Being too attacking is what has cost us.

OlegKuznetsov

When we opened up against Stuttgart, we lost a match we should have won.

Against Lyon at home, we pushed up and lost the early goal which forced us to chase it.

A draw was enough against Lyon and we should have held them to 0-0.

I contend that on these two occasions, being too attacking has cost us.

needs no arguement against. this is total tosh. <_<

if were too attacking id hate to see us being defensive!! <cr>

That's fortunate for you considering you don't appear to have one.

always comes back to the same thing eh. do u think we attacked too much in lyon? next u will say we attacked too much against barca :lol:

Against Lyon at home, we pushed up and lost the early goal which forced us to chase it.

(tu)

In Stuttgart we played 4-5-1, created a good number of chances, scored goals..........then we switched to 4-4-2 and lost the third goal.

The 'system' debate is a lot of crap. We haven't created more chances or scored any more goals playing 4-4-2 compared to 4-5-1. The quality of our play is also not any better playing 4-4-2.

The debate has become far too simplistic, dominated by discontented voices that seem to be more concerned by what they are seeing on paper, rather than what the reality is on the park and too many fans seem to hold the belief that they know better than the manager. And a lot of top coaches across europe in fact that don't use 4-4-2.

we went to stuttgart with nothing to lose and everything to gain, but no the same old negative tactics.

Perfect example of being more concerned about 'paper tactics' rather than what happens in reality, on the pitch.

We created a good number of chances that night, scored two goals, game could have gone either way........I fail to see what was so 'negative' about us that night.

always comes back to the same thing eh. do u think we attacked too much in lyon? next u will say we attacked too much against barca :lol:

I'll respond when you get the right game.

(tu)

In Stuttgart we played 4-5-1, created a good number of chances, scored goals..........then we switched to 4-4-2 and lost the third goal.

The 'system' debate is a lot of crap. We haven't created more chances or scored any more goals playing 4-4-2 compared to 4-5-1. The quality of our play is also not any better playing 4-4-2.

The debate has become far too simplistic, dominated by discontented voices that seem to be more concerned by what they are seeing on paper, rather than what the reality is on the park and too many fans seem to hold the belief that they know better than the manager. And a lot of top coaches across europe in fact that don't use 4-4-2.

we went to stuttgart with nothing to lose and everything to gain, but no the same old negative tactics.

Perfect example of being more concerned about 'paper tactics' rather than what happens in reality, on the pitch.

We created a good number of chances that night, scored two goals, game could have gone either way........I fail to see what was so 'negative' about us that night.

4-5-1 with darcheville as the lone striker with adam and beasley as wingers.

beasley who was crap that night and got injured by being to scared to shoot.

We lost against Stuttgart because of defensive incompetance and falling back to quickly INSTEAD of killing the game when we had the Germans on the rack.

We lost a stupid early goal v Lyon because of shoddy play and defensive incompetance. We then played with one up front for the best part of 90 mins and never once threatened them. We collapsed because Walter left the changes too late and the back door open.

We lost 4-2 to Hearts for the same reasons as above.

We lost to Osasuna for the same reasons as above.

Yes, we are better than Le Guen but we'd better start wakening up that we're not invincible.

We lost against Stuttgart because of defensive incompetance and falling back to quickly INSTEAD of killing the game when we had the Germans on the rack.

We lost a stupid early goal v Lyon because of shoddy play and defensive incompetance. We then played with one up front for the best part of 90 mins and never once threatened them. We collapsed because Walter left the changes too late and the back door open.

We lost 4-2 to Hearts for the same reasons as above.

We lost to Osasuna for the same reasons as above.

Yes, we are better than Le Guen but we'd better start wakening up that we're not invincible.

So we didn't put enough emphasis on defence?

Its all McGregors fault :lol:

thats the best one ive heard ye bauba dont hold back :rolleyes:

Ah, a revisionist - I like you guys

Really

never said it was ALL his fault - but he conceded 2 goals from mistakes which in all probability cost us 2 points

this is a fair point. a club the size of rangers should not have a beginner in goals.

mcgregor is a good keeper - but one that suits the wage structure of the club at the present time and that's not good enough.

a first class keeper like van der sar, cudiccini (or whatever the fug you spell it) is to be expected.

it's the one position that should not be compromised and results have borne this out. Bauba is perfectly correct in what he is saying.

However I have high hopes in mcgregor progressiing to become the keeper we hope he can be shortly.

just don't hing aboot son.

You can't blame McGregor for our exit - the team were not good enough in Stuttgart or at Ibrox vs Lyon. We should have won vs Stuttgart we were all over them for large parts of the game, but we let them back in with some piss-poor defending. Against Lyon we were never in the game, and the Darcheville chance was our only stone-wall chance.

I'll respond when you get the right game.

if u read my response correctly u would :craphead: