Alan Hutton

staceym

from above link

Hutton closing in on Spurs move

Alan Hutton

Hutton played against St Mirren on Saturday

Rangers defender Alan Hutton has been in London to have signing talks with Tottenham Hotspur.

The two clubs agreed a fee of around £8m more than three weeks ago but Hutton stated his desire to remain with the Scottish Premier League leaders.

Since then, though, Spurs have improved the terms on offer to the Scotland international and the decision remains with the player.

Rangers say nothing has changed since the transfer fee was agreed.

Hutton signed a new five-year deal with the Ibrox side last July and any potential move to the north London club looked over after the player rejected a second bid.

MY SPORT: DEBATE

Are Rangers right to cash in on Alan Hutton?

But Spurs manager Juande Ramos has re-ignited his interest in the six-times capped attacking right-back and will hope to complete the deal before Thursday's transfer deadline.

last I heard is he's back up here couldnt agree terms.

its so frustrating this one, I dont think any fan wants him to go. I dont think the money we are making matters. He's more valuable to us on the park than he is cash in the bank. and I still think we are selling too cheap. we should at least have a couple of clauses involved i.e league appearances and % of next sale. (FMloyal)

I can see why Murray would want to sell and at the end of the day he has the final ruling. But walter and ally should be fighting tooth and nail to keep him.

Fair enough if he made his own mind up and chose to leave, as much as we might not like it. We have to respect his decision as its decent money that has been mentioned for him.

But here hoping we wake up on 01/02/08 and Hutton is still a ger (tu)

UPDATE

Hutton's Spurs transfer unlikely

Alan Hutton

Hutton played against St Mirren on Saturday

Rangers defender Alan Hutton will stay with the club until the end of the season despite holding signing talks with Spurs, BBC Scotland understands.

The two clubs agreed a fee of about £8m more than three weeks ago but Hutton, 23, stated his desire to remain with the Scottish Premier League leaders.

Spurs have since improved the terms on offer to the Scotland international and the decision remains with the player.

Rangers say nothing has changed since the transfer fee was agreed.

Hutton signed a new five-year deal with the Ibrox side last July and any potential move to the north London club looked over after the player rejected a second bid.

MY SPORT: DEBATE

Are Rangers right to cash in on Alan Hutton?

But Spurs manager Juande Ramos has rekindled his interest in the six-times capped attacking right-back.

Hutton travelled to London for talks on Sunday, but returned to Murray Park for training the following day.

However, BBC Scotland understands Hutton will not leave Ibrox before Thursday's transfer deadline, but may join the English Premier League outfit in the summer.

Just been on the evening times web site (flashing up as exclusive), Hutton is in London just now and is signing for spurs today

Daily Record website is also stating that he has empited his locker and Murray Park and jetted back down south to complete a £9m move.

To be honest, just wish someone from Rangers would let the fans know exactly what is happening.

Just received the undernoted on an email from Rangers:

ALAN HEADS TO WHITE HART LANE

ALAN HUTTON is set to become Scotland's most expensive player as he closes in on moving to Tottenham Hotspur today.

The Rangers full back has been chased by the London side all of this month and now they have got their man.

It is understood that the transfer fee could top the £9million Sunderland paid to Hearts for Craig Gordon, which is the current Scottish transfer fee record.

Rangers agreed a fee with Tottenham at the beginning of January but the 23-year-old intially turned down the chance to join Juande Ramos's side.

However, Spurs persisted in their overtures and following further discussions with the hugely talented Scotland star an agreement was reached. Once the formalities are completed, the deal will be done later today.