Helicopter McDonald POTY ?

staceym

Did I see right the other day? Robson has been nominated!?

He had a good first half of the year, granted, but he has done nothing since going to Celtic. By the same logic, should Hutton not be in the running aswell?

No place for McGregor either? Disgrace.

I'm playing Devil's Advocate but you could argue that McGregor has only really been putting in POTY level performances in the past couple of months, perhaps since Breman away.

Cast your mind back to just before Christmas. People were still criticising him: particularly after his errors in the Stuttgart and Lyon games and some people were even saying Carroll would be worth a shout in goal.

I had a pop at him after his errors in Europe aswell, but he still has been extremely consistent all season. He probably doesn't deserve to win it, but never in a million years does Barry Robson!

No, he's been improving all season, not consistent.

I agree Robson doesn't either - that selection is bizarre.

Did I see right the other day? Robson has been nominated!?

He had a good first half of the year, granted, but he has done nothing since going to Celtic. By the same logic, should Hutton not be in the running aswell?

No place for McGregor either? Disgrace.

I'm playing Devil's Advocate but you could argue that McGregor has only really been putting in POTY level performances in the past couple of months.

Cast your mind back to just before Christmas. People were still criticising him: particularly after his errors in the Stuttgart and Lyon games and some people were even saying Carroll would be worth a shout in goal.

No doubt the same people who decided that Hutton wasn't good enough after a poor patch, or that Kevin Thomson wasn't up to Rangers standard.

The mind boggles...

Think mcgeady has prob won it cos they're a bunch of bias tim c*nts.

3 tims in the final four is fucking shock. We have been the outstanding team this season and only one of our lads gets in.

Fuckin shocking and a fix. Bunch of tim bastards.

And no Scott McDonald shouldn't get it. He won us the leauge a few seasons back he's a fucking tim now. How the hell should he get POTY....becasuse he scored two goals three years back when he was with another team. Get a grip.

ok....here we go again...

HELICOPTER SUNDAY!

what a GREAT day!!! And I was on a plane from Glasgow back to Canada when it all happened! :rangers:

ah the memories ill watch the 51 and counting DVD later on :crabgreen:

Is the award based on performances in the SPL only?

you would think so, otherwise it wouldnt be fair on players that never had the oppportunity to play in europe. but its surely impossible to not be thinking bout euro displays etc when lookin at how good a player has been in a season?

Robson getting a nomination is a joke. If he had stayed at Utd then yes, but since he moved to celtic he's only started 3 games. Candidate for player of the first half of the season, never whole season.

Agree with the above, Robson as a Utd player was a different matter. POTY this season has just become a sop for Celtic fans.

Robson getting a nomination is a joke. If he had stayed at Utd then yes, but since he moved to celtic he's only started 3 games. Candidate for player of the first half of the season, never whole season.

Agree with the above, Robson as a Utd player was a different matter. POTY this season has just become a sop for Celtic fans.

It's been this way at least since Eck took over. POTY, Fair Play awards, and the discipline commitee.

It's a joke.

:blink:

don't you remember helicopter sunday mcdonald score twice for the mighty well

dont think there a ger alive that doesnt remember everything aboot that day stacy, bt the fact is he left motherwell 4 them and how can u gi player of the year 2 a grumpy wee shite that takes the huff wen subd, why he givin wgs a hard time? he a legend.

I was only kidding there is only one POTY king carlos

:bouncy: