Kris Boyd

papaguy51

The end to last season/start of this season has proved to me more and more that my opinion of Boyd really is realistic. No passion, desire, skill, determination OR goals!

Can the Boyd backers not see that when he doesn't score, he's totally useless. Beyond useless in fact. I would really like to see him dropped for a few games, as he comes across to me that he thinks he's totally indespensible.

And don't post back saying the usual 'Oh he scores 30 goals a season'..I accept that, but against who? Motherwell and St Mirren? One goal against Celtic means nothing to me as yet. And kindly tell me that any other of our strikers wouldn't score a vast amount of the 2-6 yard tap in's that make up the majority of Boydy's goals? Please.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"And kindly tell me that any other of our strikers wouldn't score a vast amount of the 2-6 yard tap in's that make up the majority of Boydy's goals? Please."

sorry but this statement is rubbish m8,if any of the strikers weve had in the last 5 years actually could put the ball in the net from 2-6 yards we'd probably be 4 in a row the noo :)

agreed on boyd though,if hes not scoring hes a liability but how many strikers in the world can score consistantly every game they play,not many or none,so weve got to take the rough with the smooth,do u drop him and lose goals that no-one else will score or do we play him and play with 1 man down :( decisions decisions

none of our other strikers last season were scoring the goals you talk about.

Boyd is off form in pre-season, and perhaps towards the end of last season too, if he continues in this vein he wont last long, it's up to the other strikers to stake their claim when they get the chance, nobody could do this last season so Boyd remained as he was the only player scoring.

I say bench him for the next game and play 2 up front. If we haven't scored by half-time then bring him on.

No other strikers can stake their claim if only 1 is played up front and Boyd has the monopoly on that spot.

sorry but this statement is rubbish m8,if any of the strikers weve had in the last 5 years actually could put the ball in the net from 2-6 yards we'd probably be 4 in a row the noo :)

I don't agree with that at all.

When Novo doesn't score for 2 or 3 games, he's benched for god knows how long. When Boyd doesn't score, for some reason he keeps getting his game. This is where the problem starts. Even when Novo isn't scoring, he contributes a hell of a lot more than Boyd does.

And are you trying to say Dado couldn't put the ball in from 2-6 yards?

I'm sorry mate, i see your point of view, but i disagree with it.

Boyd is a part of our team,he plays his part very well. We need a penalty box striker that will get himself into those positions to score 'tap ins'. Someone that will guaruntee us 30 goals a season.

I think it was Hately that said, when Boyds playing its like playing with 1 man less but having a 1 goal lead.

We have workers in our team that do their job, Boyd is there to score goals. He isnt the type of player to make sprints down the wing and link up with players all over the park. thats not his job.

Its like when everyone slates Buffel for not charging into tackles and he isnt physical enough. Thats not his game!

Boyd is a goalscorer, and IMO every succesful team needs someone like him in there

I don't agree with that at all.

When Novo doesn't score for 2 or 3 games, he's benched for god knows how long. When Boyd doesn't score, for some reason he keeps getting his game. This is where the problem starts. Even when Novo isn't scoring, he contributes a hell of a lot more than Boyd does.

And are you trying to say Dado couldn't put the ball in from 2-6 yards?

dado played regularly for his time here, he didn't score an awful lot of goals, this had nothing to do with whether or not Boyd was on the pitch

did dado at anytime throughout his gers carreer score 30 goals per season? has novo at anytime scored 30 goals a season?

the point i was trying to make was you said that the rest of our strikers could put in the goals boyd does from 2-6 yards,well obviously they cant m8,actions speak louder than words.

did dado at anytime throughout his gers carreer score 30 goals per season? has novo at anytime scored 30 goals a season?

the point i was trying to make was you said that most the rest of our strikers could put in the goals boyd does from 2-6 yards,well obviously they cant m8,actions speak louder than words.

maybe they would score that many if they hung around the goal mouth and did not much else, but then they'd just be doing what boyd does so there'd be no difference :lol:

if thats what it takes m8 :)

any good striker will tell you the same,the poachers instinct,boyds got it,mccoist had it

id rather see our strikers in the right place to score them in the first place,and thats what boyd does,fair enough others contribute more to the overall game but boyd does what hes paid for and is good at it

the whole team needs to contribute goals, if you only depend on one or two main players to score then if they do go through a lean spell (as all strikers do at some point) the team is fecked

boyd has to understand he is not indispensable, but then so do all players in the squad (and i include the skipper in this), we are rangers no a one man band team

Ok, where do I start...

LaudrupRFC - 'I think it was Hately that said, when Boyds playing its like playing with 1 man less but having a 1 goal lead.'

Crock of shite. It's clearly not. When he doesn't score (which is a hell of a lot lately), it's simply playing with 1 man less. If he's gaurenteed to score every game, I'd agree. But he's not, and more likely to not score against half decent opposition.

