Smith's resolve to quit his position for Rangers..

Canadaready

speaks volumes about what it takes to be a bear! Every person on that team should look at his decision and take something from it...play for pride!

Agreed. He's left a cushy little job to come sort Rangers out.

I reckon Smith and McCoist will raise the morale of the team and getting them thinking they are goof

I actually feel that McCoist will have at least one of them by the throat up against a wall before the end of the first week <tankkk>. Don't forget Jock Wallace used to regularly punch them in the guts just to make sure the abs were coming along nicely ;).

speaks volumes about what it takes to be a bear! Every person on that team should look at his decision and take something from it...play for pride!

Yup sure is encouraging and the players could start to think along the same way aswell!! However all the anti-Rangers fans and the die hard Scotland fans are hurting badly and are annoyed because Walter is apparently "turning his backon his country" but a think we all know where is heart lies in football and thats with Rangers and he wants to get us out this mess we are currently in and get us bein number 1 team in Scotland again

What happens after Smith...this is only a short term knee jerk solution by my friend Murray to soften up the bears who are restless.

I still think it should have been Burley or Billy Boy Davies

What happens after Smith...this is only a short term knee jerk solution by my friend Murray to soften up the bears who are restless.

OMG -- heerrmmm I agree :blink: :wacko: well apart from Murray being your friend that is

OMG -- heerrmmm I agree :blink: :wacko: well apart from Murray being your friend that is

OMG ????

I think we'd all rest a bit more easy if he'd kinda get on with it.

He seems to have made his decision, now he just needs to quit Scotland and join us.

I'm sure a lot of the reports are saying that Walter comes in with Coisty to try and improve things and groom Coisty to be the long term manager.

Whether Walter is only here until the end of the season or spends two to three seasons in charge I don't know, but by that time, if SDM has a buyer then things would change again anyway.

so what credentials do Billy Davies and George Burley have that makes them great prospects to manage Rangers?

Davies has never managed at the top level. Did pretty well at Preston, and almost got them promoted a few times. When I see the word ALMOST associated to a coach I equate to to failure

Burley? Well, had a good season with Ipswich, got them promoted, then failed miserably in the EPL and got them relegated straight away. Has had a career of ups and downs but the UPs have never lasted more than a season and have never been at the top level. 3 months at hearts is about as good as it gets for him.

So why are these guys considered great prospects?

For my ideal model I go to Liverpool in the 20 years from the mid 60s - they had success with establishing a system and promoting from within. I say we get our young coaches in place now, have Walter run the ship for a few years, then let him hand over to the next in line, whether it be McCoist, Durrant, McCall, McDowell or whoever.

That way we are nto changing entire coaching staffs every few years and our team has consistancy of tactics, styles of play, etc etc etc

so what credentials do Billy Davies and George Burley have that makes them great prospects to manage Rangers?

Davies has never managed at the top level. Did pretty well at Preston, and almost got them promoted a few times. When I see the word ALMOST associated to a coach I equate to to failure

Davies manages at a higher level than the SPL - the Championship. Derby are second and doing very well under him.

As for 'almost' and 'failure' - PLG pretty much ticked those boxes.