Brown and Thompson for Fergie?

Does anyone think that the money raised from fergie would buy these 2 and if so would it be a good bit of business for us? I believe ferguson is our best player and our rightful captain but i would take these 2 instead of him as it would offer us much more variety in the middle of the park.

The way Clement played yesterday shows how good he is when he has the chance to take control of the game, and with brown operating in front of him we would have what i would consider an excellent midfield duo.

Thompson still has some improving to do and i think he would learn a lot from Clement even though they are of similar age and would provide excellent cover if either Clement or Brown were out injured.

Saying all of that i still dont want Barry to go as he is the heart and soul of the club, but if worst comes to worst i think Brown and Thompson would make up for his loss.

Good post and i agree.

Both are much younger and we can get a lot more seasons out of them.

With the interest from big spending price-inflators like Newcastle, we could get enough to financ eboth.

I am totally against the idea of Ferguson leaving first and foremost. Id much rather see Le Guen go.

BUT....if someone promised Thompson and Brown in place of Ferguson then it would soften the blow a bit.

A young midfield trio of Clement, Thompson and Brown does interest me I must admit.