BB and Exile.. Am I the only one that realises that when Boyd is played up front in a two, he always scores more than his strike partner? No, but I think I know the main reason, eg he scored a lot more than Prso when playing along side him, but Dado is 100 times the footballer Boyd will ever be.

Boyd's striker partners spend too much time setting goals up on a plate for him, rather than doing what they do best. Novo and Prso were always out on the wings trying to set up Boyd as they knew Boyd would never / could never return the favour.

I think back to as recent as the Novo/Prso partnership and how much more dynamic (and successful) that was, due to the fact that they worked hard for each other and tried to bring each other (and other players in the team) into play in the final third of the field.

Could argue with you all day long about this lads if I wasn't working soon.

good point but im sure you'll agree,a strikers job is to score goals ? :)

Yep, it's not a strikers job to be doing two peoples worth of work outside and around the box, which is exactly what any strike partner of Boyd's has to do.

when Boyd is given chances he scores. Ok there might be games like the other night where he misses a couple of chances, but more often than not he will do the job.

People say his record against better teams is poor.... i say that's not because he isn't doing his job, but it is because the rest of the team are not doing their job in providing him with chances, there has been countless threads on here bemoaning our lack of creation, for a poacher like Boyd to have such a good record of scoring in a team that is lacking creativity is a testament itself as to just how good he is at doing the job of sticking the ball in the net.

Boyd gets made a scapegoat when we aren't scoring many goals, but it's not his job to create, it's his job to score.

You get players like Henry who create goals and score goals, but not many players come into this category. An example of a more Boyd like player is Ruud Van Nistelrooy, he didn't do much outside the box and probably only had about 2 assists in his entire man utd career, but nobody complained about him because they knew what they were getting. I wont deny Ruud does more outside the box than Boyd does, but for £400k what do you expect?

think you'll find that only reason nova and prso set goals up for boyd was that they were played out of position,but even when played IN position they still didnt have the poachers instinct to put the ball away as regularly as boyd

Is that poachers instinct, or total laziness to not run back and help the team by defending from the front?

Oh, and for £400k...my main problem with Boyd is his apparent lack of interest now, compared to when we signed him. Appeared to be much fitter and hungrier when we signed him, and I had no problem at all with him then.

You could get a 24 year old Henrik Larsson for £600k remember ;)

I can't believe Boyd gets criticised for scoring against St Mirren and Motherwell.

Fans were determined he scored against Celtic last season. He done that. Now..."It's only one goal against the mhanks" So fucking what?

I couldn't give a shit if Boyd never scored against the mhanks ever again and comes away with 30 goals a season against the other teams.

I just don't understand the arguement. Boyd scores but he isn't doing enough work. Boyd, against Zeta, starts closing down defenders and has ALWAYS made runs (lack of creativity in midfield doesn't do him any favours) but scores less.

You aren't going to get a 30 goals a season striker when he is asked to track back, run out of position and pressurise the opposition.

There are 9 other players to trackback and put pressure on the opponents.

Played for Rangers for 18months scored 48 goals I believe, strike ratio of less than 1 in 2 games.

That is umunst the very best anywhere, if not the best, but hey he's lazy, doesnt do anything other than score and cant do what christiano ronaldo does so he must be shite.

FFS get a grip and get behind the boy , he had a bad miss on Tuesday and two others that were unlucky, maybe should have scored after 9 secs, but lets all crusify him, he hasnt scored in 3 games

I can't believe Boyd gets criticised for scoring against St Mirren and Motherwell.

You all want to be in the Champions League last 16 every season..we'll need a better striker than Kris Boyd to do that.

That is umunst the very best anywhere, if not the best, but hey he's lazy, doesnt do anything other than score and cant do what christiano ronaldo does so he must be shite.

If you think Boydy is the man to take Rangers to the 'next level', so be it.

I'm just glad you're not our scout.

You all want to be in the Champions League last 16 every season..we'll need a better striker than Kris Boyd to do that.

no we don't, we need better players to give him half a chance of scoring against these teams

@ wronglypenalised,good point but im sure you'll agree,a strikers job is to score goals ? :)

don't think its as black and white as that, granted a strikers goal is to score, but its the object of the game to score more goals than the opposition, moreover it is a team game, ergo team needs to score more goals than the oppo

nowadays with the ever increasing one man up top formation so loathed by myself, it is also the strikers job to hold up the ball to include supporting play from team mates, something young boydy still has to work on (he freely admits to this, yet a year and a half later how much has he progressed on that aspect, think of how many needless fouls he gives away by clumsily backing into defenders etc) if as another poster pointed out novo dropped his workrate to boyds level do you think he'd be still in the team?

don't want to continue appearing like i don't like boyd, far from it i'll cheer just as loud as anyone for him when he's playing, but just want him to realise that we've been around long before he was here and will be long after he's gone, he justs needs to up his all round play to assist the team in getting more goals, trophies etc :pipegreen: