Hibernian youngster David Grof

trueblue1872

Hibernian youngster David Grof is being tracked by Rangers, Celtic and a number of Premiership clubs, according to reports in his homeland.

The Hungarian starlet moved to Easter Road last summer from Vasas Budapest and he had produced a string of outstanding displays for Hibs' youth and reserve sides.

The 17-year-old goalkeeper is being tipped as future international number one, and he appears to be fulfilling his potential quickly.

It is being suggested that his performances have already caught the eye of the Old Firm as well as a clutch of clubs south of the border.

The youngster himself would not be drawn on the interest, insisting he was only looking at being Hibernian number one.

"Many people say I have a great chance to get into the first team at Hibernian," Grof told NSU.

"I'm very critical with myself, but I'm only 17 and I'm aware of the fact that I have to improve a lot.

"I have had lots of interesting games so far: in the Championship of the reserves we had a draw versus Motherwell and in the youth league we played 0-0 against the unbeaten Celtic."

http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx?hlid=4...tle+for+starlet

i think we're ok for keepers..about the only position we are well covered for.

are we?

klos and letizi will be away in the summer, do we have good young keepers coming through?

calum reidford is meant to be good also lee robinson is also meant to be useful both under 20

are they ready for first team action though?

I think we will sign a keeper in the summer to provide experienced back up to mcgregor.

Would like to see the lads given a chance to prove themselves though. Perhaps they will be sent on loan like mcgregor was.

Reidford is/was on loan at Dundee. I've got the feeling he's too wee to really make it. :( But we'll see.

Lee Robinson has been given an extended contract so we obviously rate him.

Assuming Klos and Letizi go we'll certainly sign a keeper - maybe a "golden oldie" type to provide cover if McGregor continues to develop.