I've got this feeling(and I'm never wrong)

polar bear

It's probably the quietest transfer window I can remember as far as players we are bringing in so maybe it might just happen we get a pleasant surprise.

back to the way we used to sign players - the 1st anyone knew about it was when we revealed the player at a press conference !

Like PB I have a really strong feeling that WS is going to bring in someone very special within the next couple of weeks ....

from a good source i can tell you rangers have made contact with frank lampard (not chelsea, the player himself) over a move in the summer (tu)

You and your big yap, RDB. Today's Edmonton Journal has the following story on the front page of the sport section.

Rangers 'tapping up Lampard' claims Abramovich

In a scandal that has rocked British soccer north and south of the border, Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich has filed a formal complaint with both the English and Scottish Football Associations over alleged 'tapping up' of star Frank Lampard.

Under soccer regulations, clubs are banned from approaching players directly while they are still under contract to their existing club. Club chairman Bruce Buck noted angrily, "We've always had a good relationship with the Rangers organization and with their staff, but for this to happen is totally unacceptable." A formal inquiry by the English FA has already started and Scottish FA chairman, Gordon Smith, has cancelled New Year plans for a night out in Airdrie in order to address the growing crisis.

The Edmonton Journal understands the matter only came to Chelsea's attention after rumours surfaced on an internet site.

from a good source i can tell you rangers have made contact with frank lampard (not chelsea, the player himself) over a move in the summer (tu)

You and your big yap, RDB. Today's Edmonton Journal has the following story on the front page of the sport section.

In a scandal that has rocked British soccer north and south of the border, Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich has filed a formal complaint with both the English and Scottish Football Associations over alleged 'tapping up' of star Frank Lampard.

Under soccer regulations, clubs are banned from approaching players directly while they are still under contract to their existing club. Club chairman Bruce Buck noted angrily, "We've always had a good relationship with the Rangers organization and with their staff, but for this to happen is totally unacceptable." A formal inquiry by the English FA has already started and Scottish FA chairman, Gordon Smith, has cancelled New Year plans for a night out in Airdrie in order to address the growing crisis.

The Edmonton Journal understands the matter only came to Chelsea's attention after rumours surfaced on an internet site.

:craphead:

Aye, Frank Lampard Senior!

Even folk in the real world rip the piss out you mate :(

yes, that story was making a round in the papers here too. Apparently its a virtual certainty that he will move to Glasgow. (tu)

:coopoff:

If we sign Lampard I wil eat my next dump. Given that I have gastroenteritis the now, that is not a pretty thought.

:lol:

That we are going to be making an significant signing in the very near future.I know it's just a feeling,but it's pretty strong.Here's hoping. (tu):)

How's this feeling holding up Polar Bear?

Now that you're SOBER!!

:harhar: :harhar: :harhar:

yes, that story was making a round in the papers here too. Apparently its a virtual certainty that he will move to Glasgow. (tu)

:coopoff:

If we sign Lampard I wil eat my next dump. Given that I have gastroenteritis the now, that is not a pretty thought.

its not going to happen now

:craphead:

That we are going to be making an significant signing in the very near future.I know it's just a feeling,but it's pretty strong.Here's hoping. (tu):)

How's this feeling holding up Polar Bear?

I think Nvager might have hit the nail on the head. :rolleyes:

Aw man, what an anti climax..

From the end of this interview it sounds we'll be getting more or less feck all during this window. Funny how Walter plays mind games with Chick Young. (It's right at the end)..

http://news.bbc.co.uk/player/sol/newsid_71...s=1&bbcws=1

Walter playing mind games there Ted.You never know,we might still be right. :unsure:(tu)

From the end of this interview it sounds we'll be getting more or less feck all during this window. Funny how Walter plays mind games with Chick Young. (It's right at the end)..

Walter playing mind games there Ted.You never know,we might still be right. :unsure:(tu)

The same Smith that denied we would make any new signings up until a few hours before we clinched Naismith. I don't think we should always believe what Mr Smith says to the media!

Good points lads. I will remain optimistic that we will sign some real quality before the window closes. (It's an irritating time though, I've not been away from the tranfsfer board for longer than an hour and nothing new is getting posted.. ) :(

The same Smith that denied we would make any new signings up until a few hours before we clinched Naismith. I don't think we should always believe what Mr Smith says to the media!

I love the way Waltewr does business. (tu)

Aye, he tends to keep it to himself and pull off a surprise.

Aye, he tends to keep it to himself and pull off a surprise.

much classier that way. More the Rangers way.

None of Bain's nonsense with the 20 bids for Sebo.

I will never understand why its always left until the last minute. You would think that the managers would have identified signings PRIOR to the window opening and getting the deals done sooner (Like we did with Boyd). I dont imagine for a second that they say "Well thats the window open, lets look around for some talent" , but if they are going to sign someone you would hope it was sooner rather than later. TBH I dont think we need to buy anyone this window, as we have a fairly large squad with many not even having appeared yet. Keep the money for the summer and get 1 or 2 "blue chip" players in.