Broadfoot

maddog 64

I liked Broadfoot when he first took over from Hutton and thought he was doing a good job all things considered. I know that he then had a few games where he was awful and the first 30 minutes of the Fiorentina game is an example of this.

He did a good job today, and I think that many supporters will never acknowledge his good tackles/crosses/runs forward simply because he is not Alan Hutton.

I got news for all you Broadfoot haters, he isn't Alan Hutton, he never will be and we should support him as much as we can as he is the best choice for right back at the moment.

he is rubbish and should never have been signed, and today he was like a little lost boy out of his depth.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

broadfoot isn't bad. he's a center back not a right back

when you watch him, considering he's a CB and slow he gets his arse up and down the wing every time.

he bursts a gut and is genuinly trying his best, its not his fault he's being played of out place.

I blame Faye partly for the penalty. That was his position, where was he?

Faye is a truely woeful player, and I've no idea what tactics smith was deploying bringing him on as CB. Broadfoot, Papac or even Hemdani woud of been better options.

Who knows what Smith was thinking? Even before the match the bench we had was worrying. The part that really worries me is that Davie Weir doesn't seem like the type to go off with a trivial injury. Really hope it's not serious.

If Broadfoot is a CB then why did Walter not shift him in there, Whittaker into RB, Davis on the right, Novo left and either Faye or Darcheville on?

Broadfoot is horrendous, he has no pace, his distribution is terrible, he cant tackle or jump, his 1st touch is a tackle(or it even goes out for a throw in) and he can't even take a throw in.

My old dear hates Rangers but she has watched us in Europe and cannot believe that that clown gets a game. It's because Smith is too stubborn, he persists with his own signings. Broadfoot and McCulloch are a prime example.

i watched broadfoot when he played for st mirren as i'd heard he'd be quality one day.

he made costly mistakes there but he has potential. i don't think anyone, himself included expected an extended run of games, not at right back. i believe he has the potential to be a good player, he's in his early 20's is he not? making him the youngest defender on the park. possiably the youngest player?

I don't know why smith never moved broadfoot over, put whittaker at rb and davis outright though. as it made perfect sense

I liked Broadfoot when he first took over from Hutton and thought he was doing a good job all things considered. I know that he then had a few games where he was awful and the first 30 minutes of the Fiorentina game is an example of this.

He did a good job today, and I think that many supporters will never acknowledge his good tackles/crosses/runs forward simply because he is not Alan Hutton.

I got news for all you Broadfoot haters, he isn't Alan Hutton, he never will be and we should support him as much as we can as he is the best choice for right back at the moment.

he is rubbish and should never have been signed, and today he was like a little lost boy out of his depth.

Did you actually see the game or just listen to it and make the rest up in your mind?? Twice he saved us when they were through and it was never a penalty because that rat McDonald through himself in front of him that quick that Broadfoot had nowhere to go. The wee fud was looking for a penalty, Broadfoot couldn't stop .

i watched broadfoot when he played for st mirren as i'd heard he'd be quality one day.

he made costly mistakes there but he has potential. i don't think anyone, himself included expected an extended run of games, not at right back. i believe he has the potential to be a good player, he's in his early 20's is he not? making him the youngest defender on the park. possiably the youngest player?

I don't know why smith never moved broadfoot over, put whittaker at rb and davis outright though. as it made perfect sense

He's nearly 24, that is not young!

Potentially good enough for the likes of Gretna or St. Mirren. Never will be good enough for Rangers!

He tries hard, but is just not the quality we need. He is playing out of position though.

Whittaker may not be good enough either.

I do not blame him for the defeat If anything I blame our mid field for completely disappearing in thev 2nd half.

Did you actually see the game or just listen to it and make the rest up in your mind?? Twice he saved us when they were through and it was never a penalty because that rat McDonald through himself in front of him that quick that Broadfoot had nowhere to go. The wee fud was looking for a penalty, Broadfoot couldn't stop .

oh i seen it all right and broadfoot was taken to the cleaners just not good enough.

oh i seen it all right and broadfoot was taken to the cleaners just not good enough.

When exactly? Tell me in what minute, I have it taped, I will replay it and watch and if I am wrong will eat humble pie.

In my opinion, Broadfoot for the majority of the game, although I will admit not all, kept McGeady from playing his game. Davies was allowing McGeady the space when he tried to turn inside whereas Broadfoot kept him down the channel. In fact, at one point Broadfoot skinned McGeady so I don't know what you're talking about. Evidence please.

When exactly? Tell me in what minute, I have it taped, I will replay it and watch and if I am wrong will eat humble pie.

In my opinion, Broadfoot for the majority of the game, although I will admit not all, kept McGeady from playing his game. Davies was allowing McGeady the space when he tried to turn inside whereas Broadfoot kept him down the channel. In fact, at one point Broadfoot skinned McGeady so I don't know what you're talking about. Evidence please.

i think that you should watch the game again. :rolleyes:

THIS GUY IS ADMITTEDLY PLATING OUT OF POSITION , BUT CHRIST ALMIGHTY SURELY HE SHOULD BE PLAYING FOR DUNDEE OR PARTICK. VERY POOR DELIVERIES , POOR DEFENSIVLEY , JUST SEEMS TO BE A FIT YOUNG MAN. BUT WITH VERY LITTLE TO OFFER AT THIS LEVEL OF FOOTBALL.

Piss off and watch him properly then. The guy made several great important tackles today and provided some great crosses that no-one went for.

Don't pick on Broadfoot just because you can't read the fucking game. doh

THIS GUY IS ADMITTEDLY PLATING OUT OF POSITION , BUT CHRIST ALMIGHTY SURELY HE SHOULD BE PLAYING FOR DUNDEE OR PARTICK. VERY POOR DELIVERIES , POOR DEFENSIVLEY , JUST SEEMS TO BE A FIT YOUNG MAN. BUT WITH VERY LITTLE TO OFFER AT THIS LEVEL OF FOOTBALL.

Piss off and watch him properly then. The guy made several great important tackles today and provided some great crosses that no-one went for.

eric if we keep playing him we will lose the league.

I think you should watch the game again Minstral. You're far too critical of Gers players in my mind.

Did you miss some of the game or did you hide behind the sofa when the mhanks went on the attack?

If you had watched the whole game properly then Broadfoot is one of the last players you would be slagging off.

Although that is what you do best. doh

[/qoute] oh i seen it all right and broadfoot was taken to the cleaners just not good enough.

Having recorded the game, I have actually watched it a second time. As I said befoe, I will admit I am wrong if you can provide evidence. "I think you should watch the game again" is not really a good reply to "evidence please", is it? I still wait to be proven wrong.

Well said Eric, folk have forgotten a couple of very important tackles he made. Its a team game.