*** Football Manager 2008 Thread ***

Jiggaman88

• Replies 768
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just got the game yesterday and its great any of u guys got ne new skins?

No, but Susie (sortitoutsi.net) has stuff, haven't checked the skins though!

TGM... I sat all morning wondering WTF you'd pointed out on your screenshot... it hit me as I left the house for uni doh:lol:

I fired up a game as Newcastle last night.

Got a decent team and £8m quid. :)

Played 4 games as Newcastle gaffer.

Got beat 3-2 at Stamford Bridge in the first game, then won 2-0 against both Bolton and Everton. I just beat Millwall 5-2 in the Cup aswell.

Signed Luca Modric for £4m, and Baptista on loan.

Just won the UEFA cup with Everton in the first season :D

Beat Tottenham 4-2 in the finalwith 2 goals from James Vaughan and two from Steven Pienaar (quality player :D)

Just as well because I wouldn't have qualified for Europe if I hadn't have won the cup. Finished 14th in the Premiership :(

Oh well :D

Just won the UEFA cup with Everton in the first season :D

Beat Tottenham 4-2 in the finalwith 2 goals from James Vaughan and two from Steven Pienaar (quality player :D)

Just as well because I wouldn't have qualified for Europe if I hadn't have won the cup. Finished 14th in the Premiership :(

Oh well :D

As Dortmund manager, he will be back on the plane to Germany ASAP in my game :P

1 point from a possible 6... <_< although I'm into the 2nd round of the cup... and have my full squad to choose from now! Tam Buffel, Davie Weir, and Collins John on loan, signed Piatti for £90k.

(yes, i've only just started, but I have two other games on FM08 :P )

finished 2nd season with bayern, finished 2nd 1 point behind schalke and only lost 2 games all season got manager of the year and everyting q/f champions league etc.......... and the board didnt renew my contract WTF so applied for gers job which i got, was given 10m to spend which i did , only to find that there was no fixtures for the SPL for the 3rd season well F****** gutted so had to start a new game with Rangers

Into March now on my Newcastle game. Doing fairly well just now. I'm in 6th place, but only a few points behind Pompey who are in 4th.

Roma made a £13m bid for Owen in January and my Chairman accepted it as it was too good to refuse apparently.

Sitting with £30m in the bank for a summer spending spree. I need a good center half and striker, bearing in mind they will need to want to come to Newcastle. Any tips?

Won the league, but defeated by the scum at semi's stage of both cups and chavski put me out of champ league in first round k/o

won the league by 23 points though with septic only scraping into 2nd on last day by a point

#

signed two more players: mladen petric- Dortmund LW

tamas priskin- watford

keepers are too fucking good in the premiership, make like 20 odd chances and they always save them, and they play for such shit teams its fucking annoying!

keepers are too fucking good in the premiership, make like 20 odd chances and they always save them, and they play for such shit teams its fucking annoying!

Thats why i finished 6th in the league with arsenal creating 20-odd chances a game maybe 15 of them on target no goals, opposition (derby for instance) 5 shots 1 on target derby win 1-0

thats EXACTLY whats happening to me, i have like an awesome fucking team aswell, its an absolute joke man honestly. i have bought like Del Piero, Riquelme, Piatti, Mihelic, Ninis, Huntelaar + all the players that are already at Arsenal. fucking joke!

thats EXACTLY whats happening to me, i have like an awesome fucking team aswell, its an absolute joke man honestly. i have bought like Del Piero, Riquelme, Piatti, Mihelic, Ninis, Huntelaar + all the players that are already at Arsenal. fucking joke!

i know i just grin and beared it for the first season, gets better in the second season but still hard, and they wont renew your contract anyway i think its a bug , ive started 3 games won the leagues in them all bar the arsenal game and not made it to the start of the 3rd season well pissing me off