*** Football Manager 2008 Thread ***

Jiggaman88

just in first season with Rangers and decided to give fringe Players a chance to prove they want to play for us and Buffel played 2 blinders but Roy Caroll's just been punted for conceding 2 soft goals against Dumbarton im in September and 3 points clear and in the quarter-finals of the league cup

• Replies 768
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i was 8 points clear of celtic, they pulled it back to 3, i nearly slipped up to falkirk at home but JCD got his 36th goal of the season and then aberdeen beat celtic and thats me 6 points clear now!

edit: got my 8 point lead back, they drew away to st mirren :D

what a last 16 tie. i drew 2-2 in germany with stuttgart. then at ibrox, took the lead in the 16th minute through boyd. all i needed to do was win or draw 0-0 or 1-1. they equalised in the 81st minute and i thought oh no, here we go, but only a minute later, brilliant play set up ferguson in the box who smashed the ball into the corner 2-1, only 3 minutes later, stuttgart had the ball in the back of the net, OFFSIDE!! I hung on for a 2-1 win and im in the last 8!!!

edit: inter in the last 8, oh well.

0-0 with inter at ibrox, need a scoring draw or win at san siro to get to last 4.

and heres this for drama, 2-0 up against united in first half at tannadice, 2nd half they get 2 goals, 90th minute, pass the ball about into the box, cut back to edge of area diaby whacks in 3-2 winner!

am 1st in the league by a point, in champions league group stages with Sevilla, Liverpool and Olymipakos, sittin on 6 points beating Olymipakos and Liverpool, last game is Olymipakos at home an if a win and Sevilla beat Liverpool then i cud go through on goal difference :D looking good so far, only lost one league game all season

Just fired up a new game with Wigan.

They have a fairly decent side considering the board have basically already conceded relegation. If you tell them you will get relegated, you get £8m to spend, if you say you will avoid relegation then you got £12m, which isn't bad.

I'll keep y'all updated.

am 1st in the league by a point, in champions league group stages with Sevilla, Liverpool and Olymipakos, sittin on 6 points beating Olymipakos and Liverpool, last game is Olymipakos at home an if a win and Sevilla beat Liverpool then i cud go through on goal difference :D looking good so far, only lost one league game all season

what formation do you use in europe, im walking the league every season with my rangers team but struggling in europe i use a basic 4-4-2 formation

what formation do you use in europe, im walking the league every season with my rangers team but struggling in europe i use a basic 4-4-2 formation

im rolling a 5-1-2-1-1 in the league and europe and its working a treat, got to the last 16. its primarily a back 3 with 2 full backs sitting forward in line with a def mid, 2 players in the centre in front of him and an attacking mid free role in front of him, lone striker, although you can take the def mid out for another striker if needed. darcheville has scored masses of goals for me

Just fired up a new game with Wigan.

They have a fairly decent side considering the board have basically already conceded relegation. If you tell them you will get relegated, you get £8m to spend, if you say you will avoid relegation then you got £12m, which isn't bad.

I'll keep y'all updated.

not bad?! thats fucking brilliant lol. Im liverpool and if i say im gonna challegen for the league, i get 8m and if i say im gonna win it i get 13mil

:lol:

The only downfall is that their balance is only about £5m, so if you were to spend the budget all at once you would go into debt. Unless you pay in installments, which I try to do.

im rolling a 5-1-2-1-1 in the league and europe and its working a treat, got to the last 16. its primarily a back 3 with 2 full backs sitting forward in line with a def mid, 2 players in the centre in front of him and an attacking mid free role in front of him, lone striker, although you can take the def mid out for another striker if needed. darcheville has scored masses of goals for me

i tried a 4-2-1-2-1 against arsenal and lost 1-0 at the emirates but reverted back to 4-4-2 against juve in italy and got beat 3-1 , stuck with the 4-4-2 against hannover for the double header and drew both games 0-0, it seems that i am jinxed in europe im now into my 3rd season my last two campaigns ended in the group stages

sorry, i got to the last 8 with it, i knocked out stuttgart with a 2-2 draw away and a 2-1 win at home, its april and JCD is one goal away from 40 goals all comps

in my first two seasons boyd scored 35 and then 46 in all comps he had 37 in league for the second season

cool, jcd is 7 in europe, 4 in cup and 28 in league... worst thing about my formation is no target man so against quality sides (like inter) JCD wont win headers.

i just got knocked out of the last 8 on penalties after a 0-0 draw at the san siro :( maybe next time chaps

5 games left in the season, im 1 win away from securing the league.

unlucky mate ive only played Motherwell in the last 2 days cos im looking for january recruitments im still 3 points ahead with a top-of-the-table clash with the tims coming up and im 3 points clear

cool, jcd is 7 in europe, 4 in cup and 28 in league... worst thing about my formation is no target man so against quality sides (like inter) JCD wont win headers.

i just got knocked out of the last 8 on penalties after a 0-0 draw at the san siro :( maybe next time chaps

5 games left in the season, im 1 win away from securing the league.

im 7 clear i think after 20 games but its dundee united who are 2nd septik are 5th in the league and strachans job is hanging by a thread in the three seasons i have played they have managed 1 win against me and lost the rest, i always walk the league its just the champs league i come unstuck may have to try some different formations and tactics

in my 3 seasons the top seeds in my group have been

barcelona,chelsea

real madrid, sevilla

arsenal, juventus

well i just won the league, i lost 2-0 to falkirk away but celtic got beat 3-0 at parkhead by HIBS! then I beat celtic at parkhead 3-1, im about to sign soren larsen aswell from schalke, i had him at gers in previous game and he scored a lot and was wanted by barcelona, he is a good targetman and good finisher, all aroud striker.

just finshed my second season with spurs, won champions league against man utd 1-0, won the league by 4 points off chelsea

play a formation 4-1-2-2-1 style

--------------------------------Robinson------------------------------------

--Hutton--------------Breno----------------King----------------Bale-----

-----------------------------Huddlestone-----------------------------------

-----------------Hamsik-----------------Lulhina/Jenas------------------

------Lennon----------------------------------Modric-----------------------

-------------------------Bent/Berbatov-----------------------------------

even tho it looks defensive ot aint scored the most goals in the league bent scored 30 goals and berbatov got 20

keane is pish tho can hardly ever score

bent is a great target man