Loan Manager

JCDBigBear

I think loans will be fundamental to the club for the foreseeable future. We can say to clubs and players who are thinking of coming to us (and there clubs) that we have a dedicated loan manager in place with a dedicated structure of feedback to the parent club - that its not all a bit ad hoc and there is a formal process of assessment and feedback in place.

Its a  professional., modern approach to the situation

2 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

I think loans will be fundamental to the club for the foreseeable future. We can say to clubs and players who are thinking of coming to us (and there clubs) that we have a dedicated loan manager in place with a dedicated structure of feedback to the parent club - that its not all a bit ad hoc and there is a formal process of assessment and feedback in place.

Its a  professional., modern approach to the situation

As I stated in my opening post I thought it would be OK if we utilised an existing employee which I have now found out that is what we have done.   I do however wonder if it isn't a post partially created to accommodate Billy Kirkwood after Murty returned to his old job.  I have no problem with Kirkwood.

5 minutes ago, JCDBigBear said:

As I stated in my opening post I thought it would be OK if we utilised an existing employee which I have now found out that is what we have done.   I do however wonder if it isn't a post partially created to accommodate Billy Kirkwood after Murty returned to his old job.  I have no problem with Kirkwood.

That would be poor if that's the case. That would be the opposite of a "professional, modern approach".

1 hour ago, cushynumber said:

The loan manager's role is to keep track of players we have out on loan; not players we bring in on loan.