Heard a rumour today from a good source

im just doing my duty and sharing it. That's all.

It's your duty to pass on unsubstantiated gossip?

Its hardly un-substantiated when this man has told me endless amounts of rumours and storys that have turned out to be true.

On the contrary- it's completely unsubstantiated without a reliable, checkable source. One, by your own admission, who not only can't you name, but no one would know of any way.

So, is it yer pal over a pint or 9 down at the social? Yer mate's birds auntie's brothers pal who heard it from his mates uncles brothers son? Back of a betting slip dropped on the Tote floor? Taxi radio announcement? It could be anything - the only thing I know for definite is that nothing of this nature has ever been levelled at Ferguson before.

As in diddly.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Its hardly un-substantiated when this man has told me endless amounts of rumours and storys that have turned out to be true.

On the contrary- it's completely unsubstantiated without a reliable, checkable source. One, by your own admission, who not only can't you name, but no one would know of any way.

So, is it yer pal over a pint or 9 down at the social? Yer mate's birds auntie's brothers pal who heard it from his mates uncles brothers son? Back of a betting slip dropped on the Tote floor? Taxi radio announcement? It could be anything - the only thing I know for definite is that nothing of this nature has ever been levelled at Ferguson before.

As in diddly.

Its not that I "cant" name him. I simply wont. It's not fair.

Dont really like the tone of your last paragraph... already said in my opening post about how I hate all that "my friend knows someone, who knows someone" crap.

You don't need to say the source, but can you tell us what he is so we know how reliable he is? Is he a footballer? A friend of Barry? His milkman?

I don't believe this for a second.

As in diddly.

Its not that I "cant" name him. I simply wont. It's not fair.

Dont really like the tone of your last paragraph... already said in my opening post about how I hate all that "my friend knows someone, who knows someone" crap.

you might hate it... but for the rest of us that's exactly what you have posted

That's a pity, eh? I can't stand unsubstantiated rumours that only seek to cause ill-feeling or controversy for the sake of it.

In short - you can't substantiate this, wont substantiate this, but you might be feeling a bit put out if you get challenged on the veracity of your statements.

Good luck with that :rangers:

You don't need to say the source, but can you tell us what he is so we know how reliable he is? Is he a footballer? A friend of Barry? His milkman?

I don't believe this for a second.

Someone who liases with Ibrox chiefs on a regular basis due to ticketing matters.

I appreciate that might sound like im talking in riddles, though.

Can't say its a "good source" then say you don't believe it yourself.

Its just waiting to get torn apart straight away.

Well its a good source in the way that he's been right about plenty in the past... but I dont believe it beacuse I think someones been pulling his leg, but I could be wrong?

See being honest I hate all this don't post rumours etc.

At the end of the day it's a discussion forum and people should be allowed to post what we they hear. You don't have to agree with it but it at least gives us something to talk about. It was the same on FF, they banned poeple for saying they heard we had signed someone during the transfer window ffs!

That's a pity, eh? I can't stand unsubstantiated rumours that only seek to cause ill-feeling or controversy for the sake of it.

In short - you can't substantiate this, wont substantiate this, but you might be feeling a bit put out if you get challenged on the veracity of your statements.

Good luck with that :rangers:

Well stick it up your arse then .... :harhar:

I heard a wee rumour on Thursday night about Walter was alledged to have kicked the shit out of one of the players but no cunts saying who.

Rightly or wrongly , I laughed out loud when I read this. Paul le Guen take note!

BTW I'll take a shot in the dark with ... Broadfoot? :craphead:

I dont know if its already been posted.

Dont shoot the messanger ok? I dont expect anyone to believe any of this "someone I know knows someone who knows another person" etc

Not sure I believe it myself, but apparently John Galbraith is talking sh*te.

I can't name my source guys, sorry.

Why should JG name his source? The so-called newspapers that are quoted on here so many times each and every day don't name theirs! And yet every wee rumour of a new signing is swallowed by many as if it's the gospel truth! doh

While I don't believe the story he's relayed to us, he surely doesn't deserve the OTT reactions of some?

I dont know if its already been posted.

Dont shoot the messanger ok? I dont expect anyone to believe any of this "someone I know knows someone who knows another person" etc

Not sure I believe it myself, but apparently John Galbraith is talking sh*te.

I can't name my source guys, sorry.

No need to be a prick about it <cr>

At the end of the day it's a discussion forum and people should be allowed to post what we they hear. You don't have to agree with it but it at least gives us something to talk about. It was the same on FF, they banned poeple for saying they heard we had signed someone during the transfer window ffs!

But when you post something bizarre you have to expect and accept the reaction that comes with it.

Calm down eh lads?

I'm normally the first to jump on someone thats I believe is talking shite, but I believe this guy was just trying to tell us something he heard, rightly or wrongly.

Leave him be, and let it pass?

Mod gonna close this thread aswell? No more piss taking out of a bear on a saturday of all days. ;)

But when you post something bizarre you have to expect and accept the reaction that comes with it.

I did half expect a bit of reaction, didnt expect people to have an attitude problem about it, though.

Why should JG name his source? The so-called newspapers that are quoted on here so many times each and every day don't name theirs! And yet every wee rumour of a new signing is swallowed by many as if it's the gospel truth! doh

While I don't believe the story he's relayed to us, he surely doesn't deserve the OTT reactions of some?

Exactly, I posted similar on the last page. The last time I checked this was a discussion forum and you don't have to believe everything that is posted. If you don't believe it then fine, but you don't have to ridicule the guy for posting.

I wouldn't like to think in future people would be too scared to post ruours or things they've heard for fear of being banned or having the pish taken out them ;)