Who will the bears be supporting :)

superally07

Who gets ur support?  

144 members have voted

1. 1. Tims Or Russians?

• Celtic
    • Russians

:craphead: am not into this hole ' gd for scottish football' idea espically as they kid on there irish so fcuk them :)

Mon the russians for me :D:rangers:

+ Does any1 no if celtic dont qualify - if we get dubbo the money - aka 20 mill?

ano the bratislava season we got 10 mill because they got nocked out- if they had qualified it would only of been 5 mil each :P

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

:craphead: am not into this hole ' gd for scottish football' idea espically as they kid on there irish so fcuk them :)

+ Does any1 no if celtic dont qualify - if we get dubbo the money - aka 20 mill?

ano the bratislava season we got 10 mill because they got nocked out- if they had qualified it would only of been 5 mil each :P

tv money is splt in two if both old firm qualify and if not goes to one team

and we dont get a guarntee(sp) 10 million its up to 10 million

so if celtic qualify - which hopefully wont happen - we will only get say about 5 mil tv money ?

so if celtic qualify - which hopefully wont happen - we will only get say about 5 mil tv money ?

Whaaaat? Do you people actually read newspapers?

If we qualify we get £10 million (at least)

If the mhanks don't qualify we get their money as well.

Read the fckin' papers properly. Jeez

Read the fckin' papers properly. Jeez

Eyesight or memory going old yin ?

The money allocated is for the country, therefore the 10mil, if it is that actually figure (TV money and performance bonuses etc), is per nation, not per team. So if Celtic qualify then whatever the actual pot amount is for participating is split between the 2 clubs. If they are knocked out then all money to us.

The majority of Champions League broadcast and sponsorship revenue is, however, distributed to the 32 clubs which participate from the group stage onwards themselves – some €414m (£274m) in 2003/04. The distribution formula comprises two elements. 50% of this pool of revenue is distributed according to on field performance in that season’s Champions League and 50% according to the relative value of the broadcast market in each country.

Each country then divides that (‘broadcast’ share) according to their participant clubs’ on-field performance. The amounts received by clubs in 2003/04 ranged from the €4.2m (£2.8m) received by Partizan Belgrade (who were eliminated at the group stage) to €28.9m (£19.1m) received by semi-finalists Chelsea.

English clubs received the largest revenues, partly because of the relative size of the UK broadcast deal compared to other countries, but also due to strong on-pitch performances.

On top of this centrally generated revenue, clubs generate matchday, sponsorship and other commercial revenues themselves and, for a successful club in a big market, this can amount to a large pot of revenue. We estimate that the 12 Money League clubs who participated in the 2003/04 competition collectively earned almost €300m (£200m) from their respective Champions League campaigns, which equates to 14% of the clubs’ turnover.

This excludes the extra ‘local’ sponsorship and commercial successes which flow with the kudos of Champions League status.

Chelsea generated the biggest estimated Champions League revenue, €44m (£29.1m), one fifth of their total 2003/04

revenue. While, at one time, an appearance on the European stage was seen as being a bonus – a reward for a successful domestic season – many clubs now view Champions League qualification as the minimum acceptable level of on pitch success – the cake itself rather than the icing upon it.

February 2005 sees the resumption of the UEFA Champions League, Europe’s highest profile football club competition. The competition has become an integral part of the European club season – but how significant is it financially?

up until seville, being something of a patriot, i used to suspend hostilities and support cfc - and all the scottish teams - in europe: the idealist.

the build up to seville and all the bitter, bitter stuff that came our way that season from mon and sutton etc changed that - i have never and will never support cfc in any game again: the realist.

so tonight i will of course be rooting for spartak and i expect them to score and put cfc out: the optimist.

It's a straight financial choice. If they qualify we will have to have the TV money with them, so come on the Russians

There is also the matter of the co-efficient. As Celtic would drop into the UEFA and probably gain just as many points there as in the CL, (more even), it's a no brainer. Come on the Russkies.

It's a straight financial choice. If they qualify we will have to have the TV money with them, so come on the Russians

There is also the matter of the co-efficient. As Celtic would drop into the UEFA and probably gain just as many points there as in the CL, (more even), it's a no brainer. Come on the Russkies.

Is there not an issue of seedings as well? I thought i read that we need 2 teams who are seeded above us to drop out and we move into pot 3 rather than pot 4. Celltic going out would move help move us up a pot no????

Irrespective ... 'mon the the ruskies

Is there not an issue of seedings as well? I thought i read that we need 2 teams who are seeded above us to drop out and we move into pot 3 rather than pot 4. Celltic going out would move help move us up a pot no????

Irrespective ... 'mon the the ruskies

I'm not sure...I haven't got into that. Nice to have another reason to cheer for Spartak though (if needed). :)

up until seville, being something of a patriot, i used to suspend hostilities and support cfc - and all the scottish teams - in europe: the idealist.

the build up to seville and all the bitter, bitter stuff that came our way that season from mon and sutton etc changed that - i have never and will never support cfc in any game again: the realist.

so tonight i will of course be rooting for spartak and i expect them to score and put cfc out: the optimist.

Same here actually.

Mon the Russians.

Would any of the (so far) 7 people who have voted for Celtic, care to explain their reasons. I'm genuinely interested.

I would support any other team in the SPL tonight except that miserable self-righteous East End bunch. I hope Moscow get a late away goal following a dodgy, dodgy off-side decision and a stone-wall penalty turned down for the home side.