Diego Godin

Speuan

Plays for Villareal and was a rock against Barca, only 21, and would be an ideal partner for cuellar. not sure of his value , would be very difficult to get im I think but is exactly the kind of defender we neeed to replace davie weir.

Excellent, young player. Uruguay Internationalist and is being looked at by a number of clubs. Would never come to the SPHell. Way out our price range I'd imagine.

heh, I am sure he is pretty expensive, tried to find a lnk to see what Villareal paid. It is my opinion that while this may be out of our price range at te moment, it is the caliber of player we sould have at rangers and would be back to the days of having gazza and laudrup sign.

See surely we could be competing for these type of players before they sign for clubs like Villareal. He moved on a free so why cant we make moves for similair players, there was another thread yesterday about Ederson I think who plays for Nice but hed probably be out of our price range. Well why not make the moves for them before they move to Europe, I think the scouting at the club needs to be beefed up a bit. Better to spend £1m on scouting to save £2-3m on players. The only problem I would envisage would be work-permit problems with any non-EU players after all we can offer them excellent training facilities, decent wages, european football and the chance to impress teams in England.

normally it would be difficult due to work permit issues. this guy is different as he is already an internationalist. But I know what you mean, how good would it be just to hear our scouts reporting back from south america, africa, asia etc. instead of swindon.

Guest therabbitt

I dont even think our "scouts" get as far as Swindon, I believe our transfer activity is completely 100% agent-driven and we only "scout" players that agents come to us and say are available - completly the wrong way to go about it!

An agent will use any manky trick in the book to get their percentage. Other than that I think we have one scout on the books, the good ol Ewen Chester who must just sun himself in France, probably in Murray's lovely appartment (Anthoine Ponroy and William Stanger deal anyone?), and ring back every now and then with a glass of chardonnay and mention the next player that McLies ahs told him to go and watch cos he's managed to make him unhappy at his current club......