Cousin deal could collapse..

adamcs

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest therabbitt

anyone else noticed that everytime the media refer to Cousin's transfer to Rangers the price creeps up by a few hundred thou?? Started at 750k (by the RFC website) and is now up to 1.1mill.......

consipracies conspiracies......

Smith calls for FIFA to accept:

Rangers boss Walter Smith is hopeful Fifa will allow Daniel Cousin to join Fulham.

Fulham have agreed a £3million deal for the Gabon international and the player has held talks and underwent a medical at Craven Cottage.

However the move is being held up by Fifa red tape as rules stipulate players are not able to represent three clubs in one season.

Cousin played 20 minutes for Lens before signing for Rangers in August, but Smith is hoping Fifa will allow the 30-year-old's switch to West London to go through.

"The Cousin deal is in the balance but we are hopeful that Fifa will look at the situation sympathetically," Smith told Rangers TV.

"The player has expressed a desire to play in the Premiership and it is better for all concerned that the deal goes through."

Walts mind is made up then...

Smith calls for FIFA to accept:

Rangers boss Walter Smith is hopeful Fifa will allow Daniel Cousin to join Fulham.

Fulham have agreed a £3million deal for the Gabon international and the player has held talks and underwent a medical at Craven Cottage.

However the move is being held up by Fifa red tape as rules stipulate players are not able to represent three clubs in one season.

Cousin played 20 minutes for Lens before signing for Rangers in August, but Smith is hoping Fifa will allow the 30-year-old's switch to West London to go through.

"The Cousin deal is in the balance but we are hopeful that Fifa will look at the situation sympathetically," Smith told Rangers TV.

"The player has expressed a desire to play in the Premiership and it is better for all concerned that the deal goes through."

Walts mind is made up then...

Yep. Saw that bit and agree. Sadly, FIFA may not, since they don't like to grant special dispensation willy-nilly, which would render it not so special.

Daily Record:

"DANIEL COUSIN'S £3million move to Fulham could collapse unless the London club receive official clearance from FIFA to let him play in the English Premiership.

A deal was agreed to take the player south but FIFA last night confirmed they will have to be contacted and the switch approved by them before the French striker can play for Roy Hodgson's side.

The 30-year old joined Rangers before the close of the summer transfer window in a £1.1m move from Lens and has made 26 appearances. But his short involvement in the French side's first team this season could prove the stumbling block.

Cousin came on as a substitute for 21 minutes of Lens' opening league game of the season - a 1-0 defeat to Bordeaux - and FIFA rules prohibit a player from representing thrree clubs in one season.

(tu)

Guest johngers

I hope FIFA let him leave as his attitude is awful, even if he has scored a few in the last league games. Maybe then WS could get a decent striker as a replacement...

I think he's playing well on recent form and would accept him back if continued at that level.

However, Walter's words on the matter, "it's better for all parties that he leaves", suggest there may be something behind the scenes, possibly a signing to replace him. His other quote imply possibly not, but that could equate to being cagey.

pretty sure this deal will go through, might take a while though which could leave us struggling to get a replacement in and thats what concerns me. With JCD being injury prone i would like another striker in especially for europe assuming we will still play the lone striker formation

Tbh I hope he goes. I'm pretty sure Walter has a replacement in mind who is willing to come. If for instance its luke moore then surely swapping a player at Cousin's age for a young bloke with potential is a great bit of business even if we do need to pay an extra 500,00 to meet the 3.5m valuation.

pretty sure this deal will go through, might take a while though which could leave us struggling to get a replacement in and thats what concerns me. With JCD being injury prone i would like another striker in especially for europe assuming we will still play the lone striker formation

Considering JCD is banned for the next few UEFA cup games I think we can safely say Walter will have something organised.

Considering JCD is banned for the next few UEFA cup games I think we can safely say Walter will have something organised.

Has he bought him a Kris Boyd mask?

What happens if FIFA do not allow this move. I think they will but?,

Watty's made his mind up, so have the majority of us fans and Cousin probably wont be happy. We'll be left with a unhappy player who has no interest in playing for us.

I don't want him back, he's chosen money and sh*te over trophies and a big, big club.

?? :unsure:

What happens if FIFA do not allow this move. I think they will but?,

Watty's made his mind up, so have the majority of us fans and Cousin probably wont be happy. We'll be left with a unhappy player who has no interest in playing for us.

I don't want him back, he's chosen money and sh*te over trophies and a big, big club.

At least he can't hold the grudge against us, since we allowed him to move, FIFA blocked and his agent got him into that situation.

He may be motivated to play well to get that move in the summer.

?? :unsure:

JCD plays as Boyd.

Seems FIFA haven't heard of Cousin's case:

Daniel Cousin's £3m move from Rangers to Fulham was shrouded in confusion last night.

Rangers believe the transfer deal is being scrutinised by FIFA but world football's governing body last night said: "To the best of our knowledge, we have not received any official request to open a case regarding the transfer, and we would, therefore, not be in a position to comment on it."

Fulham also declined to comment last night on the situation.

Cousin appears to be in violation of the regulation that states that a player cannot play for three clubs in one season. The 30-year-old striker played 20 minutes for Lens at the start of the season before moving to Ibrox for £1m.

Walter Smith, the Rangers manager, said yesterday the move was "in the balance". He added, however: " We're hopeful that FIFA will look at the situation sympathetically. The player has expressed a desire to play in the Premiership and it is better for all concerned that the deal goes through."

Rangers are also hoping that midfielder Amdy Faye gets permission to join Blackburn Rovers. The Senegal midfielder played twice for Charlton Athletic in August.

Rangers are hopeful that FIFA will allow both players to play for their new clubs after granting permission to Javier Mascherano to sign for Liverpool last season after his earlier move from Corinthians to West Ham United.

http://www.theherald.co.uk/sport/headlines...Fulham_move.php

cant believe the support cousin is getting, personally someone who isnt commited to us doesnt belong here, pretty sure Ferguson talked hutton out of the move to Spurs and looks like he aint going out of his way for cousin, i think it would be best for all parties if he left, someone also said about Cousin scoring against the big teams? whom may i ask? 1 against Lyon and Boyd (when he hits form) is simply unstoppable, Boyd could have had up sticks by now but shown he is going to stay and fight for his 1st team place, Rangers FC should NOT be a stepping club for foreigners wanting to play for crappy EPL or championship teams, remember we ARE champions league material and also we WILL be champions this season!!