Broadfoot

maddog 64

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The lad has to get his act together big time McGayday ripped him apart at every chance today, though he did put in a few good challenges at other times in the game.

He should have clattered the irish tottie picker in the first 10 min.

He's not good enough for the Gers, simple as.

He's a trier, but his basic lack of footballing ability mean he'll never be good enough. Even when Hutton was playing rubbish, he could still pass/control a ball, Broadfoot seems even uncapable of that.

Add to that his insistence of giving McGeady at least 5 yards of space every time he got the ball, all adds up to disaster.

Eric is right in saying that we need to give players a break sometimes and get off their back, but Broadfoot has been poor for ages now. I'm not having a go at him for being lazy, he's a big grafter. It's that he's just not Rangers class, and it isn't his fault.

I think it would do Broadfoot some good as well to be taken out of the limelight/criticism and 'rested' until the end of the season.

He's a trier, but his basic lack of footballing ability mean he'll never be good enough. Even when Hutton was playing rubbish, he could still pass/control a ball, Broadfoot seems even uncapable of that.

Add to that his insistence of giving McGeady at least 5 yards of space every time he got the ball, all adds up to disaster.

Eric is right in saying that we need to give players a break sometimes and get off their back, but Broadfoot has been poor for ages now. I'm not having a go at him for being lazy, he's a big grafter. It's that he's just not Rangers class, and it isn't his fault.

I think it would do Broadfoot some good as well to be taken out of the limelight/criticism and 'rested' until the end of the season.

I don't believe he's been poor for ages, for example, in the Fiorentina game he was poor for the first 30 minutes then seemed to have a word with himself and pick his game right up. Every player in that team today, not just Broadfoot, at times, seemed to give the Celtic players loads of space. Broadfoot has done well against McGeady so far this season. And if you rested Broadfoot, who would you replace him with, given our current situation within the team?

I don't believe he's been poor for ages, for example, in the Fiorentina game he was poor for the first 30 minutes then seemed to have a word with himself and pick his game right up. Every player in that team today, not just Broadfoot, at times, seemed to give the Celtic players loads of space. Broadfoot has done well against McGeady so far this season. And if you rested Broadfoot, who would you replace him with, given our current situation within the team?

Depends how long Whittaker is going to be out for? Is it one or three games?

Sadly, we have no alternative to Dailly at CB at the moment, so I'd go with Whittaker-Dailly-Cuellar-Papac after Whitt's comes back from his ban.

Does Webster's inclusion on the bench v Fiorentina mean he's close to fitness?

Sadly, we have no alternative to Dailly at CB at the moment, so I'd go with Whittaker-Dailly-Cuellar-Papac after Whitt's comes back from his ban.

I think Whittaker contributes more to the game from midfield and given the fact that McCulloch is out think it would be a big mistake taking Broadfoot out the side to move Whittaker to left back. Just my opinion, but don't think that's the answer.

i think that you should watch the game again. :rolleyes:

I think you should watch the game again Minstral. You're far too critical of Gers players in my mind.

Did you miss some of the game or did you hide behind the sofa when the mhanks went on the attack?

If you had watched the whole game properly then Broadfoot is one of the last players you would be slagging off.

Although that is what you do best. doh

would not waste any more time with you, you have had your chance but you are back to your cheeky old ways like you used to be, dont even bother trying to speak to me, all i will say is you have not a clue about football if you think broad foot is a good player.

I think Whittaker contributes more to the game from midfield and given the fact that McCulloch is out think it would be a big mistake taking Broadfoot out the side to move Whittaker to left back. Just my opinion, but don't think that's the answer.

Maybe your right, but I'd disagree about Whitts in midfield. He's a RB by trade, that's where he should stay.

And for the first time this season, I'm starting to think we may need to play the footballers (Buffel for example) in place of a 'hard worker', because we're chasing this league now.

Anyway, the question must be asked - what the fuck was he doing for that penalty?

Nothing short of pole vaulting McDonald to get goalside of him, you could see the attackers intentions 5 yards away. Was obviously expecting Broadfoot to come running into him, and he took the bait.

