Walters reluctance to change

southdown

I have posted on this site previously about the lack of opportunities the likes of Buffell and Gow have been given but early in the season Walter thought he could rest Barry against Hearts and it was disastrous, our worst performance of the season. First half of that game Amdy Faye was rank and has never been given a second chance. Walter learned his lesson from that game and apart from putting out a very defensive side against Hibs at Ibrox his teams have been solid.

He knows the players who are going to do it for him now and unless these players suffer a drastic loss of form or get injured they are the ones who are going to carry us through until the end. Sure he is going to rotate midfield and front players with twenty minutes or so to go to keep them fresh and on their toes but this group of players know that they are on the brink of greatness. I just hope that they have learned from the Partick and Utd. cup game that we must be up for every game now. The team, more than ever now are the scalp that all teams want to have.

I have posted on this site previously about the lack of opportunities the likes of Buffell and Gow have been given but early in the season Walter thought he could rest Barry against Hearts and it was disastrous, our worst performance of the season. First half of that game Amdy Faye was rank and has never been given a second chance. Walter learned his lesson from that game and apart from putting out a very defensive side against Hibs at Ibrox his teams have been solid.

He knows the players who are going to do it for him now and unless these players suffer a drastic loss of form or get injured they are the ones who are going to carry us through until the end. Sure he is going to rotate midfield and front players with twenty minutes or so to go to keep them fresh and on their toes but this group of players know that they are on the brink of greatness. I just hope that they have learned from the Partick and Utd. cup game that we must be up for every game now. The team, more than ever now are the scalp that all teams want to have.

I would agree with you and expect that same core to represent us to the bitter end.

Much as i agree in the most part, to compare our midfield v Hearts to that now is unfair given we now have an on form Thommo and Steven Davis as part of it, I reckon Fergie could be rested in certain games.

Not true.

Amdy Faye was given a first half at Tannadice and we lost there too. He was also given one or two sub appearances.

Ferguson is not relied upon nearly as much now as he was 6 months ago. However, I'm not sure if I would risk dropping him in the near future, he is still an inspirational and experienced player, and to lose him may upset the balance of the side. Partick away is the only one where I would definately leave him out.

On the whole, I agree with the original post. There's no point risking anyone at the moment. The tried and tested has worked. I'm sick of hearing people saying "bring back Buffel." Do you not remember how ineffective he has been since we signed him. Other than a few nice touches and flicks every tenth game, he did very little of note because he was too much of a chicken. There's a reason we're not willing to play the extra 500k or whatever it is, it's becuase he's not good enough, not just because we're too stingey.

Ferguson is not relied upon nearly as much now as he was 6 months ago. However, I'm not sure if I would risk dropping him in the near future, he is still an inspirational and experienced player, and to lose him may upset the balance of the side. Partick away is the only one where I would definately leave him out.

On the whole, I agree with the original post. There's no point risking anyone at the moment. The tried and tested has worked. I'm sick of hearing people saying "bring back Buffel." Do you not remember how ineffective he has been since we signed him. Other than a few nice touches and flicks every tenth game, he did very little of note because he was too much of a chicken. There's a reason we're not willing to play the extra 500k or whatever it is, it's becuase he's not good enough, not just because we're too stingey.

Yeah, he never scored great goals or set any up in Old Firm matches, Champions' League matches or season finales. doh:rolleyes:

Yeah, he never scored great goals or set any up in Old Firm matches, Champions' League matches or season finales. doh:rolleyes:

That was early in his career. Ever since 05/06, he has showed very little to merit a regular place. He went missing in so many games in 05/06 and at the start of last season, and I, like many other fans, lost patience with him. I don't get to see reserve games, but the match reports seem to suggest that he's not exactly playing out of skin and really pushing for a place.