Hartley taking out Barry - changed the game

J_RFC87

Did anyone else notice that since that cowardly challenge by Hartley, Barry never kicked a ball after that? :angry2:

He got nailed twice and that was that. Hartley put LM out for the season the other week too. Two yellow cards. JVOH should have been off in both games too.

What pisses me off though is that no other mid fielder stepped up.

Did anyone else notice that since that cowardly challenge by Hartley, Barry never kicked a ball after that? :angry2:

He got nailed twice and that was that. Hartley put LM out for the season the other week too. Two yellow cards. JVOH should have been off in both games too.

Decent point here. I do feel we have this type of player, but, alas, they were injured and/or suspended today.

The positive point I can raise is that on the last 2 occasions, our rivals have only just managed to defeat a massively depleted Rangers.

i was going to start a thread on this. I have noticed this throughout the season when watching celtic games, they target the players who are having their better games against them, and cynically target their achilles tendon, commit atrocious tackles on then, and generally kick them until they are injured.

i was going to start a thread on this. I have noticed this throughout the season when watching celtic games, they target the players who are having their better games against them, and cynically target their achilles tendon, commit atrocious tackles on then, and generally kick them until they are injured.

Of course they do, Hartley even did it at Hearts. It is in part the player, but I bet it is talked about among them. The amount of times they do it is unrealistic to be random.

Of course they do, Hartley even did it at Hearts. It is in part the player, but I bet it is talked about among them. The amount of times they do it is unrealistic to be random.

agreed, most of the tackles they made today was just with intent to injure our players. THAT is anti football.

agreed, most of the tackles they made today was just with intent to injure our players. THAT is anti football.

Just look at the tapes of our games versus them and add up the times we get hammered compared to the penalties they receive. A few yellow cards compared to us losing players for weeks.

Doesn't seem right does it.

That's the v/nature of football when winning and tactics mean everything.

We should have done the same to them and by not doing so, we are a soft target and so only have ourselves to blame. That's how it goes. Hartley was doing exactly what we should have been doing. It annoys me, that we never had any bite or foresight to do that. Winning is everything and if you let yourself be a punch bag, well, await the consequences.

Just look at the tapes of our games versus them and add up the times we get hammered compared to the penalties they receive. A few yellow cards compared to us losing players for weeks.

Doesn't seem right does it.

it definitely is not right.

How that guy gets away with so much is unbelieveable. :angry2:

We should have done the same to them and by not doing so, we are a soft target and so only have ourselves to blame. That's how it goes. Hartley was doing exactly what we should have been doing. It annoys me, that we never had any bite or foresight to do that. Winning is everything and if you let yourself be a punch bag, well, await the consequences.

Difference is, we finally do what they've been at all match and we get a Red card out of it.

Difference is, we finally do what they've been at all match and we get a Red card out of it.

I was shoutin that at the t.v. lol

Yes, but you knew immediately that Whit would be sent off - what a fool ! no excuses.

Barry Ferguson was excellent for 30 minutes a real captains performance Hartley should have seen red cowardly scum

Yes, 30 mins - what happened to the other sixty !

He was'nt in the game but maybe that disgusting tackle had something to do with that