National Service

Thermopylae

Just listening to a debate on Talk Sport about whether or not players who play in England should be eligible for the English national team, much as they do in cricket. It set me wondering how many of us would rather play for England than play for septic? I really wouldn't mind running out wearing the 3 lions at Wembley, but I just don't think I could say the same about taking to the field at the provodome.

haha

Because their national team is pish they want their foreigners :lol:

Id rather play for england than Celtic though.

I suppose the big downside of playing for Engerland is their ferocious press pack ... don't fancy having a turnip on my head :ohmy:

I could never play for England - I would rather quit.

But Celtic pay good money to stars to sit on the bench - I could sit on their bench for a couple of years before being transferred to Preston or Norwich! No problem!

haha

Because their national team is pish they want their foreigners :lol:

Id rather play for england than Celtic though.

I suppose the big downside of playing for Engerland is their ferocious press pack ... don't fancy having a turnip on my head :ohmy:

I could never play for England - I would rather quit.

But Celtic pay good money to stars to sit on the bench - I could sit on their bench for a couple of years before being transferred to Preston or Norwich! No problem!

just the idea of sitting on their bench wearing their hoops makes me sick.

This thread reminds me of a story my grandfather told (supposedly true) of a Protestant guy who played for Celtic in the 1960s. After one game, the guy's face was tripping him and so a teammate tried to console him.

Team Mate: What's the matter mate?

Protestant Player: Och, I'm sick of all the abuse we get. Being called Fenian Bastard.

TM: They call me that all the time, I don't let it bother.

PP: Aye, but you are one!

Slightly off topic now guys, but I think it would be a great idea to bring back the National league games.

You know the Scottish league versus the English league stuff.

I not sure of the reasons for playing them in the past but I think we could resurrect the fixture for charity or whatever.

Thoughts?