FIFA 23

G.E.C.

22 hours ago, McEwan's Lager said:

I beat a guy 5-4 last night and he scored all four and he hadn't even bothered to change the LM to ST. 

The Deulofeu inform I have is insane but with 2 more finishing stats that card is unreal. 

Debut hat-trick and could've been 5 or 6 if I didn't miss a few sitters. Was so easy to get space in the box with his dribbling.

8 minutes ago, lidorfc said:

Debut hat-trick and could've been 5 or 6 if I didn't miss a few sitters. Was so easy to get space in the box with his dribbling.

He's insane. Got belted 6-0 off a guy last night and he scored a few. Getting really sick of him :lol:

First time I've also come across Davor Suker in a game too - even last year don't think I played against him. Won 5-4 but Suker scored 4, couldn't get near him.

Made the finals of the weekend league but didn't have time to play that many games so rewards were shite. Best I got was the player pick, Sorloth from Sociedad (84). Might try and build a 2nd gold team with La Liga/French/Ligue 1 players. Got ROTK Terrier, TOTW Clauss, Sorthloth and Danjuma to build around. Getting constant untradeable TOTW players this year, just never the ones I want! Got that Sikan twice, then got a fucking loan version as well. 

40 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

He's insane. Got belted 6-0 off a guy last night and he scored a few. Getting really sick of him :lol:

First time I've also come across Davor Suker in a game too - even last year don't think I played against him. Won 5-4 but Suker scored 4, couldn't get near him.

Nkunku I've noticed is quite difficult to defend against, just put 4 past me. The odd tanking has started now that I'm out of the low divisions, take me back man :lol: 

3 minutes ago, lidorfc said:

Nkunku I've noticed is quite difficult to defend against, just put 4 past me. The odd tanking has started now that I'm out of the low divisions, take me back man :lol: 

The various Nkunku cards last year were unplayable but I don't think I've come across him yet. 

Aye it's getting more difficult. I'm only in Div 7 too. Some guy last night scored a free kick from about 40 yards out with the normal Rashford card last night. I was raging :lol: 

2 hours ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Copped a couple of tankings last night which was a bit grim. 

Does anyone know if you can limit your matches to just single players too in rivals? I've matched a couple of times now with co-op players and the games have been a farce.

You could in 22, in the main rivals page there's a button to press that brings up your matchmaking preference, sure it was auto set to solo though 

2 hours ago, lidorfc said:

Made the finals of the weekend league but didn't have time to play that many games so rewards were shite. Best I got was the player pick, Sorloth from Sociedad (84). Might try and build a 2nd gold team with La Liga/French/Ligue 1 players. Got ROTK Terrier, TOTW Clauss, Sorthloth and Danjuma to build around. Getting constant untradeable TOTW players this year, just never the ones I want! Got that Sikan twice, then got a fucking loan version as well. 

At least its totw your getting, eventually sbc's will drop that require them, and if last season is anything to go by they end scarce for a couple months

1 hour ago, lidorfc said:

I had a run again yesterday where the matchmaking just ripped the cunt out of me, constant teams with all high 80's players, while im still running mid 80's in places lol

Raging i never did the kessie sbc now, landed his gold card last night and he's a beast at cdm

7 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

You could in 22, in the main rivals page there's a button to press that brings up your matchmaking preference, sure it was auto set to solo though 

I'll have a look later on.

Every one I've played against a co-op team has had connection issues, or people scoring own goals deliberately and quitting, or the other night I was about to go 2-1 up from a penalty and just before it went in one of the guys quit and it ended the game.

1 hour ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

I had a run again yesterday where the matchmaking just ripped the cunt out of me, constant teams with all high 80's players, while im still running mid 80's in places lol

Raging i never did the kessie sbc now, landed his gold card last night and he's a beast at cdm

I was still running a 77 cb (Teze) until this morning 😂 you can't just rely on pace for a cb when you're up against players like Messi and Haaland. Replaced him with De Ligt and feel more solid since. Just need a better lb, probably try and do that Goosens (84) objective.

Had the rulebreakers Kessie last year, fucking incredible card.

2 hours ago, lidorfc said:

I was still running a 77 cb (Teze) until this morning 😂 you can't just rely on pace for a cb when you're up against players like Messi and Haaland. Replaced him with De Ligt and feel more solid since. Just need a better lb, probably try and do that Goosens (84) objective.

Had the rulebreakers Kessie last year, fucking incredible card.

I did the goosens one, fully intending on using him, when i got him, the pack that came with it gave me Robertson, fucking typical lol, 

Im annoyed my two best keepers are german league, but shit nationality, getting chem with them is bollocks so cant really use them

7 hours ago, McEwan's Lager said:

I'll have a look later on.

Every one I've played against a co-op team has had connection issues, or people scoring own goals deliberately and quitting, or the other night I was about to go 2-1 up from a penalty and just before it went in one of the guys quit and it ended the game.

Press l2 on the UT screen and it will let you choose. 

1 hour ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Cheers.

Think I'm going to turn off cross play too. Had nothing but hassle against PC players too. I assume they are the ones with the screen and the wee controller icon?

On ps5 any cross okay shows as the same icon for some reason but it isn't always pc players. 

1 hour ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Enjoying this team, striker aside. Only played 3 games with him but struggling, although I think he’s scored in every game

6B0A0C24-6FCA-42A9-8B61-243DD6879827.png

How are you starting that for chem?, 

Nice team though mate. 

I have the striker as a sub and he bullies teams late on. 

1 hour ago, Straight-Edge-Loyal said:

On ps5 any cross okay shows as the same icon for some reason but it isn't always pc players. 

Ah ok. I've had quite a few issues with a few. Not sure if its a connection issue or a lag or something but weird things going on.

Got absolutely pumped tonight by one full of PL fodder where their players were lightning with everything, passing, sprinting, tackling and mine were on a go slow. Got out my half once. They got three penalties that were just for random collisions in the box and every single one my keeper dived the opposite way where I pointed :lol: 

1 hour ago, Straight-Edge-Loyal said:

I just hit div 3 earlier and my 3 games have all been against pros. 

Do you play with a schedule to max rewards?

Not that I really have the time or desire to do it but I'm curious.

For example it seems to me the best option is on a Sunday/Monday play through Squad Battles and try and hit 30 games at WC with your 5 goals / 10 shots per target to at least get Elite 1 rewards, then thrash Rivals to make Champions?