Hamburg

GOAT

38 minutes ago, linfield1690 said:

I was wearing mine today :lol: went to work yesterday morning and seen the band oot so jumped aff the bus and walked was the band :lol:

It's an older white one i have, absolute peach of a top.

Aye the Grenadiers were out yesterday, they went through to Kirkintilloch for the big Royal Black annual parade.

Seen that, they went down to 10 men then scored 3, mental. They've been horrendous for years now, pumped 8-0 by Bayern last year and there's been a few similar. Would love to see them get back where they should be, fuck knows what it will take, hopefully not relegation..

Should make this the ***Hamburg 2017/18 Thread***

But yeah an absolute disaster.

They should have gone down a few years ago. It would have benefitted them a lot better like it did with Koln, Hertha Berlin and others by sorting their shit out and coming back stronger. Unfortunately Stuttgart and Hannover have come up and I don't think there are any teams in the league that are worse than them. Perhaps Mainz and Augsburg.

If they go down in this mess it may be a Sunderland scenario. 

Why on earth they sold Gregoritsch too I have no idea either.

Grim times.

10 hours ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Should make this the ***Hamburg 2017/18 Thread***

But yeah an absolute disaster.

They should have gone down a few years ago. It would have benefitted them a lot better like it did with Koln, Hertha Berlin and others by sorting their shit out and coming back stronger. Unfortunately Stuttgart and Hannover have come up and I don't think there are any teams in the league that are worse than them. Perhaps Mainz and Augsburg.

If they go down in this mess it may be a Sunderland scenario

Why on earth they sold Gregoritsch too I have no idea either.

Grim times.

Or a Norwich scenario who also came down and lost 1-3 at home to unbeaten Sunderland at the weekend.

What would the difference be if they went down now to sort their shit out rather than a few years back?

Genuine question, is it different money in the game or what?

13 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

Or a Norwich scenario who also came down and lost 1-3 at home to unbeaten Sunderland at the weekend.

What would the difference be if they went down now to sort their shit out rather than a few years back?

Genuine question, is it different money in the game or what?

I think if they had gone down a few years ago it would have sorted out all the issues they have in the wider football department quicker rather than delaying the inevitable.

The club is in a rut they need to shake themselves out of.

They have had problems at the Sporting Director level for years and have continually season after season recruited lower level calibre of players for the last 5 years.

For me its like Sunderland who would have benefitted going down a few years ago instead of scraping in year after year. If you look at Sunderland's squad now its absolutely terrible and yeah they have down well in the opening two games but they will struggle getting back up now.

I possibly should have compared it to Villa who are probably a similar standing to Hamburg and how they are struggling to get back up.

In terms of money the Bundesliga has a better deal in place since beginning of last season. 85% increase if I remember correctly however I don't think relegation is as bad because the deal covers the top two divisions.

• 2 weeks later...
20 hours ago, EdwardBlake said:

Hamburg finally get a win.

Winger Nicolai Muller celebrates scoring the winner against Augsburg and twists his knees ligaments. Daft bastard is now out for seven months.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40993069

It's a really good result. Especially against a side that they will be battling against for relegation.