Scotland vs Italy - Official Thread

Jasper

On Satuday Scotland play their biggest game in I dont know how long. A win sees us through to our first major tournament in 10 years, which has frankly been too long.

When the draw was made, I, like many others, gave us no chance. I honeslty did not fear France, as its been a while ive detested their overrated bunch of shit eating players. I made a fair whack laying them in their group stage at the WC against supposedly worse teams (except Togo, left that one well alone :lol: ). I honestly believed Ukraine would have been in the running till the end, plus ofcourse we had the World Champions to deal with.

After several games, and a great start by the team, eveyone stopped and thought "hang on a minute", as we realised that we could be on the verge of something spectacular.

However, it was at this point I realised we would not qualify. Simple really, as I believe UEFA to be one of the most corrupt organisations in the world. For one of the two biggest (footballing) nations in the world to miss out would be a financial disaster for UEFA. They need the biggest teams in the world to be competing at the finals, which generated them alot more in revenue. This point has been highlighted in the play off draw of the previous 2 European Championship tournaments, where in both draws, the 4 major teams were drawn against the smaller ones. Amazing eh? This where the hot/cold ball theory really makes some impact.

In our previous 2 games, we have been denied 3 penalties. We will not get a penalty on Satuday, no matter how injured our player may get in the box. Will Italy get a penalty? May not be needed, with a player like Pirlo to strike their set pieces they may only need to be awarded ridicuolous free kicks on the edge of the box.

Like every other Scot, I cannot wait for the game. I will still go out and enjoy it, get pished and have a good night. I know however how its going to pan out. I would love to be wrong, I would run up and down the streets naked if we qualify. But we wont.

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope we qualify and someone has a camera handy at the time! :pipehorse:

Do you go by another name? (Sculder by any chance) :D

I know what you mean about 3 penalties we weren't given but I don't think there is a conspiracy just shit referreeing! Anyway, we don't need a penalty kick to get a 1-0 win. As for revenue, if we got to the finals UEFA and local businesses would make a lot more money than what the Italians and French could generate, hell local businesses will need temporary use of warehouses to stock up on alcohol!

Whatever happens at the weekend, I will be mightily proud of the national team for what they have achieved and I'm now looking forward to the World Cup qualifiers without trepidation.

It's always the way with Scotland, so close and yet so far. To even be in with a shot at the last game is remarkable. So regardless of what happens we have done brilliantly and the bonus is our ranking has shot up and should stand us in good stead when the draw for the next qualification comes around

It's typical Scotland, except this will be by far our most glorius failure :craphead:

I hope I'm wrong, but the feeling I have is one of these so near, yet so far. (although I'm hugely proud of what Scotland have achieved already)

As for this "anti-football" thing, we play the same game they do, we just play it differently... to our strengths, to win... and at the end of the day, if they can't change the way they play to try to win, then they don't deserve to be in competitions ^_^ but anyway... Any line-up ideas?

on Saturday, the whole of Scotland comes together to cheer our national team on to hoepfully our first major tournament in 10 years, CMON THE SCOTLAND. cant wait!

the atmosphere at hampden is going to be incredible. expect the ground to be almost full by 4 o clock. the italians dont do well in scotland, only ever scored 1 goal here and if they have an off day they are there for the taking!

I dont think its going to be the 'so close yet so far' scenario a lot of fans think, although i dont blame you for thinking it as we have blown it so many times before.

I strongly fancy us to beat the Italians.. if we can get the first goal and give us something to defend then we will win IMO..if we lose the 1st goal its curtains, as the match fixers always have a way of hanging on for dear life.

what an atmosphere it will be!

I must admit my thoughts when we did not get those 3 stonewall penalties were that refs have been told to give us fuck all, to not get 1 is unlucky, to not get 3 is a disgrace. I canny imagine Italy NOT getting a penalty on Saturday if they need it.

cant say right now whether theyll get a pen or not. just have to wait and see how the game goes, if they are throwing themselves about (which they probably will) like the lithuanians then i can see them getting a pen. also depends on the ref, whether hes bribed or not :craphead:

cant say right now whether theyll get a pen or not. just have to wait and see how the game goes, if they are throwing themselves about (which they probably will) like the lithuanians then i can see them getting a pen. also depends on the ref, whether hes bribed or not :craphead:

the ice cream makers don't bribe do they? :pipehorse:

I canny imagine Italy NOT getting a penalty on Saturday if they need it.

Exactly.

Precisely what happened during the World Cup. Australia should have eliminated them in the group stage, instead they ended up winning it.