Tavernier

Davy Vandenbroucke

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think it has anything to do with closed doors, he has matured and has a great team behind him now which was lacking in previous seasons. It has taken him a while to grow, but he has done it. Same with SG. His 3 year plan has came to fruition and we as fans are now reaping the benefits....long may this continue. 

1 hour ago, 16BlueSherbert90 said:

I don't think it has anything to do with closed doors, he has matured and has a great team behind him now which was lacking in previous seasons. It has taken him a while to grow, but he has done it. Same with SG. His 3 year plan has came to fruition and we as fans are now reaping the benefits....long may this continue. 

I'm not aware of any 3 year plan Gerrard had. He signed his initial 4 year deal in summer of 2018, I'd have thought he expected to get 4 years to succeed. Its us the fans who have boxed it into 3 years as this is the potential scum 10iar year. Though obviously some wanted Gerrard gone much earlier in his tenure. 

As you say,long may it continue with many successes delivered. 👍

Well taken goal tonight, great technique, and another solid display. Did I pick up right from the comms team that he is on course to break his own record of most goals by a Rangers defender in one season? Currently 15 and on 14 now I think? Remarkable if true.

On 26/11/2020 at 12:12, 16BlueSherbert90 said:

Of course closed doors has helped him, its likely helped a fair few players, they'll always be pressure but having that pressure mere yards away in the stands is different, 

Not having fans literally breathing down your neck is a help

Just now, Jimbeamjunior said:

Of course closed doors has helped him, its likely helped a fair few players, they'll always be pressure but having that pressure mere yards away in the stands is different, 

Not having fans literally breathing down your neck is a help

Having a bench that doesn't dilute your first 11 whenever you make a sub helps too. That's the main difference for us this season imo.

Fans egging you on and rocking the stadium helps too. I don't think we would have lost 2 goals on Thursday if our fans were there.

Every team is in the same boat and players are under different pressures now. Tavs and the team will have a very limited social life due to the restrictions. If anything I think that has helped our team bond more.

Tavs is peaking now, I don't care if anyone thinks it's because of lack of fans. When was the last time a right back was top goal scorer in the league in (soon to be) December?

If anyone devesrves to lead us to 55 it is Tavs. 

2 minutes ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

Having a bench that doesn't dilute your first 11 whenever you make a sub helps too. That's the main difference for us this season imo.

Fans egging you on and rocking the stadium helps too. I don't think we would have lost 2 goals on Thursday if our fans were there.

Every team is in the same boat and players are under different pressures now. Tavs and the team will have a very limited social life due to the restrictions. If anything I think that has helped our team bond more.

Tavs is peaking now, I don't care if anyone thinks it's because of lack of fans. When was the last time a right back was top goal scorer in the league in (soon to be) December?

If anyone devesrves to lead us to 55 it is Tavs. 

The bench isnt really much to do with the players mentality on the park though, fans might egg the players on and rock the stadium in Europe, but lets not kid ourselves its like that at home in league games, the home league fans are generally restless and impatient until we go two or three up, and that will definitely transfer to the players 

As for the top scorer part, its a bit misleading given he's scored something like 6 penalties, he's defo chipped in a lot this season, no question but theres a wee bit of cockiness creeping into our general fanbase the now which imo needs tempered until we win stuff

Remember it was only 8months ago that Hamilton beat us at ibrox, tav telling the world we are shitebags, we were fearing a doing at ibrox off the tarriers and gerrard maybe fucking off before the summer,

2 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

The bench isnt really much to do with the players mentality on the park though, fans might egg the players on and rock the stadium in Europe, but lets not kid ourselves its like that at home in league games, the home league fans are generally restless and impatient until we go two or three up, and that will definitely transfer to the players 

As for the top scorer part, its a bit misleading given he's scored something like 6 penalties, he's defo chipped in a lot this season, no question but theres a wee bit of cockiness creeping into our general fanbase the now which imo needs tempered until we win stuff

Remember it was only 8months ago that Hamilton beat us at ibrox, tav telling the world we are shitebags, we were fearing a doing at ibrox off the tarriers and gerrard maybe fucking off before the summer,

Is our bench better than last year? Clearly is!

Will you be calling this the Covid title when we win it? 

So negative Jim. 

2 minutes ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

Is our bench better than last year? Clearly is!

Will you be calling this the Covid title when we win it? 

So negative Jim. 

Is our bench better, at times yes, thursday it wasnt, not by a long shot, 

Why would i call it the covid title? 

And its not negative, its cooling my emotions given what we've watched this team do twice in the last two seasons pot xmas

If memory serves me right, this point last season we had dropped one point more in the league and that was due to an OF loss, if we had a team that had regular cup or league winners, guys who know how to see competitions out, id be a helluva lot more vocal about gloating and stuff, but aside from shagger and davis we don't have many past winners in the team, and until they do that fear will always be on my mind 

Archived