Hatton Vs. Mayweather thread

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that Mayweather is a jackass, but unfortunately he is also one of the most talented boxers of all time in terms of talent.

Mayweather is a big time favourite in this one. The only chance Hatton has is if he tries to rough him up, but Mayweather is perhaps too fast and too skilled for it too affect him, but...i'd love to see the grin knocked off of his face

Hopefully Hatton can win. Its gonna have to be his greatest performance yet, because I don't think hes fought anyone as talented as mayweather before. Got all the makings of a classic match!! Lets hope it lives up to all the hype.

Hopefully Hatton can win. Its gonna have to be his greatest performance yet, because I don't think hes fought anyone as talented as mayweather before. Got all the makings of a classic match!! Lets hope it lives up to all the hype.

i've never seen mayweather in a classic fight, he's either been far too fast (check his destruction of Arturo 'Thunder' Gatti) or too talented at boxing (against de la hoya, or baldomir, or judah) to get caught up in a war

Then again, when Hatton fought and defeated Kostya Tszyu he was the rank outsider and practically retired Tszyu with his pressure. I think Pretty Boy Floyd will win it on a decision

A lot of the Boxing greats are tipping Hatton for the win.

"Sugar" Ray Leonard, Roberto Duran, Oscar De La Hoya - promoter for the fight - , Lloyd Honeyghan is offering him advice and Junior Witter is cheering him on.

So, Mayweather respected as a boxer but not as a person?

"Sugar" Ray Leonard, Roberto Duran, Oscar De La Hoya - promoter for the fight - , Lloyd Honeyghan is offering him advice and Junior Witter is cheering him on.

Yeah, looks like it. Great boxer but a complete c*nt.

Its not just that though, Hatton's style of pressuring, bullying and body shots against Mayweather's defending and not getting hit is going to be great and some people (including me) can see Hatton beating him (tu)

Yeah, looks like it. Great boxer but a complete c*nt.

Its not just that though, Hatton's style of pressuring, bullying and body shots against Mayweather's defending and not getting hit is going to be great and some people (including me) can see Hatton beating him (tu)

Really looking forward it (tu)

Btw, when they quote your name as you think Hatton will win when they're reporting on the fight, RM will get good exposure ;)

Just watching Sky Sports lead up to this fight. Mayweather is from here in Grand Rapids. He's very good. But he's also way too arrogant for my taste. Does anyone think that Hatton has a chance? I'd love to see Mayweather go down.

Good post Ian. Ive seen both (on tv) and both are good no question.

I see Hatton winning early, 5th or 6th round.

Just watching Sky Sports lead up to this fight. Mayweather is from here in Grand Rapids. He's very good. But he's also way too arrogant for my taste. Does anyone think that Hatton has a chance? I'd love to see Mayweather go down.

Good post Ian. Ive seen both (on tv) and both are good no question.

I see Hatton winning early, 5th or 6th round.

that's pretty bold. i hope that you're right. you putting any money on it?

im pissed, Love boxing and love hatton and been waiting for this fight for ages. Then about a month ago the Mrs tells me she has booked us a holiday to Disney is Florida for our anniversary. I ask her what dates and she says our final night is Dec 8th! The Stupid Slag! How many times did I tell her about this fight. Now according to Disney, none of their establishments will be showing the fight

My last hope will be to pass the concierge some of the folding stuff so he can find a spot in Orlando itself.

URGH!

Awl use people who are paying for skybox office will be gutted if it lasts 10 seconds or somthing :craphead:

Not just tha fight though and it would be worth 15 quid to see Hatton win in 10 seconds :)

i wouldnt worry about that, seems like a gruelling twelve rounder to me

Awl use people who are paying for skybox office will be gutted if it lasts 10 seconds or somthing :craphead:

Not just tha fight though and it would be worth 15 quid to see Hatton win in 10 seconds :)

i wouldnt worry about that, seems like a gruelling twelve rounder to me

(tu) Or a late TKO.

Its the wrong fight at welter weight Mayweather will be to slick and strong, if it goes past 5-6 rounds cant see Mayweather loseing. I hope im wrong.

i dont think Mayweather will be too strong/big

hatton had problems against Collazo when he went up to 147lb last time, but that was cos he had less time to prepare, and more importantly, collazo was a big guy for welterweight who would have been significantly more than 147 at the time of the fight

this time ricky has been preparing for 147 for a long time, and once again importantly, Mayweather stays within 3 or 4 pounds of the welterweight limit when he is not in preperation for the fight (compared to hatton who pies his way up the pounds = this time he wont have too lose as much weight and can focus on his condition more)

but i agree that Mayweather is incredibly slick, as a pure boxer he is untouchable. Still a total dick though