pretty fucking incredible.

Joining fee of £30 - payable on submission of application.

Annual minimum subscription of £60 - payable as a one-off, or on a 12-monthly bank Standing Order.

Yearly membership fee £12 - included in initial joining fee and payable thereafter on 23rd March 2019

It is and without going into the history of the RF a few points

- the constitution all looks good which is missing from a few

- the fees whilst transparent do not indicate what they are for? 500 people join and suddenly you have 6k coming in annually. Is this for costs of the limited company?

- The guy behind it...in the interests of transparency he should have stuck his head above the parapet to say why he has done this and what role he will play moving forward.

2 minutes ago, gj923 said:

It is and without going into the history of the RF a few points

- the constitution all looks good which is missing from a few

- the fees whilst transparent do not indicate what they are for? 500 people join and suddenly you have 6k coming in annually. Is this for costs of the limited company?

- The guy behind it...in the interests of transparency he should have stuck his head above the parapet to say why he has done this and what role he will play moving forward.

I dunno much about this. I know folk talked about a more representative (non-board) fans group. But this is the first I have seen of the actual vehicle.

I don't think there is one guy behind it, though th eguy listed in the limited coy, I assume just in the interim for company set-up, is unfortunately banned on here.

1 hour ago, gj923 said:

The guy behind it...in the interests of transparency he should have stuck his head above the parapet to say why he has done this and what role he will play moving forward.

The guy is widely known and has already been named on this thread. The ltd company is in his name, he couldn't be anymore transparent.

Just now, thehost said:

I dunno much about this. I know folk talked about a more representative (non-board) fans group. But this is the first I have seen of the actual vehicle.

I don't think there is one guy behind it, though th eguy listed in the limited coy, I assume just in the interim for company set-up, is unfortunately banned on here.

It looks good on paper - its just that this will probably be peoples questions so putting that also on the website would maybe help

Just now, Virtuoso said:

The guy is widely known and has already been named on this thread. The ltd company is in his name, he couldn't be anymore transparent.

I know the limited company is in his name the point I was making was that not everyone knows him. I am not criticising him or the proposed vehicle

3 hours ago, NamibianBear said:

Don't care who is endorsing it or who is behind it.

Once bitten, twice shy.  Got bitten twice; RFFF and RF so a big fat 'no chance" from me.

Would you trust me if I told you this is exactly the type of group we've been needing mate?

I'm joining, as any shares I buy will be in my name forever.

Please read the information NB and at least give it a chance.

It WILL be a success FOR THE FANS.