darcheville

sebo

boyd

gow

novo

djeziri

and mcculloch

lets hear your thoughts

well to start with, Djzeri w/e his name is sont pish for a first-team place i dont think anyone will come from him as with most of our Loan signing with exception to a couple.... Next is Gow and McCullloch, very rarely will these 2 play up front unless a rotation is made and Boyd is subbed and say Novo comes on and maybe one of them wud push up but apart from that they will be Midfield or Attack Midfield oriented, thats leaves Sebo/Darcheville/Boyd/Cousins, now i think some of these guys can compliment each other as a 2 man frontline Boyd/Cousins seem similar type of players but i feel like Cousins will be more comfortable on the ball but of course that remains to be seen as his Debut is imminent! Darcheville and Sebo r runners which balls can be played thru defences for them to latch onto with Darcheville obv gonna be the more 1st chance than the other, so in hindsight, i thik the number of strikers at the club is fine at the moment, i think we have enough all we need is for them to perform well on the pitch and score the goals, Novo i think shud be our new right winger, the wee man alwasy gives u a good shift especially coming from the bench.

welcome to the forum bob :)

Anyway, striker crisis maybe...I would say we have too many strikers...but only Boyd puts the ball in the back of the net enough. But even he isnt doing that atm. We need these new signings to do just that, or we run the risk of not scoring enough.

yeah wasnt convinced boyd was good enough to be a bear when we signed him but hes proved me wrong. would really like to see sebo get a good run this season. what ive seen of him hes got a great first touch, comfortable on the ball, just needs that bit of confidence in front of goal me thinks.

with the signing of yet another striker in daniel cousins

are their too many ?

who would u play

so thats now 8 forward palyers we have on the books

cousins

darcheville

sebo

boyd

gow

novo

djeziri

and mcculloch

lets hear your thoughts

i would say that there are 4 players there that would play as an out and out striker they will be cousins darcheville boyd and sebo. gow mcculloch and novo can all play in midfield and if a worst case scenario comes up we could play them upfront, otherwise they will be wingers. djeziri ive never heard of <cr>

u cant say that lol, all ur judging him by is his last 2 seasons at Lens and his Reputation, for all we know he cud come over here and score 20 goals, end of the day we need to wait till the man puts a rangers shirt on runs out onto that turf and shows us what he's made of..... i bet u wurn'y keen on McCulloch either like many wur on here? i always give players the benefit of the doubt, especially if walter and ally r bringing him in, they both aint mugs matey

u cant say that lol, all ur judging him by is his last 2 seasons at Lens and his Reputation, for all we know he cud come over here and score 20 goals, end of the day we need to wait till the man puts a rangers shirt on runs out onto that turf and shows us what he's made of..... i bet u wurn'y keen on McCulloch either like many wur on here? i always give players the benefit of the doubt, especially if walter and ally r bringing him in, they both aint mugs matey

you may well be right jama will give him a chance. and u are dead right about McCulloch not keen. and lets not mention some of the duds smith has bought in the past

I would say we do have quite a lot of strikers on our books, but as somebody rightly pointed out only Boyd, JCD and Cousin stand out as out and out strikers. The others are versatile enough to play elsewhere.

The bonus is that each one of them offers something different and we really needed that because over the past couple of years we have been so predictable in front of goal and now with a bigger pool of strikers to choose from we will be less predictable to the opposition.

I would say: Boyd, Cousin, JCD are our main strikers and McCulloch, Gow, Beasely, Buffel and Novo are our wide players who will play off of them.

On face value it does look like we have too many strikers, but whne you break it down you see that it's actually a very impressive pool to have at your disposal (tu)

cousins - Not seen yet. Fight with darcheville for first place.

darcheville - Not done enough to impress, may fight with Cousins for starting place.

sebo - P#sh, doesnt deserve a game

boyd - Scores Goals, first pick

gow - Will prob be used to support strikers

novo - Used as a winger

djeziri - Think he left. Didn't get Perm Deal after initial loan

and mcculloch - Played on the Wings / Pushed up front when needed

So as far as im concerned we have 3 main strikers, 1 who should be on the bench at most (sebo) and the others r used out of position.

with the signing of yet another striker in daniel cousins

are their too many ?

who would u play

so thats now 8 forward palyers we have on the books

cousins

darcheville

sebo

boyd

gow

novo

djeziri

and mcculloch

lets hear your thoughts

At least 5 donkeys in that lot tae eh

Djeziri has left the club, was not given a permanent deal.

As has been said, I think it will be very rare that McCulloch or Gow will be started upfront and will only end up there through subs being made etc, Novo will be a similar situation I would imagine.

Although I think that is us sorted in terms of strikers, with Boyd, JCD, Cousin and Lennon. I cant really see Sebo getting a game unless theres a major injury crisis

welcome to the forum bob :)

Anyway, striker crisis maybe...I would say we have too many strikers...but only Boyd puts the ball in the back of the net enough. But even he isnt doing that atm. We need these new signings to do just that, or we run the risk of not scoring enough.

Boyd doh

Clearly we DO have too many strikers, but Walter must be planning on getting rid of at least one.

Sebo will be gone as soon as. Gow and Novo will be kept as backup, with Darcheville, Cousin and Boyd rotating in some way.

Remember, once people get injuries we'll need a few. Not as many as we have, but still. And Novo will be used on the right flank a lot too.