Gers Appeal McGregor Decision

Davy

Rangers will formally appeal to the SFA to have Allan McGregor's sending off in the Scottish Cup Fifth Round tie with Hibs at the weekend overturned.

McGregor was red carded after referee Craig Thomson judged that he had fouled Dean Shiels on the edge of the box with minutes to go in the pulsating cup tie.

The keeper clearly felt the decision was incorrect, claiming he reached the ball ahead of the Hibs man, and having reviewed video footage of the incident, the club have moved to have the red card rescinded.

The SFA will make a final decision on the matter, with normal practice involving a video review panel consisting of former referees, players and coaches who analyse any available footage.

If the ordering off is over turned, the Rangers number one will again be eligible to take his place between the sticks when the two sides meet again to the replay the tie, on a date yet to be fixed by the SFA.

http://www.rangers.premiumtv.co.uk/page/Ne...1232336,00.html

I can't see us winning this appeal at all.

When did he touch the ball outside the area with his hand? I only remember him going for the tackle with his feet....do I remember it wrong?

No m8. Ur spot on!!! (tu) Duno where this talk of a hand came from???

The keeper clearly felt the decision was incorrect, claiming he reached the ball ahead of the Hibs man

In which case he gets sent off for handling outside the area :rolleyes:

He touched the ball with his foot not his hand.... although still don't see it being succesful

Didn't realise that.

You couldn't see it well from where I was.

As I didn't see the game I haven't got a clue, I took it from the reports and probably misunderstood thinking it was a hand.

If it was a case he used his feet to clear the ball then Rangers might have a case, as apparently the ref admitted that McGregor did get a touch of the ball, but he deemed it wasn't enough contact with the ball not to send McGregor off.

Saw the replay last night. Hand was no where near the ball, his foot got the slightest of touches on the ball, Super said the same.

You know the SFA, the red card will stand.