Our Centre halves

nvager

Our defence (as a unit) is really starting to give me the shits.We laugh at Celtics defence,but in reality they are no worse than we are(goals against average)

What do you think guys? :unsure:

Hi PB,

You are spot on.

I think mainly because D Weir needs a rest. He's been playing too much.

Hutton has gone off the boil and his temperament is letting him down with too many bookings.

Whittaker is better going forward but Papac is better defensively. We need a Left Back.

Cuellar is our rock.

Our midfield is so poor just now - they get overrun and it puts MORE pressure on the defence. Our midfielders just now are poor except Thomson who has come on.

BF, Adam, McCulloch are all static. Whittaker is NOT a midfielder. We need pace and guile in there. Someone NEW and QUALITY.

That would also take pressure off the defence.

Happy NY PB!! :beer2: :beer2: :beer2:

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Webster hasn't been fit since day one. No use keeping him.

Spot on (tu) .

Weir is a good organizer but seems to have troubel with small, nippy forwards. He's not finished yet but I think Broadfoot ought to be given some of chance.

Our defence (as a unit) is really starting to give me the shits.We laugh at Celtics defence,but in reality they are no worse than we are(goals against average)

What do you think guys? :unsure:

Hi PB,

You are spot on.

I think mainly because D Weir needs a rest. He's been playing too much.

Hutton has gone off the boil and his temperament is letting him down with too many bookings.

Whittaker is better going forward but Papac is better defensively. We need a Left Back.

Cuellar is our rock.

Our midfield is so poor just now - they get overrun and it puts MORE pressure on the defence. Our midfielders just now are poor except Thomson who has come on.

BF, Adam, McCulloch are all static. Whittaker is NOT a midfielder. We need pace and guile in there. Someone NEW and QUALITY.

That would also take pressure off the defence.

Happy NY PB!! :beer2: :beer2: :beer2:

Again, both posts spot on (tu)(tu) .

We need fresh blood in throughout the team. I wonder who will be brought in during January?

Yeh i do remember that actually but he was great for us on the park!

And i think his ego has taken a severe beating in the past few years!!

He was excellent for Auxerre, marvellous for us, then absolutely shambolic for both Newcastle and Juve.

Actually he had a few good games for us but against a big strong striker like DeVries he was shambolic and he was poor against small quick strikers.Watching re runs of his time here you can see he was not the class defender we ALL thought at the time and you can see how Marv bailed him out quite often.

Bombscare at Newcastle and in Serie B.

I strongly agree.

Yep, I always remember that day when we won 3-2 and Boumsong was bullied - no better word since Boumer was such an 'athlete'.

Do NOT want him back. I wouldn't want him or Soti back, they were as over-rated as McCulloch is as a midfielder. Infact, even more.

Oh for God's sake. A completely unrelated thread and you're still bitching on about loverboy. You're obsessed. Actually obsessed.

:lol: I used someone as an example, on the theme about players being over-rated! He came to mind, funnilly enough.

No one over rates LM. All you do is claim everyone does. And it's frankly like listening to a broken record. I thought I had an obsessive Buffel streak. Your anti LM obsession is bordering on psychosis.

Yeh i do remember that actually but he was great for us on the park!

And i think his ego has taken a severe beating in the past few years!!

He was excellent for Auxerre, marvellous for us, then absolutely shambolic for both Newcastle and Juve.

Actually he had a few good games for us but against a big strong striker like DeVries he was shambolic and he was poor against small quick strikers.Watching re runs of his time here you can see he was not the class defender we ALL thought at the time and you can see how Marv bailed him out quite often.

Bombscare at Newcastle and in Serie B.

I strongly agree.

Yep, I always remember that day when we won 3-2 and Boumsong was bullied - no better word since Boumer was such an 'athlete'.

Do NOT want him back. I wouldn't want him or Soti back, they were as over-rated as McCulloch is as a midfielder. Infact, even more.

Oh for God's sake. A completely unrelated thread and you're still bitching on about loverboy. You're obsessed. Actually obsessed.

:lol: I used someone as an example, on the theme about players being over-rated! He came to mind, funnilly enough.

No one over rates LM. All you do is claim everyone does. And it's frankly like listening to a broken record. I thought I had an obsessive Buffel streak. Your anti LM obsession is bordering on psychosis.

No, I disagree, I think quite a number of people over rate LM. Just because you say they don't mean that this isn't the case.

A broken record may well be true as I've doubted him and his style since the home zeta tie, but fewer people are saying I'm wrong these days thats for sure.