Would the travelling support tonight be justified at taking offence if we sing or play The Dambusters March through the PA? On one hand I feel that since our rivalry with Bremen is only a sporting one it is a little much to play something that could make them feel uncomfortable, but I also think that we should be allowed to feel pride at fighting fascism when no one else would, and the Germans have to respect that as part of our culture

post-217-1204783142_thumb.jpg

Would the travelling support tonight be justified at taking offence if we sing or play The Dambusters March through the PA? On one hand I feel that since our rivalry with Bremen is only a sporting one it is a little much to play something that could make them feel uncomfortable, but I also think that we should be allowed to feel pride at fighting fascism when no one else would, and the Germans have to respect that as part of our culture

They probably wouldn't care but Nakered motor would take offence.

Probably no more offended than we would be if they started singing songs about bombing the shit out of Clydebank. ;)

Guest Andypendek

its a fair question, but from the little i know germany and germans appear to have reconciled themselves to their history, and as such would likely to be not bothered and maybe a little condescending that we remain slightly obsessed with that era.

of course i could be totally wrong!

I don't think it's an obsession, it's just we have been brought up watching films and factual documentaries about the war and so it's natural to make the association. Needless to say that doesn't mean we think the modern Germans are like the Germans of that era, it's really just a bit of humour now and I hope they can share in the joke :D

They probably wouldn't care but Nakered motor would take offence.

Who mentioned bridge building :cool: