2.30 phone clyde, 2.45 phone the sun - disgrace

That was Ferguson's agenda after his meeting with Le Guen

You can also assume that he was in touch with at least one more probably chick young

This was a disgraceful way for a captain of rangers to behave and demonstrates his character in a very bad light.

And they all tell us how he was in tears and distraught, but not too distraught to get his side of the story into all media outlets first.

Bullshit. Peter Martin heard that Ferguson was stripped of the captaincy for the Motherwell game, he made his way down to Murray Park and spoke to Ferguson. He said that Ferguson was "distraught and upset" and had "tears in his eyes"

Viola said himself that he would make no comment until he had sat down and spoken to Murray and Ferguson.

That was Ferguson's agenda after his meeting with Le Guen

You can also assume that he was in touch with at least one more probably chick young

This was a disgraceful way for a captain of rangers to behave and demonstrates his character in a very bad light.

And they all tell us how he was in tears and distraught, but not too distraught to get his side of the story into all media outlets first.

Absolute rubbish. There is no record or quote from him from any of these media outlets and the only person who has spoken out from Fergie's point of view is John Viola his agent who described him as "distraught beyond belief."

You wouldn't be trying to peddle and anti-Ferguson agenda now would you? I ceertainly hope not but judging by your post i think you have a deep hatred for him wearing the armband.

If he phoned the Sun then why did they have no story today, only the basics everyone else knew, the main article was qoutes from his autobiography

It just so happens alot of his friends are in the media

btw this doesnt stop PLG being a shite manager

I am afraid Barry has not acted in the best interests of the club or as a Rangers captain should. To drip stories to his friends in the media is unbecoming to say the least.

I am sure he is sitting there at the moment thinking' what have I done?'.

Let's hope you have learned you are paid to play not to manage.

I am afraid Barry has not acted in the best interests of the club or as a Rangers captain should. To drip stories to his friends in the media is unbecoming to say the least.

I am sure he is sitting there at the moment thinking' what have I done?'.

Let's hope you have learned you are paid to play not to manage

What proof do you have that he has talked to anyone in the media?

If you mean Billy Dodds, i have to say that Billy is a personal friend of Barry and i suspect many people went to him and not the other way around. Barry usually goes intoa shell when things like this happens.

Peter martin announced on Clyde today that Ferguson had phoned him at 2.30 p.m. yesterday - heard it with my own ears on the way to the game. Fergie told hi9m he was in tears leaving ground.

Iain King reported in the sun today that ferguson phoned him personally at 2.45 p.m. distraught.

Given that Chick Young broke the story you can assume that Chick got the call at either 2.15 p.m. or 2.45 p.m.

Ferguson disgraced the role of captain yesterday with this behaviour

Again I ask the question how do you know it was BF who leaked the stories. You just presume it was him. It could well have been anyone working at Murraypark or Ibrox or it could have been a family member. His dad has afterall given an interview about it.

You cannot say he hasn't acted in the best interests of the club by telling the press unless you can come up with hard evidence to prove it was he who contacted them.

Afterall, the supporters on here who are not behind BF are the ones shouting that we should have the hard facts before backing him.

Again I ask the question how do you know it was BF who leaked the stories. You just presume it was him. It could well have been anyone working at Murraypark or Ibrox or it could have been a family member. His dad has afterall given an interview about it.

You cannot say he hasn't acted in the best interests of the club by telling the press unless you can come up with hard evidence to prove it was he who contacted them.

Afterall, the supporters on here who are not behind BF are the ones shouting that we should have the hard facts before backing him.

We know it was ferguson becaused both Peter martin and Iain King confirmed it to be so today.

Peter martin announced on Clyde today that Ferguson had phoned him at 2.30 p.m. yesterday - heard it with my own ears on the way to the game. Fergie told hi9m he was in tears leaving ground.

Iain King reported in the sun today that ferguson phoned him personally at 2.45 p.m. distraught.

Given that Chick Young broke the story you can assume that Chick got the call at either 2.15 p.m. or 2.45 p.m.

No. Peter Martin said he was at Murray Park due to a tip-off and seen Barry looking "distraught".

He may well have spoke to Iain King but can you blame him seeing as the guy wrote his book with him and is someone he can trust.

And as for Chick, there is not one footballer alive that would talk to Chick Young before anyone else. So don't give us that crap. Chiock said he got it from Ibrox anyway so it couldn't have been Fergie because he wasn't there.

No. Peter Martin said he was at Murray Park due to a tip-off and seen Barry looking "distraught".

He may well have spoke to Iain King but can you blame him seeing as the guy wrote his book with him and is someone he can trust.

And as for Chick, there is not one footballer alive that would talk to Chick Young before anyone else. So don't give us that crap. Chiock said he got it from Ibrox anyway so it couldn't have been Fergie because he wasn't there.

I think this version of events is more likely

heard and read that as well hardly a rangers captains behaviour amo never went to the press when he got stripped

This is all becoming very annoying, fans now arguing with each other about what Barry told people in the media or not. I am a Barry supporter and always will be, he has been our captain for a while now and although we as fans all have our favourites it does surprise me that plg has so many backers when he has been such a poor manager in the last six months.

To be fair the article in the Sun which I have in front of me now reads:

Iain King: "Barry Ferguson has already made his funeral arrangements - he will be cremated in the jersey he wore the niht he first captained Rangers with his armband proudly on his sleeve. The night he revealed that to me came whirling back into focus yesterday when a distraught Barry called at 2.45pm to tell me that he had been stripped of the job he lives for."

Straight from page 62. So it sounds like he did call Iain King at least. I know nothing of the man. Only that The Sun is a tabloid newspaper that generally writes a load of old tosh. Believe what you want.

I still want our barry boy back in the shirt and wearing the armband where he belongs.. <bouncy>

This is all becoming very annoying, fans now arguing with each other about what Barry told people in the media or not. I am a Barry supporter and always will be, he has been our captain for a while now and although we as fans all have our favourites it does surprise me that plg has so many backers when he has been such a poor manager in the last six months.

Well said. I would put money on that most if not all the PLG supporters have slated him at one time or another and even hinted at his sacking or that he is not the right man for the job after the signings he made and the results we've had.

He may of called Iain King but Peter Martin spoke to him outside Murray Park. Iain King is one of Fergusons best mates and have known each other for years. He also was the author of his book.

To be fair the article in the Sun which I have in front of me now reads:

Iain King: "Barry Ferguson has already made his funeral arrangements - he will be cremated in the jersey he wore the niht he first captained Rangers with his armband proudly on his sleeve. The night he revealed that to me came whirling back into focus yesterday when a distraught Barry called at 2.45pm to tell me that he had been stripped of the job he lives for."

Straight from page 62. So it sounds like he did call Iain King at least. I know nothing of the man. Only that The Sun is a tabloid newspaper that generally writes a load of old tosh. Believe what you want.

I still want our barry boy back in the shirt and wearing the armband where he belongs..

I don't doubt this one bit. Iain and Barry are very good friends and trust each other an awful lot. I am not surprised Barry phoned a trusted friend to tell him what had happened. Who cares if he happens to be a journalist? I don't. I want the same thing you do, Ted, and that is MY Captain back in the team. I cannot stand these people who deliberately twist this stuf to tarnish Bazza. I won't stand for it.

Where were all these people when Ferguson out classed the Inter midfield, when he had Riquelme in his back pocket, when he ran the show against Aberdeen, Falkirk, Hibs(where Brown and Thomson never got a sniff of the action) and when he outshawn a former Galactico?

Ferguson will be at the club longer than Le Guen will. Le Guen is a useless, arrogant, stuborn man who will never succeed at Ibrox.