McCrorie pulls out of the Scotland U21 tournament

Virtuoso

13 minutes ago, TheMotor said:

Nah, he has had a bit by "real life" standards. By internet standards, nothing serious.

For some reason, everything on here is hyperbole. Way of the world, I guess.

It doesn't seem to be possible to say, "thought he looked a bit weak at cb, gets caught out of position, might grow into the role but much better at cm for now."

It has to be, "He's shite, never a cb, sick of saying it."

Even that last bit i would hardly class as abuse tbh.

The amount of mistakes he has made at CB would see other players absolutely slaughtered imo.

2 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

Even that last bit i would hardly class as abuse tbh.

The amount of mistakes he has made at CB would see other players absolutely slaughtered imo.

Ah, it's just different standards for different people, I suppose, on what constitutes abuse. I'm probably just a bit airy-fairy and old school. I don't like to describe players as "shite" until they reach Jeffers or Sebo levels of incompetence over a prolonged period (even then I liked Sebo for the effort).

I agree with the second line of your original post though. I think most supporters have a positive attitude to McCrorie and see the potential. Seems to have a great attitude.

1 hour ago, TheMotor said:

Ah, it's just different standards for different people, I suppose, on what constitutes abuse. I'm probably just a bit airy-fairy and old school. I don't like to describe players as "shite" until they reach Jeffers or Sebo levels of incompetence over a prolonged period (even then I liked Sebo for the effort).

I agree with the second line of your original post though. I think most supporters have a positive attitude to McCrorie and see the potential. Seems to have a great attitude.

I think he has a lot of potential but is really rash and lacks positional sense when playing in his supposed position of CB.

In midfield he is a good ball winner but needs to work on his distribution if he is to take his game to another level and be there permanently in a title challenging team.

People are getting ahead of themselves by tipping him for captain but i think he should concentrate on his game without the extra responsibility of the captaincy.