Did Walter lie to us?

papaguy51

ARRRRRRRRGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Had to get that out.

Now, I just paid £43 for that shambles. I was listening to Walter on the news yesterday about how we'd need to go more attacking against Sporting and it made me look forward to that game.

So I ask, was he lying to us?

I lost count of the number of times our midfield was 40+ yards away from Darche when he was trying to hold up the ball. I know we've not been great recently, but that was simply fucking abysmal.

I'm going to say it, and I know I'll get pilloried from some people for this - I would have preferred us to play flowing football and got beaten tonight rather than what we did. Maybe it's because I'm not that interested in the UEFA Cup, but fuck me. For £43, you'd think the players/management would have tried a bit harder to put on a good show.

Guest Andypendek

you're entitled, after shelling out that much.

but i can't think he was deliberating bullshitting. what would be the point?

I don't really know what he was doing.

If he'd said 'Yes, there a good team and we will try to contain them', then fair does.

The fact is - they actually aren't even that good.

i also thought we would try something different tonight , when the team was announced I realised we were in for a long night , every team who watch us before they play us will see ,how we play , we seem incapable of changing our system on a game to game basis , 4-5-1 may be effective in some games but not all games , with 20mins to go we should have tried to change things and go for the goal that could have made the difference , but no, a striker off and another on , i am bitterly dissapointed with our managers negativity at times , we pay a lot of money to suport our team at ibrox , tonight it felt like a total waste of time , money and effort to attend the game

a real anti-climax - or just pish

i also thought we would try something different tonight , when the team was announced I realised we were in for a long night , every team who watch us before they play us will see ,how we play , we seem incapable of changing our system on a game to game basis , 4-5-1 may be effective in some games but not all games , with 20mins to go we should have tried to change things and go for the goal that could have made the difference , but no, a striker off and another on , i am bitterly dissapointed with our managers negativity at times , we pay a lot of money to suport our team at ibrox , tonight it felt like a total waste of time , money and effort to attend the game

When he brought Darcheville off for Novo...I could have left for the subway then to be perfectly honest. It was a JOKE decision.

When he brought Darcheville off for Novo...I could have left for the subway then to be perfectly honest. It was a JOKE decision.

me too , 20 mins to go i thought we would have 2 strikers on , and go for the goal we needed , but no we just hung on

we cannot use the word tired , because the manager had another 2 substitutions tonight he could have made, but he chose not to do so.

Had to get that out.

Now, I just paid £43 for that shambles. I was listening to Walter on the news yesterday about how we'd need to go more attacking against Sporting and it made me look forward to that game.

I lost count of the number of times our midfield was 40+ yards away from Darche when he was trying to hold up the ball. I know we've not been great recently, but that was simply fucking abysmal.

I'm going to say it, and I know I'll get pilloried from some people for this - I would have preferred us to play flowing football and got beaten tonight rather than what we did. Maybe it's because I'm not that interested in the UEFA Cup, but fuck me. For £43, you'd think the players/management would have tried a bit harder to put on a good show.

We don't have the players yet to play flowing football, and what kind of supporter would rather we got beat while trying to play that style. doh

As for the £43. You say you drive a Merc, surely £43 is fuck all to a guy like you. :craphead:

Me, I just love the club. :rangers:

Had to get that out.

We don't have the players yet to play flowing football, and what kind of supporter would rather we got beat while trying to play that style. doh

As for the £43. You say you drive a Merc, surely £43 is fuck all to a guy like you. :craphead:

What, is this a class thing now?

Honestly, maybe I'm just boiling over a bit, but in players like Burke/Naismith/Davis/Ferguson/Thomson/JCD/Novo, we do have players that CAN play a wee bit better stuff.

I think we could have got a couple of goals if we'd played a bit more attacking, that's maybe the root of my gripe here Eric.

Had to get that out.

What, is this a class thing now?

Honestly, maybe I'm just boiling over a bit, but in players like Burke/Naismith/Davis/Ferguson/Thomson/JCD/Novo, we do have players that CAN play a wee bit better stuff.

I think we could have got a couple of goals if we'd played a bit more attacking, that's maybe the root of my gripe here Eric.

We could have had a couple of goals mate. But I think it's more important to make sure that they don't get the away goal.

We succeeded there and the pressure is now on Sporting Lisbon. I'm happy.

If only the rest of us were like that...

I don't slag off Rangers or Rangers players at any time. I couldn't give a fuck for the guys on here that do.

Rangers are my club and will always have my undivided support. Just like the seventies and eighties. :)

I think the guys that boo our team off the park in any game have to take a look at their allegiance. :rangers: