David Murray Betrayed Barry

It has long been said by both Barry and David Murray that both are very good friends and speak in glowing terms about each other especially in Barry's autobiography.

But today Paul Le Guen said in his interview that the Chairman was aware of the decision he was going to make regarding Barry Ferguson and he backed it. This ENRAGES me.

David Murray brought that guy back from Balackburn, reinstated him as Captain and showed that they had a special bond between them. Barry acted the same way he did under PLG than he did under Eck. Yet now, because his manager who has his club in turmoil doesn't approve of Barry's personality, he decides it is okay to force him out of the club. That is a complete betrayal of a friendship and one that i have only come to expect from David Murray. A man that i worshipped for years but recently he has done al in his power to get away from Rangers and now he sees it ias if Barry is just more money to balance the books.

It is a disgrace and should not be tolerated. If i was Bazza i would feel absolutely betrayed by this man. Am i the only one who feel thai way?

It has long been said by both Barry and David Murray that both are very good friends and speak in glowing terms about each other especially in Barry's autobiography.

But today Paul Le Guen said in his interview that the Chairman was aware of the decision he was going to make regarding Barry Ferguson and he backed it. This ENRAGES me.

David Murray brought that guy back from Balackburn, reinstated him as Captain and showed that they had a special bond between them. Barry acted the same way he did under PLG than he did under Eck. Yet now, because his manager who has his club in turmoil doesn't approve of Barry's personality, he decides it is okay to force him out of the club. That is a complete betrayal of a friendship and one that i have only come to expect from David Murray. A man that i worshipped for years but recently he has done al in his power to get away from Rangers and now he sees it ias if Barry is just more money to balance the books.

It is a disgrace and should not be tolerated. If i was Bazza i would feel absolutely betrayed by this man. Am i the only one who feel thai way?

I only listened once, but that was not the impression I got.

It honestly sounded, as I recall, like PLG was being deliberately vague about that, and wasn't giving a hard answer as to whether DM agreed with the action in advance.

You've got it backwards. It is Barry who has betrayed DM, the fans, PLG and himself.

Unless he changes his tune and works solely to, and diligently at, his remit then he can get to fuck and the faster the better

Barry lost his captaincy because PLG didn't like his personality and beliefs. These were not a problem under any of his previous 3 managers at Rangers so is the problem Barry or Le Guen?

Murray should simply not say that he is great friends with the guy and then try and force him out. That is called betrayal i am afraid and at the moment Muray seems to be only thinking of money. Barry could manke him money and PLG will cost him money. Simple as that.

It honestly sounded, as I recall, like PLG was being deliberately vague about that, and wasn't giving a hard answer as to whether DM agreed with the action in advance.

Same here ... PLG said any conversations between himself and DM were private, or words to that effect.

I agree danny , ferguson's agent said that he has already had a flux of offers but first thing he wants to do is speak to Murray. How is that betraying the club Baxters Big toe?

I don't think it was in the main interview. It was after they stopped the tape but reporters were still asking questions and that is the answer he gave to one of them. They said this on Clyde 1 after they had finished their interview so i doubt they would make that up.

I don't think it was in the main interview. It was after they stopped the tape but reporters were still asking questions and that is the answer he gave to one of them. They said this on Clyde 1 after they had finished their interview so i doubt they would make that up.

One channel I just don't trust is Clyde.

One channel I just don't trust is Clyde.

Fair enough mate but seeing as it came from DJ i would tend to believe it seeing as he is just as much of a Gers lover as the rest of us. Just have to wait and see but this is something i think Murray would do to be honest.

Barry's agent also seemed to point to the fact that Murray was the man who things had to be sorted out with but maybe that is just my interpretation. (tu)

You've got it backwards. It is Barry who has betrayed DM, the fans, PLG and himself.

Unless he changes his tune and works solely to, and diligently at, his remit then he can get to fuck and the faster the better

Barry lost his captaincy because PLG didn't like his personality and beliefs. These were not a problem under any of his previous 3 managers at Rangers so is the problem Barry or Le Guen?

Murray should simply not say that he is great friends with the guy and then try and force him out. That is called betrayal i am afraid and at the moment Muray seems to be only thinking of money. Barry could manke him money and PLG will cost him money. Simple as that.

Open your eyes and engage memory. Remember all the stories floating around about Eck being let down by "top players" not playing for him?

Remember Barry backing Eck in public but leaks being made to the press?

Goes for Vogts too (although I reckon Pressley also had a hand in that one).

Barry has form.

