I love Alan mcGregor

Tags

first thread I've started on here, but what a performance from the boy. Has Craig Gordon EVER produced under that kind of prssure before? Nah I don't think so.

Give us £18 million for him English clubs.....

first thread I've started on here, but what a performance from the boy. Has Craig Gordon EVER produced under that kind of prssure before? Nah I don't think so.

:craphead:

Screw you new Bear. 20 million at least!

Welcome to the best Gers forum on the intermanet. (tu)

Good post to start your career here with!

HERE WE GO :rangers:

I do remember Craig Gordon throwing the ball into his own net against Celtic on TWO seperate occasions last season mind you.... :shifty:

Hands off :shifty: , he's a Ger and he'll stay a Ger! :lol:

I do remember Craig Gordon throwing the ball into his own net against Celtic on TWO seperate occasions last season mind you.... :shifty:

And everyone remembers Allan McGregor flapping against Celtic and costing Rangers a goal.

Why do we also have to highlight other peoples mistakes, to try and make our players look better?

At this time, Craig Gordon is the best goalkeeper to come from Scotland and Allan McGregor is number 2. Both will contiue to improve, But it is clear to see with games, McGregor is developing into a very good and reliable goalkeeper.

McGregor was great tonight, But the full team deserve praise. Walters tactics were spot on.

Champions League............ :rangers:

Why do we also have to highlight other peoples mistakes, to try and make our players look better?

We don't, we simply use examples such as this to show that Gordon is not in fact anywhere near the millions times better than McGregor as the Scottish media would have you believe.

Agree 100% I am a big fan of his and have always thought he was more than good enough to be our number 1, tonight proved it, he was a rock!! I never understood the hard time he got on this site from a lot of bears, he has been consistently great and his clean sheet record speaks volumes!!!

We don't, we simply use examples such as this to show that Gordon is not in fact anywhere near the millions times better than McGregor as the Scottish media would have you believe.

On sport on sunday and super sunday they talked about how good a goalkeeper Craig Gordon is.

After only 3 games in the Premiership, he is impressing everyone down south.

Once he fully settles, He will be an amazing goalkeeper. He wont be at Sunderland for long, He is using it as a stepping stone to move to Man Utd or Arsenal. Then you will see how good Craig Gordon really is.

He will concede a lot of goals as he is called apon a lot as he is playing for the 2nd worst team in the premiership, It doesnt mean he is a bad goalkeeper. McGregor is keeping clean sheets , But id swap McGregor for Gordon in a heart beat.

On sport on sunday and super sunday they talked about how good a goalkeeper Craig Gordon is.

Once he fully settles, He will be an amazing goalkeeper. He wont be at Sunderland for long, He is using it as a stepping stone to move to Man Utd or Arsenal. Then you will see how good Craig Gordon really is.

He will concede a lot of goals as he is called apon a lot as he is playing for the 2nd worst team in the premiership, It doesnt mean he is a bad goalkeeper. McGregor is keeping clean sheets , But id swap Gordon for McGregor in a heart beat.

I'm not sure about this whole stepping stone thing.

Man Utd have a 36/37 year old Van Der Sar and injury/mistake prone Ben Foster, Arsenal have a tit quite frankly in Almunia and not much better in Lehmann (coming from an Arsenal man here). If either of these teams really wanted Craig Gordon (who at £9mil would have been a sound long term investment), I'm sure they could have had him over Sunderland!

He will concede a lot of goals as he is called apon a lot as he is playing for the 2nd worst team in the premiership, It doesnt mean he is a bad goalkeeper. McGregor is keeping clean sheets , But id swap Gordon for McGregor in a heart beat.

Man Utd have a 36/37 year old Van Der Sar and injury/mistake prone Ben Foster, Arsenal have a tit quite frankly in Almunia and not much better in Lehmann (coming from an Arsenal man here). If either of these teams really wanted Craig Gordon (who at £9mil would have been a sound long term investment), I'm sure they could have had him over Sunderland!

He had to prove himself in a big league first before they would touch him.

Wasnt a case of Sunderland outbidding Man Utd and Arsenal, Both are keeping tabs on him, But were happy to let him move to Sunderland.

He had to prove himself in a big league first before they would touch him.

Wasnt a case of Sunderland outbidding Man Utd and Arsenal, Both are keeping tabs on him, But were happy to let him move to Sunderland.

Possibly, a good theory! The Sunderland / Man Utd link has become stronger all of a sudden. Who knows, Keane may take Gordon to Man Utd with him whenever it happens.

We've been lucky with our keepers who have stayed for a long period of time, Woods, THE goalie and Kloss to name but three, hopefully McGregor will be around for a good few seasons more.

We have been exceptionally lucky to have so many great keepers...it's beginning to look like McGreggor can follow in the footsteps of those great names. Very assured performance last night.

I'm normally one of McGregor's biggest defenders, but i don't see what was so special about his performance tonight that people are suddenly raving about him. Red Star did nothing really, alot of running about in our half but no cutting edge, was only a few occasions we actually looked like being under real pressure. Of the shots he saved, the one from the striker was from a wide angle right at him, good save but expected of him. Koroman shot was from outside of the area and going slightly high and central anyway. Missed the first 5 minutes so can't comment on his save then.

He handled the pressure well, no stupid mistakes, solid and was excellent when coming for crosses for a change, but i would say a solid 8 rather than the spectacular performance it seems to be getting hyped as.

I'm normally one of McGregor's biggest defenders, but i don't see what was so special about his performance tonight that people are suddenly raving about him. Red Star did nothing really, alot of running about in our half but no cutting edge, was only a few occasions we actually looked like being under real pressure. Of the shots he saved, the one from the striker was from a wide angle right at him, good save but expected of him. Koroman shot was from outside of the area and going slightly high and central anyway. Missed the first 5 minutes so can't comment on his save then.

He handled the pressure well, no stupid mistakes, solid and was excellent when coming for crosses for a change, but i would say a solid 8 rather than the spectacular performance it seems to be getting hyped as.

I would give him 16/10 for last nights performance, maybe even 17/10 :rangers:

the sign of a good keeper is when you have fook all to do most of the game,but produce the goods when called upon,mcgregor did just that,couple of good saves and calm and composed when coming for crosses,id say that was a great display to get hyped about :) oh aye and his kicking is straight outta the ronnie watereuss book of goalkeeping :)