Having Seen Fiorentina

I seen one or two...

• The main one for me was Liverani's tendancy to give the ball away cheaply, and it was often when he wasn't even under pressure. Surely next week we should be looking to get Thomson in and about him next week and hopefully we can force him into making a few more errors.
  • Jorgensen, is a winger being asked to play at full back and I think if we can get a powerful runner like Novo or JCD running at him we could cause him problems.
  • Mutu's sulking also stood out. If we can us a few underhanded tactics on him, standing on his feet, nipping his arm and generally noising him up he might take the huff and not bother his arse.

Did you notice anything that we should look to exploit next week?

Put a few challenges in on that cb early on and he'll be raging the whole match.

didnt see him stop complaing the whole game!

That was the other one I noticed, but i couldn't spell his name and I'm not arsed to look it up :lol:

For a big guy, he didn't seem to like the rough and tumble too much.

Don't agree about Jorgensen being a weak link. He looked to be very comfortable on the right and played whittaker very well.

Agree that Mutu could be frustrated though

thought they were vulnerable when we ran at them ( albeit only a few times ) coped better when we tried to play into the box,someone sending balls through to JCD Novo and Boyd (not all at the same time though )

Bit of aggression and hunger in the middle of the park should be a priority, Thomson will provide that in place of Hemdani. Same formula as Sporting hold on and keep their main hitmen away from dangerous areas and wait till they get frustrated with the crowd on their back and hit on the break and exploit their unguarded defence, Ferguson back should provide that.

Thought Liverani looked not too bad, he gave the ball away quite a bit which isn't like him. You dont have Manchester United looking at you for no reason.

Thought Jorgensen looked very shaky when we ran at him and Gobbi and Gamberini didn't impress me.

If we can keep Santana and Mutu quiet then they will become very frustrated, Santana gave away a lot of silly fouls.