Hitzfelds Rotation System Sure Didnt work

I'm not surprised, Ribery especially was having a great game so to take him off with 30 mins to go and only ahead by a single goal was crazy. They showed disrespect to Bolton and got what they deserved :cowboy:

Who cares? They're still going to go through anyway, the important thing was not to lose and for Podolski to actually get a goal this season, plus bringing on Toni isn't exactly a mark of disrespect. What cost them was shit defending, not replacing strikers with other strikers.

I'm more referring to removing Ribery for the youngster than putting on Toni, I have no doubt that had ribery stayed on then Munich would have won the game as he was tearing Bolton apart and almost certainly would have generated another goal the way things were going.

That substitution changed the momentum of the game and gave Bolton the platform to go and build and they did that superbly and got the goal as a reward.

Just as the correct sub can win you the game the wrong one can cost you and this is the case in this game, poor management.

You could say because they didnt replace a defender that subs weren't a factor, but changing the momentum of the game is a huge factor in a result and had the momentum not changed then the error would never have occurred.

Put it this way, say we were playing and Beasley was running riot beating people for fun (much like Ribery was) and we subbed him off with 30 mins to go and lost a winning position, we would be all over WS for taking off Beasley.

I'm more referring to removing Ribery for the youngster than putting on Toni, I have no doubt that had ribery stayed on then Munich would have won the game as he was tearing Bolton apart and almost certainly would have generated another goal the way things were going.

That substitution changed the momentum of the game and gave Bolton the platform to go and build and they did that superbly and got the goal as a reward.

Just as the correct sub can win you the game the wrong one can cost you and this is the case in this game, poor management.

You could say because they didnt replace a defender that subs weren't a factor, but changing the momentum of the game is a huge factor in a result and had the momentum not changed then the error would never have occurred.

Put it this way, say we were playing and Beasley was running riot beating people for fun (much like Ribery was) and we subbed him off with 30 mins to go and lost a winning position, we would be all over WS for taking off Beasley.

exactly after Ribery came off Bolton started to get back into the game they hadn't been able to cope with him. As the commentator said Bolton were extremely happy when he was swapped.

Ah, think i got wrong end of the stick, sorry.

Yeah, taking Ribery off was silly, but maybe they wanted to protect him for the league which they are under alot more pressure to win. He was getting brought down alot just before he was subbed.

agree with this post

after last year i think that Bayer NEED to have a good Bundesliga campaign - i think that at 2 -1 up to bolton hitzfeld was thinkin "yeh, we're going to qualify, the worst that will probably happen here is that we get a draw, big deal"

they already got their result in Belgrade which was the most important game for them i think (and from watching highlights on eurosport the kid Krooz was influential)