Lost A Generation

BridgeIsBlue

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 hours ago, King Jela said:

It feels like it but it always does when they're winning. We never lost a generation when they first won 9IAR so why would it be different now? 

Modern football mate, when I was young  football was the only show in town  and it was Rangers for me, now its internet, gaming , social media etc. Football is now 24 / 7 with constant live matches ramming the very best of football down your throat, too many choices now and too many top level teams to indulge your interest if thats yer bag.

8 hours ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Personally I've laughed and scoffed at this remark before but now can you honestly say anything different? 

My old man's seen them dominating the game up here through the 60s,I've been in the fortunate position to have lived through Walter wiping the floor with those cunts, but my wee brother who's not long turned 18 was 10 years old the last time he's seen us win a title. 

Whether you want to admit it or not, the way things are going atm those bastards are going to get 55 before us never mind fucking 10 in a row, it's disgusting. 

2 oldest are 21 they can’t really remember us winning things regularly, 2 youngest are 15 they have never known what’s it like to win things. 
I will give them their due they are all as die hard as me, but it’s all they have known we don’t win things any more they just except it. 
That for me the worst part of this clusterfuck we have a generation of Bears that believe we can’t win anything, we have become the same as the rest and even they pop up now and again with a cup win. 

This is the sort of Shite you hear from tarriers tbh and its a lot of fucking nonsense 

Teams win trophies and you see the tops of that team, and let's not forget the nonsense we have had to deal with regarding strips for the last so many years. 

If you can't convince your son or daughter to follow the Rangers like you and your famy have done through the good and bad times then you have fucking failed as a Rangers fan and as a parent imo. 

When we’re winning the crowds will be out in force it’s always the same.  Parkhead was empty for years when we were doing the 9 and it seemed like everyone in Glasgow was a Rangers fan.  Once they started winning out of the woodwork they came.  I suspect some just support whatever one is winning TBH.  

Visited Dublin on a stag do about 13 years ago. Amazed at how many weans were supporting Chelsea, weans who would have come from a Man U or Livepool (or even Them) background. Like it or not, weans like to support a winning team.  Not saying kids from a Rangers minded family will end up supporting them, but we certainly risk losing them as die hard supporters if we don't give them something to be proud of on the pitch. 

We’re losing a generation but it’s not because we’ve been unsuccessful. It’s because a generation of kids primarily interact with football through games and the internet so - like everything on those platforms - their tastes are shaped globally not locally. It would be one thing if young lads were flooding over to celtic but they aren’t. It’s Man City, Barcelona, or just supporting no team at all that we’re losing them to. 

I think footballs changed as the EPL more popular because of the quality players teams can buy, in Scotland we do have cloggers.

I prefer to watch a Scottish game to any of the Epl stuff.

3 hours ago, Zappa6995 said:

Modern football mate, when I was young  football was the only show in town  and it was Rangers for me, now its internet, gaming , social media etc. Football is now 24 / 7 with constant live matches ramming the very best of football down your throat, to many choices now and too many top level teams to indulge your interest if thats yer bag.

Aberdeen fans filled Parkhead back in 2014 to see them lift their first trophy in fuck knows how long. 60,000 Aberdeen fans! Point is if Aberdeen can find 60,000 to take with them to a cup final I imagine we'll be okay for a while yet. Believe it or not Europe is a bonus for keeping fans interested, especially over the last 2 seasons.

11 hours ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

I was brought up on the knowledge that teams come and go, we have our time in the sun they'll have theirs, that's just the way it is. 

But what's happened over the last few years has been nothing but an absolute capitulation, from our board right down to the players, it's fucking disgraceful. 

Spot on, yep they surrendered, minty started it but and those who are still there have continued in the same vein, the attack and dilution on the Rangers culture has been relentless since murray’s capitulation. They don’t need to try hard it’s all self inflicted now, no fight just vomit inducing bridge building and toothless statements.  Raging Mad Loyal.😡😡

11 minutes ago, King Jela said:

Aberdeen fans filled Parkhead back in 2014 to see them lift their first trophy in fuck knows how long. 60,000 Aberdeen fans! Point is if Aberdeen can find 60,000 to take with them to a cup final I imagine we'll be okay for a while yet. Believe it or not Europe is a bonus for keeping fans interested, especially over the last 2 seasons.

Most teams will be able to muster a big turn out for a cup final - but they are not die hard supporters. I wonder how many fans Aberdeen took to Paisley the last time they played St Mirren on a mid week game? 

12 hours ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Personally I've laughed and scoffed at this remark before but now can you honestly say anything different? 

My old man's seen them dominating the game up here through the 60s,I've been in the fortunate position to have lived through Walter wiping the floor with those cunts, but my wee brother who's not long turned 18 was 10 years old the last time he's seen us win a title. 

Whether you want to admit it or not, the way things are going atm those bastards are going to get 55 before us never mind fucking 10 in a row, it's disgusting. 

Lot of shite!

My Nephew's are 7 and 11, both never attended a match until we were in the lower divisions, have never seen us win a league title and both know every song we sing, know who we play weeks in advance, know all about our players and back room staff.

A winning team will inevitably draw in new fans but to say weve lost a generation is rubbish!

3 hours ago, Ladytonbear said:

Most teams will be able to muster a big turn out for a cup final - but they are not die hard supporters. I wonder how many fans Aberdeen took to Paisley the last time they played St Mirren on a mid week game? 

We've got a support 10 times the size of Aberdeen though, probably more when you compare 'die hard' supporters. A long way to go before we're in that bad a situation.

I do sense there is a group of young posters on RM who have never experienced a winning Rangers team with what I read from time to time. We owe them 55 more than anything to get that winning mentality back throughout all supporters.

Archived