We will play it tough - Red Star

Bazza

We will play it tough - Red Star

Red Star Belgrade boss Milorad Kosanovic wants his side to go for the jugular when they face Rangers in Tuesday's Champions League qualifier.

The Serbian champions scraped through the last round on away goals to Estonian outfit Levadia Tallinn, those matches costing previous boss Bosko Djurovski his job when he was urged to tender his resignation late on Thursday night.

His successor already finds himself under pressure after Red Star opened the new league campaign with an unconvincing goalless draw against newly-promoted Cukaricki on Saturday.

Kosanovic has now promised a more positive approach against Rangers at Ibrox, before what is sure to be a daunting return leg at Belgrade's imposing 'Marakana' stadium for Walter Smith's men on August 28.

"The most important thing is to play our own game," said Kosanovic.

"We will not go there to defend ourselves and we will certainly use every opportunity to attack the Rangers goal.

"Nobody can guarantee us success in the return leg if we just defend ourselves in Glasgow.

"We will play tough and try to convert every opportunity that we get."

Red Star won the Serbian championship with a resounding 17-point advantage over city rivals Partizan, who were beaten by Rangers in the UEFA Cup last season.

But Kosanovic claims not to be overly concerned by their uninspiring stalemate at the weekend ahead of such a crucial European match.

He added: "We are still in the early phase where we are building our game plan and gauging the players' capabilities.

"My main goal before this match was to find the best starting line-up for the upcoming match in Glasgow, and I think that I have succeeded in that.

"Against Cukaricki we showed both our resolve and patience.

"We created a lot of space on the wings, but we lacked some luck in converting those opportunities into goals."

http://www.teamtalk.com/football/story/0,1...2657657,00.html

Don't think they will be able to out play us, especially physically.

Thoughts....

Away Managers always say "We won't defend," but end up doing it. Regardless, I think we should take 3 off them, hopefully without return.

it always amazes me how fans can say we will take 3 of them etc etc when in all probability we have never seen them play

How do you know I have never seen them play ? I could be a Season ticket holder for all you know :)

it always amazes me how fans can say we will take 3 of them etc etc when in all probability we have never seen them play

How do you know I have never seen them play ? I could be a Season ticket holder for all you know :)

You know the old tgest - who is their goalkeeper ? no google searches.

what is the cost of a season ticket in Belgrade ?

Their GK is Ivan Ranđelović. I used Wikipedia, not Google. :craphead:

I obviously don't have a Season Ticket, but you automaticlly dismissed my opinion based on knowledge of me which you simply did not have....

How many times have teams been written off becuase their league form is pish or no-ones heard of them only for them to pull a blinder from nowhere and shock the so called `favourites`. I`m not expecting an easy ride or trying to sound pesimistic but it won`t be easy. We have a habit of making things difficult for ourselves.

Their GK is Ivan Ranđelović. I used Wikipedia, not Google. :craphead:

I obviously don't have a Season Ticket, but you automaticlly dismissed my opinion based on knowledge of me which you simply did not have....

When did I say YOU had not seen them play ?

Guest djoleale

19E (tu)

Sounds like they could be scared, should be able to beat them. Should be a good game, if they want to play ruff, so can we.

:rangers::rangers:

:harhar: :harhar: :harhar: :harhar:

:rant: :rant: :rant:

:2g: :2g: :bum1:

We will more than match them in that department.

If the guy thinks his team are going to be physical against us hes in for a big surprise. Our present side are one of the biggest I have ever seen at Ibrox. I think Walters signings have been made with just this kind of comment in mind. Too many times last season we were bullied off the ball. Well thats changed and add to that the extra pace we have in the side we should have enough to go through to the BIG league.

the article said they won ,the rsd, won the leauge by 17pts. but it doesen t matter cause they haver like only 3 or 4 players left in the squad from that season. but i must admitt they do produce some exellent players, like vidic who left 3 yrs ago, zigic left2yrs. ago, kovacevic, playing for lens*in the team of the year last year in french leauge* left 2yrs. ago, bosko jankovic where top scorer for mallorca last season eventhough hes midfielder, now playing for palemo, left 2yrs. ago, they are couple of more players can t remember them all.. the only players left wich I know are basta and milovanovic*he was also on the team of the tournament for euro u21*, both played for Serbias U 21, where they finished runners up, and koroman and they bought some new players from south america wich i do not know much about, on paper they sound good, but they don t play that well, proably not fit or something i don t know, lets see tommorow i can t wait for the game...