Buffel told to drop wage demands *Daily Record*

feda16

Adding two grins to your post doesn't help you much btw m8 (tu)

You do have a problem with emoticons in posts don't you? :D

In what way does adding a couple of grins to my post not 'help me much'? I found your earlier response laughable and showed it? Anything wrong with that?

Why not actually address the valid points I post instead of taking the huff about the way I put my point across?

What! :D

You suggested there was no decrease - there certainly was - almost a quarter of his initial fee! If that's not a fair amount then I don't know what is - no matter what fee we're talking about! That applies to both Hinkel and Buffel's case (where it the %age decrease appears even more).

At no point did I suggest any drop had to be 'dramatically crushed' - I just said any fee would be affected!

You leave it there Danny - that hole could not get any deeper! Your grasp of basic football economics is the only weak/odd thing in this thread! :D

:D :D

Sorry :pipehorse:

You are a cheeky wee bassa Dado! I like it!!

:harhar: :harhar: :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I think we are all resigned to the fact that Buffel will be leaving , he certainly wont be able to hold down a first team place at Rangers any more, which IMO, is dissapointing

Indeed it is... not least from a potential transfer fee POV... ;)

Why did you say 'indeed it is' when you don't rate him? I think you said he's been a waste of money for not fulfilling his talent?

I don't see why you would agree it is disappointing if you personally don't rate him.

Thought you weren't talking any more? :D

I do think Buffel has been a waste of money over the years. However, I also appreciate that that is disappointing as one can see the positive virtues he does possess in his game.

As such, I'm disappointed these positive virtues have not ensured a better contribution from him.

Criticising a player and appreciating his talents need not be mutually exclusive! :D

I'm disappointed by the fact that he isnt even getting a chance to come back and prove his worth, he is just being left in the reserves to rot until he leaves. Not even being brought on as a sub now and again, its a poor show from WS IMO. Unless the story about him playing another game costing us 'X' amount of cash is true, then Smith has treated this player badly.

If he came in and performed well until the end of the season it would boost his transfer value as well and if he still wanted shot of him he could do so and we could get a good chunk of the money back from him. But right now he looks as though he will slip out the back door quietly in January

I'm disappointed by the fact that he isnt even getting a chance to come back and prove his worth, he is just being left in the reserves to rot until he leaves. Not even being brought on as a sub now and again, its a poor show from WS IMO. Unless the story about him playing another game costing us 'X' amount of cash is true, then Smith has treated this player badly.

If he came in and performed well until the end of the season it would boost his transfer value as well and if he still wanted shot of him he could do so and we could get a good chunk of the money back from him. But right now he looks as though he will slip out the back door quietly in January

I think the contract situation must be true.

As much as the negative parts of Buffel's game concerns me, I think his form in the reserves and our creative dearth in the team suggest we may have been a positive addition to the first team of late. As such, I share people's disappointment with the way his Rangers career has fizzled out - apparently on a combination of injury, contractual wrangles and general inconsistency when he has played.

:)

In what way does adding a couple of grins to my post not 'help me much'? I found your earlier response laughable and showed it? Anything wrong with that?

Yes. If you think it's a good part of quality to debate to laugh at the views of others, then your philosphy of debate is quite the contrary to most decent arguments.

Why not actually address the valid points I post instead of taking the huff about the way I put my point across?

In the way you ignored mine? I stopped conversing with you on the subject because I considered your view empty, baseless and struggling to hold any water. You failed to address my "valid points". I didn't laugh at your posts though :)

And I didn't take the huff ;)

I think we are all resigned to the fact that Buffel will be leaving , he certainly wont be able to hold down a first team place at Rangers any more, which IMO, is dissapointing

Why did you say 'indeed it is' when you don't rate him? I think you said he's been a waste of money for not fulfilling his talent?

I don't see why you would agree it is disappointing if you personally don't rate him.

About the issue of his value Frankie - mainly because I don't see any merit in your replies ;)

I do think Buffel has been a waste of money over the years. However, I also appreciate that that is disappointing as one can see the positive virtues he does possess in his game.

As such, I'm disappointed these positive virtues have not ensured a better contribution from him.

Criticising a player and appreciating his talents need not be mutually exclusive! :D

Not bad, I'm quite impressed by that wriggle :)

Boyd might just force his way back into the equation by default.

Cousins apparent lack of enthusiasm and JCD's injury worries mean that Boyd has jumped a lot further up the queue. I can't see us selling him in January although I think Buffel and Hemdani are the two most likely.

By default? Oh! dear. :(

Yes. If you think it's a good part of quality to debate to laugh at the views of others, then your philosphy of debate is quite the contrary to most decent arguments.

In the way you ignored mine? I stopped conversing with you on the subject because I considered your view empty, baseless and struggling to hold any water. You failed to address my "valid points". I didn't laugh at your posts though :)

And I didn't take the huff ;)

When something is funny, I laugh... Sorry if your sensitivities can't handle it... :D

I addressed every part of your argument - if I missed anything; please feel free to point it out and I'll try and answer. I assume you consider the people in this thread who agree with me empty and baseless as well? :D

About the issue of his value Frankie - mainly because I don't see any merit in your replies ;)

Not bad, I'm quite impressed by that wriggle :)

No wriggle! :D

A clear and valid explanation of my feelings about Buffel. Feelings I'm sure plenty other bears share going by the countless debates on him here and elsewhere.

As for my argument about his value again it's completely valid being simple primary school economics. Which you can't (or more accurately) won 't understand.