Rangers youth development

Airdriebear

In the light of the recent Hutton carry on I was just wondering what you all thought about the promises that were given about the development of youth players.

I seem to recall not so long ago that we were informed that Rangers could no longer afford the big money signings and had to develop thier own talented players. So here we are with arguably one of the best right backs in europe, he was brought through the youth development setup and is the type of player we were told about, this is the dawning of a new era for Rangers as we bring through boys that have the club at heart. This is the future of our club.

As soon as Hutton has made a name for himself in the footballing world he is being forced out the door by the men at the top. In what way does this youth development benefit us? so we sell Hutton for £8 million and go looking for 2 or 3 players to buy for around £1.5 million each, the rest of the money will obviously go to the club debts or maybe the directors pockets.

Is it just me or have we been taken for a ride yet again, i just dont see any benefits from selling our best players. Are we turning into a feeder club for David Murrays pocket money, do we really feel that we can get by with minor players and get to the dizzy heights of champions league finals.

How can youth players like Fleck look into the first team and think that they will have a future with us?

It is not good enough that we have sold rights to our replica sales now we have to sell the better players we have.

Good post Airdrie. I think we saw in Ally's face when he replied to the Hutton question that, " we are all delighted in footballing terms that Hutton is staying". Did you see his face light up when saying that. So not everyone at Ibrox is trying to cash in on Hutton. I think that it is early day's of the Gers seeing a return for their money at Murray park so maybe SDM is just trying to recoup some of the outlay he put in. As for Fleck and co they should count their lucky stars they are given the chance to be at the Gers and just get on with it. You never know in the coming years we might be talking about the vast amount of players coming through and whose next to play in the wonderland that is Ibrox. Hutton will be remembered in the minds of all Rangers fans as the first truly great Rangers player to come through the ranks at Murray park. Have we been taken for a ride, i don't think so we are just starting out on the road that is Murray park and long may it reign in Scottish football and maybe beyond. WATP and don't let anyone tell you different.

Where does this nonsense that Murray uses our club as some form of personal cash stream come from? It's like some of us have chosen to believe some crazed Celtic fansite's rumours about "Dodgy Dave".

Sir David Murray is the best chairman in football, who has seen great success in his tenure, attracted huge names and paid for his own financial errors.

He can't help that the Scottish League isn't as financially viable as the Premiership.

It's like blaming the government for the weather. It's just senselessly using a fabricated target to rage against matters outwith your own control.

Its difficult turning down funny money from an English club. Tomorrow Hutton could conceivably break a leg in training. Where would we be then?

I'd prefer he stays but wouldnt lambast the chairman if he decided to sell.

Yea, we need to ride out the next 4 or 5 years without making too many financial problems for ourselfsbefore we catch up on the English market.

It seems that we mustn't be excited about what these youngsters can do for the Rangers team, but what they can do for our finances. This appears to be the situation going by Hutton and the club's apparent haste to cash in on him. If the likes of Fleck and Lennon do start showing signs they can perform at the highest level, will they be straight out the door to the highest bidder? It looks that way. That, it appears, is the club we are today.

Guest Andypendek

perhaps we may get lucky sometimes and unearth a player of the calibre and small-town mindset of a davie cooper. for the most part tho, we're going to hopefully rear players then sell them. i don't pretend to be happy about this but i can't see how the club hierarchy are to blame...do you imagine fans of ajax, who are a tad more successful than us in european terms, are happy to see their players leave, generation after generation?