Cousin Boyd Partnership?

Two so called lazy but prolific strikers. I personally would much rather a workhorse such as JCD or Novo playing up with either of them.

spot on, can't see the two of them working too well together as neither of them is a great worker

Started together in the 4-2 defeat to Hearts, no ? Not saying that means the partnership is doomed to failure, but as TEB said, I'd rather a more willing runner was to partner one of the two (well, Cousin ;)), whenever we put a 4-4-2 into practice.

Started together in the 4-2 defeat to Hearts, no ? Not saying that means the partnership is doomed to failure, but as TEB said, I'd rather a more willing runner was to partner one of the two (well, Cousin ;)), whenever we put a 4-4-2 into practice.

Thats when cousin didnt give a feck.

Two so called lazy but prolific strikers. I personally would much rather a workhorse such as JCD or Novo playing up with either of them.

tbh darcheville isnt a workhorse,a would say he does about as much running as cousin an boyd

Cousin HAS ALWAYS given 100% on the park

I've consistently supported Cousin, even after the 0-3 defeat to Lyon I posted a topic on here supporting him, and don't go along with the argument that Cousin went through a period of 'not giving a feck'. I just think some people were failing to identify his strengths, and perhaps had him down as being a more dynamic, hardworking Mark Hately or Dado Prso figure.

Some of his performances in the first half of the season were impressive. Celtic 3-0, Barca 0-0, Lyon 3-0........

Fans were still booing his name being read out on the team sheet before games not so long ago. He got booed on against Panathanaikos. I don't think Cousin has changed all that much, I just think the fans have grown to accept him.

It doesnt matter who Boyd plays with, he still plays as bad.

66 goals in 72 starts..

Imagine if he played good.. :craphead:

Scoring a goal does not mean youve had a good game.

A team could get beat 8-1 every week, but have a fat, lazy player who moaches and gets a goal

66 goals in 72 starts..

A team could get beat 8-1 every week, but have a fat, lazy player who moaches and gets a goal

Honestly i couldn't care if he has a good game, or looks good on the pitch, if theres a goal in the net, and an extra number on the scoreboard and gets us 3 points..im happy.

66 goals in 72 starts..

Honestly i couldn't care if he has a good game, or looks good on the pitch, if theres a goal in the net, and an extra number on the scoreboard and gets us 3 points..im happy.

He played on Sunday

He played in a 4-4-2

Done very little, but scored

We drew 3-3

We didnt win

66 goals in 72 starts..

He played on Sunday

He played in a 4-4-2

Done very little, but scored

We drew 3-3

We didnt win

:lol: Got us a goal on the board, the draw wasn't down to HIM on his own, it was down to some dodgy defensive work, he got the goals needed, our team conceded more..

Like i said, goal, score, points. Happy.

Its not his fault we lose games, he's not a defender, he's there to get us goals and get an advantage in the game, its up to cuellar and co to do the work at the other end..

66 goals in 72 starts..

Agreed, but just to throw in a wee stat........we've dropped points in 6 games this season in the league. Boyd has started in 4 of those. One of the two where we dropped points without Boyd starting was Pittodrie, 1-1, where McCulloch was sent off early doors, so wasn't such a bad result on reflection. But still, pure stats, 6 dropped, Boyd started in 4. So does starting Boyd make such a difference on whether or not we'll take 3 points ?

Not saying that's hard evidence that proves a point, but nonetheless, I like throwing wee stats into debates now and then ;)

66 goals in 72 starts..

Agreed, but just to throw in a wee stat........we've dropped points in 6 games this season in the league. Boyd has started in 4 of those. One of the two where we dropped points without Boyd starting was Pittodrie, 1-1, where McCulloch was sent off early doors, so wasn't such a bad result on reflection. But still, pure stats, 6 dropped, Boyd started in 4. So does starting Boyd make such a difference on whether or not we'll take 3 points ?

Not saying that's hard evidence that proves a point, but nonetheless, I like throwing wee stats into debates now and then ;)

I have no stats..so 1-0 to you...

For now! :shifty:

:lol: Got us a goal on the board, the draw wasn't down to HIM on his own, it was down to some dodgy defensive work, he got the goals needed, our team conceded more..

Its not his fault we lose games, he's not a defender, he's there to get us goals and get an advantage in the game, its up to cuellar and co to do the work at the other end..

You defend as a team..... Just like you win as a team. Individuals do nothing.

You defend from the front. Your goalkeeper is only as good as your defenders, your defenders are only as good as your midfielders and your midfielders are only as good as your strikers.

We couldnt get the ball for long periods of the UTD game, the ball wasnt sticking upfront and therefore put more pressure on the defenders and midfielders.

4-5-1 works best for Rangers and that means Boyd sits on the bench

You defend as a team..... Just like you win as a team. Individuals do nothing.

You defend from the front. Your goalkeeper is only as good as your defenders, your defenders are only as good as your midfielders and your midfielders are only as good as your strikers.

We couldnt get the ball for long periods of the UTD game, the ball wasnt sticking upfront and therefore put more pressure on the defenders and midfielders.

4-5-1 works best for Rangers and that means Boyd sits on the bench

This bold bit would be true in some cases, but most of the time if our strikers shoots per se, then their goalie normally kicks it out towards our midfield/defense, skipping the MIDFIELD ONLY AS GOOD AS STRIKER..part..

Leaving it to go the opposite way as we attack..

STRIKERS ONLY AS GOOD AS MIDFIELD..in the attacking case.

:craphead: Couldn't really care, i just think 66 in 72 is bloody decent and his goals help us in alot of games.

Ally did very little but score, so i guess that means Souness was right to leave him on the bench no matter what he did? :craphead:

I'm sorry but i really can't swallow all this rubbish, a striker's main job is to score goals, yes all the other stuff would be great but the position of a striker was created so someone would be near the goal and therefor be in the best position to put the ball in the back of the net. <cr> If i was Boyd i'd walk out right now, the manager hates him and quite a large section of the fans hate him.

Ally did very little but score, so i guess that means Souness was right to leave him on the bench no matter what he did? :craphead:

I'm sorry but i really can't swallow all this rubbish, a striker's main job is to score goals, yes all the other stuff would be great but the position of a striker was created so someone would be near the goal and therefor be in the best position to put the ball in the back of the net. <cr> If i was Boyd i'd walk out right now, the manager hates him and quite a large section of the fans hate him.

Ally was a much better footballer, and wasn't anything like as one dimensional as Boyd.

As for a large section of the fans hating him, I don't think that's the case at all. Firstly I think the word 'hate' is inaccurate. Secondly I think the feeling on this forum doesn't represent the feeling of the support at the games. Boyd gets cheered louder than any other player, whereas Cousin's name has been booed before games when the team sheet is read out. Boyd's name is sang when he's sitting on the bench.......Cousin has been booed when he's ran on as a substitution.

Boyd wouldnt walk out on Rangers.

Where else would he go? Noone bid for him in January, every top manager on the planet know that Kris Boyd is not what their TEAM needs.

If he did leave, he'd be part of a relegation battle in the Premiership or playing for a Champiionship team.

He might get goals, but his TEAM would lose more often than not