Lost A Generation

BridgeIsBlue

Don't give a fuck what my wain wants. Will be going to Ibrox and told no if there's any desire to choose some shite, soulless EPL outfit as the main club. It's a family matter.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

9 years without a trophy in a time when social media has sky rocketed and has brought every top league and player in Scotland right into the 24/7 attention of FIFA obsessed kids, in that time there was a fan led boycott on Rangers merch, thousands of parents refusing to buy Rangers strips for kids and substiting them with Liverpool/Chelsea/Man City/Barca/Real strips, it's no wonder we've lost a generation.

You go into the town or a shopping center or even a gym and you see cunts in tim gear, not everyone obviously but a far higher percentage than Rangers merch, they have a massive presence in every district now and ours is minimalising every year, my boy only wears his Rangers tops to games, when he's out with his pals he'd rather wear a Liverpool or Barca strip, there's zero oride in Rangers and the boycott played a huge part in that, we neglected the future to prove a point in the present and some might feel that was the right thing to do and others vice versa, time was always going to be the telling factor and I think we fucked it up., my daughter couldn't give a monkey's about Rangers, the only reason she was happy on the 29th of December was because I told her if we won she'd get the price of the match ticket.

I've got a pretty good collection of Rangers stuff, I've got a genuine match worn 9IAR top framed, got a signed match worn McCoist top, boots, pendants, autograohs, some medals etc, enough to have a bedroom sized mini museum, my boy isn't interested at all and I can't blame him, there's nothing to hook him, I was hoping we'd win the League and Morelos would be his first hero but even that doesn't hook him, you talk about Morelos amd he instantly drifts awag to Mane, Salah and Friminho.

I don't know how we get this generation back and if we're not careful we'll lose another generatuon, all the while that mob are growing and growing.

Archived