Barry was deliberately undermining what PLG was trying to do - to get the team playing like a team rather than it being Barry and the ten Rangers.

If you stop and think about it it is very obvious and fits ALL the facts so far.

I've been one of Barry's biggest fans and, as to his talent, I still am but he is acting like a power hungry ned and needs to take responsibility for his actions as well as stopping all his family mouthing off to the press.

I agree danny , ferguson's agent said that he has already had a flux of offers but first thing he wants to do is speak to Murray. How is that betraying the club Baxters Big toe?

He should have been talking to and taking orders from PLG from day one. He should NOT have been complaining to the press, letting them set PLG up for questions on the captaincy and holding back the original interview to make the rift seem even bigger than it is.

That is a SMALL part of how he has been betraying everyone including himself.

The main problem is that his IQ is about equal to Bob Malcom's sprinting ability.

Open your eyes and engage memory. Remember all the stories floating around about Eck being let down by "top players" not playing for him?

Barry has form.

Barry was deliberately undermining what PLG was trying to do - to get the team playing like a team rather than it being Barry and the ten Rangers.

If you stop and think about it it is very obvious and fits ALL the facts so far.

I've been one of Barry's biggest fans and, as to his talent, I still am but he is acting like a power hungry ned and needs to take responsibility for his actions as well as stopping all his family mouthing off to the press.

Barry and Eck had a great relationship and actually if YOU remember back it was the foreign players who had a problem with Eck. hey wanted him out and someone else in.

Nobody knows what hppened with Vogts. I think the whole country was against the guy so you can't blame Barry for being aggrieved with him.

Barry was not undermining PLG. The manager has not been tough enough with those players hence the lack of passion and drive to win. That is something that Barry hates and is not one to sit back and accept it. He would have given those players a rocket and Le Guen wouldn't like it because it doesn't fit in with his management style. That is not undermining but simply a clash of personalities and that is no reason for any man to be stripped of the captaincy.

who knows the truth for definate ? it will all come out eventually, but its a desperate state for us to be in as a club :(

Correct, Coop. Right on the mark as always.

We don't know the truth and we may not get more facts for a while.

But it is a desperate state of affairs when internal arguments at the club are played out in public, when the captain and manager appear to be at each other's throats and when the Chairman is silent instead of leading. And that's not to mention being way behind in the SPL, struggling to balance spending with profits and all the rest of it.

:(

Are you saying Barry doesn't play for the team? Or are you suggesting Barry only plays for himself? I don't get this comment.

PLG feels he has been undermined, can understand that to an extent as I could imagine Barry reading the riot act and perhaps PLG seen that as being undermined, I would have seen it as a worried captain

Barry has form.

Barry and Eck had a great relationship and actually if YOU remember back it was the foreign players who had a problem with Eck. hey wanted him out and someone else in.

Nobody knows what hppened with Vogts. I think the whole country was against the guy so you can't blame Barry for being aggrieved with him.

Barry was not undermining PLG. The manager has not been tough enough with those players hence the lack of passion and drive to win. That is something that Barry hates and is not one to sit back and accept it. He would have given those players a rocket and Le Guen wouldn't like it because it doesn't fit in with his management style. That is not undermining but simply a clash of personalities and that is no reason for any man to be stripped of the captaincy.

I was of the opinion that everyone knew what happened with Vogts, the guy was B*llocks!! didn't have a clue about any scottish player and led the Scotland team to their worst ever ranking.

I was of the opinion that everyone knew what happened with Vogts, the guy was B*llocks!! didn't have a clue about any scottish player and led the Scotland team to their worst ever ranking.

I meant behind the scenes in the dressing room. Nobody knows which players were for him and which were against. Of course the guy was useless. Nobody is disputing that.

Are you saying Barry doesn't play for the team? Or are you suggesting Barry only plays for himself? I don't get this comment.

I'm saying Barry Ferguson has to run everything or the toys start to come out of the pram. He lets nobody else take responsibility - and reduces his own effectiveness in the process by spreading himself too thin. I believe - I can not prove - that the last straw for PLG was that he told Barry to play further up the park on Saturday but Barry ignored him and kept dropping back to pick up short passes from the back 4.

I'm saying Barry Ferguson has to run everything or the toys start to come out of the pram. He lets nobody else take responsibility - and reduces his own effectiveness in the process by spreading himself too thin. I believe - I can not prove - that the last straw for PLG was that he told Barry to play further up the park on Saturday but Barry ignored him and kept dropping back to pick up short passes from the back 4.

do you not understand he has to keep running back to cover for all the shit players we have. ;)