Schoolboy stuff.

Maybe your right, but I'd disagree about Whitts in midfield. He's a RB by trade, that's where he should stay.

And for the first time this season, I'm starting to think we may need to play the footballers (Buffel for example) in place of a 'hard worker', because we're chasing this league now.

I disagree, I think he has played some of his worst games for Rangers at right back. And we have 3 games in hand, stop being a defeatest, keep believing and No Surrender

I disagree, I think he has played some of his worst games for Rangers at right back. And we have 3 games in hand, stop being a defeatest, keep believing and No Surrender

I suggest you check my 'Positives' thread ;)

Anyway, the question must be asked - what the fuck was he doing for that penalty?

Nothing short of pole vaulting McDonald to get goalside of him, you could see the attackers intentions 5 yards away. Was obviously expecting Broadfoot to come running into him, and he took the bait.

Schoolboy stuff.

Ok, look at it from Kirks side. He's looking at the ball, trying to get there first. It wasn't him who was meant to be marking skippy btw. The wee shyte conned the referee by diving away from the ball, and under Kirks feet. Gamesmanship.No attempt to go for the fuckin'ball, i notice nobody has mentioned that?

Whether it was in the box or no is also questionable, but not Kirks fault either.

We dont like losing to those cunts, but we don't need this fuckin witch-hunt either.

I'm not saying he's a silky player, but the stick he gets on here is a fuckin' joke. I remember as a kid hearing similar pish about Tam Forsyth. Who were the dafties then eh?

He is improving & will hopefully continue to do so. He'll be a more confident player with a champions medal in his pocket next season too. (tu)

I suggest you check my 'Positives' thread ;)

I tried, but I couldn't find it :harhar: :lol:

Schoolboy stuff.

Ok, look at it from Kirks side. He's looking at the ball, trying to get there first. It wasn't him who was meant to be marking skippy btw. The wee shyte conned the referee by diving away from the ball, and under Kirks feet. Gamesmanship.No attempt to go for the fuckin'ball, i notice nobody has mentioned that?

Whether it was in the box or no is also questionable, but not Kirks fault either.

We dont like losing to those cunts, but we don't need this fuckin witch-hunt either.

I'm not saying he's a silky player, but the stick he gets on here is a fuckin' joke. I remember as a kid hearing similar pish about Tam Forsyth. Who were the dafties then eh?

He is improving & will hopefully continue to do so. He'll be a more confident player with a champions medal in his pocket next season too. (tu)

I don't see why Broadfoot didn't just skip round him though?

Skippy did make the most of it, but it looked like a rugby tackle by the end of it.

I don't see why Broadfoot didn't just skip round him though?

C'mon eh? We are talking about Kirk Broadfoot here. Skip round him indeed. :lol:

The way he runs does make me laugh.

If he kept his hands down he might so faster.

Big Kirk eh,

Hes the fans' whipping boy and he always will be. Cant help but like the guy even with how much he infuriates me.

Obviously hasnt got the ability but he aint excactly old or in his peak, hopefully he can develop i try my best to be supprotive at time he stretches this and your patience.

Hes not "rangers class" at the end of the day , god likes a trier tho :craphead:

Schoolboy stuff.

Exactly.

McDonald trampled Kirk's foot, then he fell into the wee prick, giving away a pen!

THIS GUY IS ADMITTEDLY PLATING OUT OF POSITION , BUT CHRIST ALMIGHTY SURELY HE SHOULD BE PLAYING FOR DUNDEE OR PARTICK. VERY POOR DELIVERIES , POOR DEFENSIVLEY , JUST SEEMS TO BE A FIT YOUNG MAN. BUT WITH VERY LITTLE TO OFFER AT THIS LEVEL OF FOOTBALL.

You we don't need at this point so fcuk off ! :sherlock:

Schoolboy stuff.

Exactly.

McDonald trampled Kirk's foot, then he fell into the wee prick, giving away a pen!

Regardless, Broadfoot wasn't ever going to get a) the ball or b) a favourable decision by going through McDonald for the ball.