Hummel gear RFC crest

boyd09

1 minute ago, BarclayClansmen said:

They do indeed pay to have their logo on the shirt. We agree on something. They don’t make the shirt, they don’t receive income of shirt sales. They receive advertisement through media and association with the club, that’s what they pay their money for. 

‘I’m in a minority that wants a shirt without a sponsor, my money is here waiting if the club want it. If not it’s a missed opportunity as I’m sure there are thousands who would buy one still. If I were not such a fat c*nt, I’d buy a kids top as they don’t have the sponsor on. 

We have a winner...

2 minutes ago, BarclayClansmen said:

Who knows how big or small this minority is? Could be a ‘winner’ for the club

The bigger the minority the less a shirt sponsor will be willing to pay. I guess you don't really understand how merchandising and sponsorship work? It wouldn't be a 'winner' for the club in any way. 

1 minute ago, RFC Eagle said:

The bigger the minority the less a shirt sponsor will be willing to pay. I guess you don't really understand how merchandising and sponsorship work? It wouldn't be a 'winner' for the club in any way. 

That's a good few of us appear not to understand quite as much as our new poster does ....:justno:

1 minute ago, BarclayClansmen said:

As people have a choice and can buy either, shirt sales would still be gaurenteed. Infact, shirt sales would increase.

And for the privilege of that option sponsorship would decrease dramatically. In excess of any profit from uptake in non logo strip sales.

Which is why it's not done anywhere.

It's not even about sales, it's about profit and revenue. Is it really that difficult for you....?

Just now, BarclayClansmen said:

Sponsors don’t get a portion of shirt sales. Manufacturers and the club get those goodies. Sponsors pay to have their logo associated with the club in the media etc. 

Who are you quoting that suggests sponsors get a portion of shirt sales?

Should I explain to you how to quote too?

15 minutes ago, BarclayClansmen said:

Sponsors don’t get a portion of shirt sales. Manufacturers and the club get those goodies. Sponsors pay to have their logo associated with the club in the media etc. 

They pay an amount based on the number of shirts, with their, logo that are sold. Less shirts with their logo means less sponsorship. 

How much per shirt do you think we earn and how many shirts do you think we sell?

44 minutes ago, BarclayClansmen said:

You may have a point but apart from some self serving communist wanker I fail to see what it is. We will keep the revenue thanks, like every other club in the world does, your "radical" idea may just be a tad too stupid for most.