For the PS3 fans...

JR

If you were to recommend 3 games that rule - and really show what the PS3 can do what would they be?

(Ive just got my PS3 and looking to add to the 5 free ones that came with it)

:)

I've got FIFA, Resistance:Fall of Man, Rainbow 6:Vegas, Virtua Fighter 5 and Heavenly Sword.

FIFA is just the same as it's always been just slightly better graphics. Resistance is good but is an early game so doesn't really show off the PS3's capabilities well, haven't even got round to playing Rainbow 6 yet but it looks fun but again falls into the category of not really showing off. The final two Virtua Fighter 5 and Heavenly Sword have both got amazing graphics. I've written what I like about HS in another topic but Virtua Fighter 5 has some unreal character detail and is probably the most fun I've had palying two player so far. Be warned though it has a steep learning curve unlike the Tekken series.

Games coming up that will really start to show off the stations real power and that will be really fun are, Assasins's Creed, Guitar Hero III (unbelievable fun), WWE, Need for Speed Pro Street. I've heard Skate is pretty good too. Really depends on what sort've game you are into. I liked the look of Warhawk but I'm not much of an online player. Too many ultra nerds to kick my ass.

Too early to tell at the moment as none of the games I would say show the PS3s full potential yet.

Games which I'm looking forward to though are:

Clive Barker's "Jericho" - an 18 certificate FPS horror game.

Beowulf - another 18 game, going to be based on the movie which will be coming out, seen a clip of it and it looks good, I just hope it lives up to the hype.

Bladestorm - 100 years war - looks excellent a fighting game where you also need to use strategy.

All of these games are due for release this side of Xmas, next year I'm really looking forward to Resident Evil 5, Devil May Cry 4 and Metal Gear Solid 4

• 2 weeks later...