Thomas Buffel, what happens now the Window's over?

Boab

During the window, and especially near the end there was talk of a move to Marseille and Cologne.

At the Cologne rumour, Thomas mentioned that Rangers were looking a fee. It beggars belief to me why Bain would look for a transfer fee as he's not playing and on a high wage?

But what now?

Could he be given another chance, why on earth not IMO! He has useful qualities and Walter has little to lose surely...by doing so.

I was certain he was off.

He's still here.

The future is completely dark for him now. He's not going to feature unless there are loads of injuries.

And he's probably going to end up leaving for free tbh.

I would love to be wrong and he starts to feature, but I can't see it in a month of Sundays.

When I seen that we were looking for a fee I was astonished. I thought we had a right cheek, but truth be told we don't have a clue what's going on behind the scenes. The Gerry's might have been only willing to pay a percentage of his wages, and we might have been looking for a fee to make up our expenses for the remainder of the season.

We can only speculate about the transfer rumours, but the thing we know for certain is that Smith doesn't like him. Either that or these rumours about a fee owed to Feyenoord after a few more appearances aren't far from the truth. Then again, why would he come on as a sub the other week?

Regardless, I can't see him featuring much more the remainder of the season. He doesn't seem to fit in to Walters preferred side, and I think it will be another case of paying him off at the end of the season or maybe even before it. Its a shame that all that talent is to be wasted, but if Smith feels that it is best for the side then so be it.

We can only speculate about the transfer rumours, but the thing we know for certain is that Smith doesn't like him. Either that or these rumours about a fee owed to Feyenoord after a few more appearances aren't far from the truth. Then again, why would he come on as a sub the other week?

Perhaps with him stuck there, and maybe Cousin gone, if Davis doesn't do a job, he could get a call, perhaps even on Sunday.

We've got plenty of cash and may have expected him to be off.

Things may have changed slightly for him. Even Hutton's departure may increase his chances indirectly since Hutton was a creative player who opened the game up.

Buffel has driven 2 other managers nuts when given a chance - by his inconsistency of play and effort. Maybe WS has talked to them or seen what's happened and just does not want to rely on TB.

It is sad all round as TB is talented, but its HIS fault that he is in this position.

I would use him in emergencies by all means, but yes I can see where WS is coming from. That said I would always play him before CA who I feel is REALLY useless.

I hope S Davis solves this problem. We need him to.